Disneyland show?

I liked the new show, I'm just happy that it's back! I live in Northern California, and make it down about once a year for a family vacation, so I like the travel planning part since I can't go frequently like annual passholders/locals. I didn't love everything about the old show, so I don't expect to love everything about the new show. They can't be all things to all people. And I like the video portion. I really loved the Disneyland video where everyone talked about what they love about Disneyland, that was really wonderful! Thank you for all of the work you put into the shows and videos, everything just keeps getting better and better!!

I do think the old version had a certain charm. Tom and Tony together were hilarious and Nancy interjecting was full of sass. Mary Jo was always so positive and informative. Michael was a joy to listen to and Wayne! Our first historian. They had a family vibe that I really enjoyed listening to while doing housework or out for a walk.
I can see why they would want to change things up with all the big things coming in to the park and the increased competition with other vloggers. I watched the new show last night and really enjoyed it. I think Katrina and Tyler are great on camera and have a good energy. I hope we get to see our old 'friends' from the OG though!

Long live Global Hygiene Revolution!

I'm not thrilled with the new format, but I think I'll at least give them a few weeks to get their feet under them before I pass judgment.

I liked the old show because it felt like listening to a conversation between friends about my home away from home.

The new format feels like listening to a discussion podcast about Disneyland. Which isnt to say that it's bad... it's just not what I was looking for.

That said ... I will try to continue listening to see if I come to love this new version as much as I loved the old one. We'll see.

I liked the old show because it felt like listening to a conversation between friends about my home away from home.

The new format feels like listening to a discussion podcast about Disneyland. Which isnt to say that it's bad... it's just not what I was looking for.

That said ... I will try to continue listening to see if I come to love this new version as much as I loved the old one. We'll see.
That's kind of what I've been thinking. I'm still not sure what I actually think of the new show. I'm not really big on the new format with them not talking about the news and just doing segments. I think it could be in danger of just becoming stagnant if they keep it up.

I tried listening to the new podcast on iTunes and it just didn’t have the same charm. I think that it is the feel of a conversation between friends that I’m missing. I may try to watch the video to see if that’s any better for me. I’m glad that I can still catch Michael on Connecting with Walt. That has become my new go-to podcast.

I think that the talent the original team posesses is their knowledge of the DLR and how they can bring it all to life through the information and descriptions that they share. I do think that they shared information for planning but they were more than planners. They were also great storytellers. I love how they wove the past, present and future to tell us the story of the DLR. Thank you so much for bringing DLR to life for me through your stories Tom, Mary Jo, Michael, Nancy and Tony! Your stories helped ease the stresses of the week and helped me relax and dream of visiting DLR again someday!

I think many people instinctively react negatively to change of any sort so it's difficult to be objective in the short term (Especially after only one show). As time goes by all will adjust to the new format and when that changes we'll be upset all over again.

I miss the old show. No disrespect to anyone running the new one. It's still a good show. But, there's nothing there for the "frequent flyers" anymore. Disneyland is more of a locals park than the other Disney parks. I hope future segments will recognize that they're missing something important to Disneyland--something for the APs who go regularly and appreciate some of the nuances that are hard to see. It's become a bit generic. I feel horrible saying that because the new team seems solid. It's just missing heart.

I think many people instinctively react negatively to change of any sort so it's difficult to be objective in the short term (Especially after only one show). As time goes by all will adjust to the new format and when that changes we'll be upset all over again.
You’ll eat your vegetables and you’ll like it rarely works especially when it’s brussel sprouts.

I think we anticipated it was going to video but no one expected the entire team would be gone. Several months ago on the Tuesday show, Pete assured us that no one was gone. Now we are told they might pop in from time to time.
This week they talked about homogenizing the parks, well it’s the same conversation to homogenizing the shows. I liked that the shows were completely different. I liked having different casts and formats.
This is like trying to milk identical formats i.e the B&W. I chuckle because B&W of DL has done two worst shows and a TON of best shows, because well the format really doesn’t fit.
I think it’s a lot more then change of format, it’s an entirely new show! If the WDW show went on hiatus for SIX solid months, came back and the entire cast was gone, they changed formats, studios, move to Canada and went to prerecorded the fan base would be upset.
Would you say “oh, we’ll adjust!” Oh. Please. Y’all be terribly disappointed. I think we are being really, really measured in our response. The main thing is we like to see our cast regularly because their knowledge level is unmatched.

Um, except Brussels spouts are great! Try them heavily roasted with some maple syrup
I like brussel sprouts (especially the grilled ones from Wine Country Trattoria) but that was really a reference to a prior conversation on the Disney World show.

I didn't listen to the Disneyland show prior to the change. The main avenue I listen/watch to the Dis is on YouTube. Now that there is a show being done during the day on Monday I can have it playing while at work.

Based on how the first show went I can see room for improvement, but to be honest I like having Pete/Ryno leading the show. However, I definitely enjoy the Disneyland team's personalities so hopefully they are just as involved each week.

I may never go to Disneyland because of the fact that it's on the West Coast, but I enjoy hearing about it from the DW team that I've been listening/watching over the last couple of years. Having Tyler/Katrina/Mary Jo/Tom involved makes it that much better.

I think we anticipated it was going to video but no one expected the entire team would be gone. Several months ago on the Tuesday show, Pete assured us that no one was gone. Now we are told they might pop in from time to time.
This week they talked about homogenizing the parks, well it’s the same conversation to homogenizing the shows. I liked that the shows were completely different. I liked having different casts and formats.
This is like trying to milk identical formats i.e the B&W. I chuckle because B&W of DL has done two worst shows and a TON of best shows, because well the format really doesn’t fit.
I think it’s a lot more then change of format, it’s an entirely new show! If the WDW show went on hiatus for SIX solid months, came back and the entire cast was gone, they changed formats, studios, move to Canada and went to prerecorded the fan base would be upset.
Would you say “oh, we’ll adjust!” Oh. Please. Y’all be terribly disappointed. I think we are being really, really measured in our response. The main thing is we like to see our cast regularly because their knowledge level is unmatched.

I couldn’t agree with you more. I have tried to be positive and open-minded in my responses because I don’t like to be negative, but it is disappointing. I have been open-minded in welcoming Tyler and Katrina to the new team. I was understanding that Michael would be focusing his efforts on the Connecting with Walt Podcast and was open-minded to start listening to that podcast and instantly enjoyed it. I was open-minded to support the DL best and worst videos and enjoyed seeing the original team in those videos. I don’t think just because I didn’t enjoy this first show means that I am adverse to change.

It is disappointing that none of the original team were included in the kickoff episode. I think if anything my expectations were raised with the six month hiatus. I was hoping that the new format would be a homerun with as much time as they took to reimagine the show. I guess I was expecting something more unique and something that would still involve the original team.

Of course I will be open-minded enough to try listening to a couple of more episodes. I have been open-minded enough to also try other DL podcasts and have found a couple of them that do have a vibe that I enjoy. They don’t seem to be as consistent as our original team used to be but I’m not adverse to changing to just listening to them if the new Disunplugged version doesn’t capture and hold my attention.

The new show is just becoming Pete and Rino talk about Disneyland every week with a random cast of pel, from the west coats. I really Don't think they should be hosting it at all. Let them be guest and have the new guy and his partner host it if they don't want to have the otrifganl team back every week. I also really didn't care for Craig's justification of the new format on the recent episode of connecting with Walt it felt like he was slapping all of the fans in the face with his crap about video and how they are changing the show to be more about planning. If thats the case when will, the Orlando show stop talking about the news and have random ridiculous overused segments in it insted and alos switch to being pre-recorded.

Just read that Incredibles 2 blew all projections out of the water and came in at $180 million! Next weekend DCA will open their Incredicoaster. Oh man, so that was apparently a very smart move.
Same deal as last week, where all the announcements of AP stuff came too late for the show. This is why we need a show that is not prerecorded.
I am sooo excited! Can’t wait to see the coaster!

Just read that Incredibles 2 blew all projections out of the water and came in at $180 million! Next weekend DCA will open their Incredicoaster. Oh man, so that was apparently a very smart move.
Same deal as last week, where all the announcements of AP stuff came too late for the show. This is why we need a show that is not prerecorded.
I am sooo excited! Can’t wait to see the coaster!

I must admit that I was not - and am still not - a huge fan of the Pixar Pier project as a whole. And at first I wasn't really excited about the Incredicoaster as I enjoyed California Screamin' as it was. That said, everything I have seen so far makes it look like it will be a really fun overlay and they are adding in the IP and show scene parts in a really interesting way (at least potentially) and I am now really looking forward to the ride

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!