Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

Thank you!

Adding on: theme parks need to keep pressing the state for “data” that shows theme parks aren’t safe to reopen.
Knotts sent me an e-mail urging me to send an e-mail to the governor through the CAPA website portal - so I did. I wrote a personal e-mail too - I didn't just copy and paste the e-mail they prepared. I related my experience in WDW in August and I did ask for the data to support keeping the parks closed (among other things - kept it professional). A lot of good that did - I might as well have gone outside and spit into the wind. I was able to pretend that the governor was smirking directly at me during the press conference since that was all the response I will ever get - so that's something.

No big surprise here, but I received an email today from Courtyard waterpark canceling my reservation 12/18-12/23. They were supposed to reopen on the 18th, so it looks like that is no longer the case.
I posted this in the Dec thread, but I thought I'd share it here too. I got curious and looked to see how far out Courtyard is canceling reservations. Looks like it's all the way out to March 1☹️.

Nothing really new to report. They are holding another rally Nov. 7. She did say that they are not getting support from the local politicians (time to put some pressure on there?). I thought that OC and Anaheim had published letter that they had sent to the Governor though? She did mention that the Disney bloggers have been their biggest supporters.
John & Ken were very sympathetic - that's a good thing!

I officially booked for Spring Dapper Days. I guess we’ll see if it happens. I booked an extra night so hopefully I’ll be able to upgrade my existing tickets and add an extra day to them.
I did, too. Figured I'd already "spent" the money for my previous Dapper Day reservation that got cancelled so I won't miss it. Hopefully, we'll get to go in April!

Can someone help me understand CAs numbers and why CA hit the tri state quarantine list yesterday? Using a rolling 7 day average, a state hits our list if testing reaches 10 positives per 100,000 OR a 10% positivity rate. Weren’t CA numbers 7/100,000 and 3.2% Positive as of yesterday???? We are set to fly out in one week but just cannot if it’s on the list still! Thanks!!

Can someone help me understand CAs numbers and why CA hit the tri state quarantine list yesterday? Using a rolling 7 day average, a state hits our list if testing reaches 10 positives per 100,000 OR a 10% positivity rate. Weren’t CA numbers 7/100,000 and 3.2% Positive as of yesterday???? We are set to fly out in one week but just cannot if it’s on the list still! Thanks!!
Oh who knows? You have your numbers right - sounds like you got them from here but just in case; "California Blueprint for a Safer Economy"

Those numbers are for the week ending in 10/17, I think NY may have used data through 10/26 which if they did I can see being in the 10/100K number because of Los Angeles backlog.

The LA Times tracker is reporting that there were an average of 4,450 cases per day statewide over the last seven days. That would put the case rate at about 11/100,000.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter