Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

Do you really think that Disney will ever admit to their being an exposure at their parks? I don't think so, and Florida is doing horrible COVID number wise and on top of that there is no contact tracing so we don't know how well Disney is doing and no one is going to want to admit they caught COVID at a theme park. It's a bad look for Disney.
It has nothing to do with what Disney admits. It's the Department of Health. They release the information. Did Disney have a press release when there was a measles outbreak in 2014? No. It was CDPH.

No questions. Figured.

Honestly, I don’t think we’re going to hear anything noteworthy from him at this point than the same ‘safety first’ rhetoric. The guidelines are out and he’s moved on to other business.

I think if we get anything noteworthy at this point, we’ll hear it from Disney. I think they’re done being quiet. 🤞

I just got a very weird (tiny, almost no info) email from Disneyland Resort Reservation notice that says "Reservation Cancellation Number." It doesn't list dates of stay or any details or even what it's for (the Grand)... but there it is.

ETA: My arrival date was supposed to have been November 12.

@theluckyrabbit

ETA #2: ETA: The first several numbers on the "cancellation number" do match the digits of my original confirmation.

Last edited:

For those who've had DLR reservations cancelled (by Disney)... about how long has the refund of your first night's hotel been taking? I just want to put a notation on my calendar for "about when" I should expect to see it.

Thanks!

So I have seen some people says a week or 2. I had called to take advantage of the discount and had to rebook. They send the difference back to me 2 days later. One of the fastest refunds I have ever received.

For those who've had DLR reservations cancelled (by Disney)... about how long has the refund of your first night's hotel been taking? I just want to put a notation on my calendar for "about when" I should expect to see it.

Thanks!
Mine took a little over a week.

I just got a very weird (tiny, almost no info) email from Disneyland Resort Reservation notice that says "Reservation Cancellation Number." It doesn't list dates of stay or any details or even what it's for (the Grand)... but there it is.

@theluckyrabbit

ETA #2: ETA: The first several numbers on the "cancellation number" do match the digits of my original confirmation.

Was it a Dapper Day rate? We got a similar cancellation today and our rate was through Dapper Day.

Was it a Dapper Day rate? We got a similar cancellation today and our rate was through Dapper Day.
I got one of those today, too. I had to go back into my saved emails and see which reservation it was since there were no dates mentioned. It came from "info@cvent.com" and is my reservation made through the Dapper Day website.

@theluckyrabbit

I got one of those today, too. I had to go back into my saved emails and see which reservation it was since there were no dates mentioned. It came from "info@cvent.com" and is my reservation made through the Dapper Day website.

Sad news from the Dapper Days website today:

Fall 2020, Disneyland Resort, CA
UPDATE, Oct 23: Our Fall 2020 Disneyland Resort events are now cancelled.
Due to the theme park reopening requirements recently released by the state of California, and our ongoing discussions with the Disneyland Resort, it appears certain we will be unable to hold any sort of activity at the Anaheim property through the end of 2020. We have therefore asked Disney to cancel and refund all remaining group-rate reservations for stays booked over our planned Nov 14 + 15, 2020 event. (Those guests will be receiving those emails over the next day or so.)
Room reservations can’t be automatically transferred ahead to our April 10 +11, Spring 2021 events, but you may book with our special rates online here or by calling Disney Group Reservations at 714-520-5005, M-F 8-5, and request the “Dapper Day Group Rate.”
These Spring 2021 room reservations are fully refundable as long as you notify Disney Group Reservations of the change no less than 5 days before your arrival. (A refundable, one night room & tax deposit is required to guarantee your reservation at time of booking.)
There’s still stylish fun planned for November though! Join us for “DAPPER DAY at Home” Nov 21 +22! From castles big and small, dress to impress wherever you are and join us for a weekend of activities, live online from our Fall park outings in Walt Disney World, and beyond! Details at DapperDay.com
For any questions regarding your Disneyland Resort reservations, please contact Disney Group Reservations at 714-520-5005 M-F 8-5, or email: DLR.CONVENTION.GROUPS@DISNEY.COM

I got my Dapper Day cancellation email too :( I’m probably going to rebook for Spring Dapper Days. I’m very curious to see how unused tickets that are set to expire in January will be handled....

Yes you're correct; this was a Dapper Day rate.

Yes you're correct; this was a Dapper Day rate.
It's so weird that there was no mention of the dates being cancelled. I'm guessing it was done through a 3rd party reservation system but it still seems odd not to at least tell you the dates, if not the event name.

ETA: So many of us are holding multiple reservations that dates are kind of key.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter