Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

It's so weird that there was no mention of the dates being cancelled. I'm guessing it was done through a 3rd party reservation system but it still seems odd not to at least tell you the dates, if not the event name.

ETA: So many of us are holding multiple reservations that dates are kind of key.
This was the first cancellation I've ever experienced, so I wasn't sure what "the norm" is but yeah it was very weird. And yes I did consider that it was through a "third party" but when I started my reservation on the Dapper Days site, it took me to what APPEARED to be a Disney website to complete it... I don't know. Just odd.

I did have to match up the confirmation number... the cancellation number they had in the email was the original confirmation plus some extra digits/characters.

In any event, I can see how it would be super frustrating if you're holding reservations for multiple dates! Yikes!

Now I have to decide if it's worth the hassle/potential stress to try for the Spring dates now.

This was the first cancellation I've ever experienced, so I wasn't sure what "the norm" is but yeah it was very weird. And yes I did consider that it was through a "third party" but when I started my reservation on the Dapper Days site, it took me to what APPEARED to be a Disney website to complete it... I don't know. Just odd.

I did have to match up the confirmation number... the cancellation number they had in the email was the original confirmation plus some extra digits/characters.

In any event, I can see how it would be super frustrating if you're holding reservations for multiple dates! Yikes!

Now I have to decide if it's worth the hassle/potential stress to try for the Spring dates now.
Yeah, me too. Now would be the time to do it, though, since I'll have a credit on my paid-up cc LOL.

I got my Dapper Day cancellation email too :( I’m probably going to rebook for Spring Dapper Days. I’m very curious to see how unused tickets that are set to expire in January will be handled....
Also curious what they will do about tickets that expire in January....

Tweeter @MagicAndWalnut says the tram pathway from the parking structure to DL has been outfitted with a sound system. Speculation the structure will be opened in order to support additional guests with Buena Vista Street reopening. So guests will walk from the structure?

That's what was discussed when the tram route was first photographed a while ago. The tram route is walked during CHOC Walk every year (except this year, obviously), There are vans for the disabled then, so that might be the case also if M&F gets reopened for DTD/BVS.

Tweeter @MagicAndWalnut says the tram pathway from the parking structure to DL has been outfitted with a sound system. Speculation the structure will be opened in order to support additional guests with Buena Vista Street reopening. So guests will walk from the structure?

God I hope they open M&F/PP parking again. I’ve only been to DTD once because of how terrible the parking arrangement is, I cant imagine what a nightmare it would be if no additional parking opens when BV opens.

How is everyone doing, now that we have the guidelines? While we may not agree with them and we know that Disney certainly don't agree with them, at least now we have something to work on. Is it good that we don't have that weekly will they wont they open Disneyland? For me , when my airline extended the no fee to change dates policy to May 2021 and I moved my flights to January, in a way it took that pressure off. Knowing that Disneyland is still closed and most likely wont be open before Christmas makes it easier for me to deal with the international travel bans. For so many months I was the optimistic one, trying to believe that with each new month, Disneyland will finally reopen. But now, with these guidelines, and knowing that while Disney is fighting, it will take some time, its like I can feel, ok phew, just accept what will be will be for now. Disney is fighting to reopen, Anaheim is fighting to survive, and right now we just need to focus on supporting them in whatever way possible.

God I hope they open M&F/PP parking again. I’ve only been to DTD once because of how terrible the parking arrangement is, I cant imagine what a nightmare it would be if no additional parking opens when BV opens.
The thing I wonder is if they would really need M&F. They really only use half of the DTD parking lot anyways, restricting it due to overall capacity in DTD. BVS will definitely add to capacity, but prob not enough to require more parking spots. But when parking is limited, it usually means DTD is just too busy, with virtual (and physical) queues for all the main stores and people just stuck waiting around outside. If they added more parking at M&F, that just means even more people waiting around.

Though I suppose if OC finally gets down to Orange they can up the capacity of restaurants and shops.

FYI, from the City of Anaheim yesterday:

Not a good sign. I wonder if Disney and other theme parks can band together to help promote mask wearing and social distancing in the community.

Yeah, I think there's very little chance Newsom softens his stance anytime soon given the Covid numbers in the US. Even in CA there are some signs that things are getting worse

US numbers:

California numbers:

Source: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/coronavirus-us-cases.html

Given what we know about about Newsom's stance on Covid, it seems unlikely that the guidelines are going to be negotiable anytime soon.

The thing I wonder is if they would really need M&F. They really only use half of the DTD parking lot anyways, restricting it due to overall capacity in DTD. BVS will definitely add to capacity, but prob not enough to require more parking spots. But when parking is limited, it usually means DTD is just too busy, with virtual (and physical) queues for all the main stores and people just stuck waiting around outside. If they added more parking at M&F, that just means even more people waiting around.

Though I suppose if OC finally gets down to Orange they can up the capacity of restaurants and shops.

What makes the current parking a pain is that there’s no ‘line’ to get into like at M&F. In the morning you just have to keep going around the block over and over until they let you in. When I went you just got in the moving line of cars and if they still weren’t letting cars in when you made it to the front then you were just forced to go forward and around the block back to the of the line, over and over until you made it to the front and were allowed in. At M&F you could just get in line and wait until you were allowed in as people leave, and they could close it when needed at the Ball Road & Disneyland Drive intersection like in normal times.

I got the premier pass last spring (2019). Used it for 3 planned WDW trips, with my last one about a week before the closures happened. It got extended with the WDW AP extensions (I think an extra 1-2 months; I wasn't keeping as close a track). And before it would expire, I got an email that they would be extending it month by month so I could continue to use it at WDW while DLR is closed. So as of now, it has been good for about 19 months and counting. I could have used it at WDW this summer/fall, but I didn't have the chance to fly out there. The current word from Disney is the full pass will continue to be extended until DLR reopens, plus, I assume, any additional extensions they give to DL APs. Of course, they could also change course and split the WDW and DLR sides so the WDW expires first, but it seems like that would cause more headaches for dealing with the relatively small number of people with Premier than it would cause savings (and to be fair - a Premier AP who still has a valid pass is more likely to plan a trip to WDW and bring in additional revenue than one who has an expired pass).

As for revenue, the cost of the pass does get split between DLR and WDW. So you end up paying tax on the WDW portion but not on the DL side, and if you are a SoCal resident, you still have the option of paying monthly on the DL side. I'm sure there are lots of little intricacies with this pass in the computer systems (since the two resorts have different systems)!

seriously, premier passholders are making out like a bandit due to this pandemic. i am a socal resident who visits DLR more often than WDW, but i have taken one WDW trip this fall so far with another planned early 2021 to take advantage of this benefit. this awkward period with WDW open and DLR closed is like a "freebie", and i'd be stupid if i don't use it.

How is everyone doing, now that we have the guidelines? While we may not agree with them and we know that Disney certainly don't agree with them, at least now we have something to work on. Is it good that we don't have that weekly will they wont they open Disneyland? For me , when my airline extended the no fee to change dates policy to May 2021 and I moved my flights to January, in a way it took that pressure off. Knowing that Disneyland is still closed and most likely wont be open before Christmas makes it easier for me to deal with the international travel bans. For so many months I was the optimistic one, trying to believe that with each new month, Disneyland will finally reopen. But now, with these guidelines, and knowing that while Disney is fighting, it will take some time, its like I can feel, ok phew, just accept what will be will be for now. Disney is fighting to reopen, Anaheim is fighting to survive, and right now we just need to focus on supporting them in whatever way possible.
Sort of agree. I like knowing that the park won't be open, but I'm still waiting to see ... will they open VGC/the Grand/any hotels before my next reservation? Will they opt for food festivals? Should I reallocate my points to next May? How many reservations should I keep depending on what the other offerings might be? Fortunately, I can drive there (and was planning to for Thanksgiving), so moving flights I can give up on. For my family, food festivals are the biggest draw (we plan half our visits around birthdays, the other half around seasonal food offerings), so we'd keep going for 2 nights/3 day trips staying on property if they do food festivals, but if its just shopping we might only do one more trip before whenever opening is and save points for late '21/2022 and go see other parts of the state. So I guess I feel like I'm still in planning limbo.

If anyone is tracking how long refunds are taking for hotel reservations that Disney canceled, I got the cancellation email Friday and today I see the credit back on my card. It's dated October 23 but it definitely wasn't there last night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter