Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

I'm not really sure where to post this. and I've never used a spoiler tag so I hope I did it right.

Are all the show elements for ROTR open/running right now? I feel like I saw reference to perhaps one of the pre-shows being closed due to you-know-what.

Thank you

I'm not really sure where to post this. and I've never used a spoiler tag so I hope I did it right.

Are all the show elements for ROTR open/running right now? I feel like I saw reference to perhaps one of the pre-shows being closed due to you-know-what.

Thank you
No. You skip the first pre show.

It reminds me of that old airline cost cutting story. Some airline served salads with 3 olives, but decided to change and serve salads with only 2 olives. Their thinking was that no one person would miss one olive that much, but meanwhile they save like half a million dollars in olive costs.

It’s corporate thinking like that that can result in things even small things being cut even if they don’t seem to add up to much individually.

That logic only really affects things that are produced in huge mass quantities. If you save $0.05 on a product that you produce 100 million of, that's 5 million more in profit for the shareholders. The Dapper Dan's are just one, so not much economy of scale when you cut them.

But the concept reminds me of a story I heard about early television manufacturers. They designed the circuits and got them to work. Then they started just clipping out capacitors until it stopped working and then kept that last one in. Now they knew they could produce the device and save all those parts.

Of course, the driving factors for an airline or for Disneyland are different than for manufacturing a product. Satisfaction with the service is a more important factor. But even though the airlines have reduced their "meals" to little more than a few cheap (but expensive) snacks, we still need to travel, so we do it anyway. Same thing with Disney. The satisfaction is down, but we "need" it anyway so we will pay.

Anyone notice that the Disneyland app now reads “XX Minute Standby Wait” instead of just “XX Minute Wait”?

A sign of MaxPass or more VQ’s on the horizon maybe?

Attachments

• CC30CEE0-C816-442C-8E61-E436572D60A9.png
    CC30CEE0-C816-442C-8E61-E436572D60A9.png
    163.8 KB · Views: 20
According to Josh D'Amaro, Disneyland is currently operating with fewer than half its employees pre-pandemic. This makes me think they'll be slow to increase capacity until they can hire more people.

https://www.latimes.com/business/st...lifornia-adventure-capacity-masks-annual-pass
"Before the closure, the resort employed about 32,000 workers. D’Amaro said the resort has about 15,000 employees back at work, and he expects to hire hundreds more over the next few months. It remains unclear when or whether the resort will return to its pre-pandemic staffing levels. "

According to Josh D'Amaro, Disneyland is currently operating with fewer than half its employees pre-pandemic. This makes me think they'll be slow to increase capacity until they can hire more people.

https://www.latimes.com/business/st...lifornia-adventure-capacity-masks-annual-pass
"Before the closure, the resort employed about 32,000 workers. D’Amaro said the resort has about 15,000 employees back at work, and he expects to hire hundreds more over the next few months. It remains unclear when or whether the resort will return to its pre-pandemic staffing levels. "

I read that this AM, too. I wonder how many of those 32,000 were part time and how many of the 15,000 back are full time? I don’t know if half of their employees really means only half of usual are on site working.

Plus that’s with some hotels either closed or limited capacity, so I really wonder how the park is staffed vs Before Times, because it seemed well staffed when I went (closures aside).

I read that this AM, too. I wonder how many of those 32,000 were part time and how many of the 15,000 back are full time? I don’t know if half of their employees really means only half of usual are on site working.

Plus that’s with some hotels either closed or limited capacity, so I really wonder how the park is staffed vs Before Times, because it seemed well staffed when I went (closures aside).
I'm betting not having FastPass and only having limited hotel capacity reduces headcount quite a bit. But it's gonna take time to hire thousands of people back, even if they hire less of them back. Makes me think Maxpass/Fastpass won't be back very soon.

Amazing.... and sad! That is alot of amazing CMs.

The L.A. Forum, for example, holds 17,500 people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!