Disneyland to LAX - how much time should we allow?

*DisneyDreamer

DIS Veteran
I’m hoping some of you out there can give me and my sisters some advice. We are going to Disneyland this week, staying at the Fairfield Inn on Harbor right across the street from the parks. We get there Monday and are leaving on a 1:50 pm flight out of LAX on Friday. We aren’t renting a car and are going to take the Super Shuttle shared van service from the hotel to the airport. The earliest pickup time Super Shuttle allowed for booking online for the 1:50 flight was 10:30 am, but I’m concerned that between it being a shared van that will probably have to make other stops, the potential time it takes to get to LAX in LA traffic, and then flight check in and security, that this isn’t nearly enough time. (Maybe it is, but I get paranoid easily and would rather wait a bit at the airport than miss a flight).

So my question is, if we call Super Shuttle and try to change our reservation to schedule an earlier time, what would you suggest?

For the record, my one sister and I are flying into the Orange County airport on the way in, so we won’t have that comparison of time the first way to have an idea of how long it will take. But the better flight option for going home was LAX, which is why we’re leaving from there and not Orange County both ways.

Thanks for any advice! I really don’t want to have to worry about missing our flight and want to make sure we have enough time.

Should not be bad traffic that direction at that time. 45 Min is standard drive time. Goole Maps has a traffic estimator and it says :50-1:10.

I personally would be fine for a 10:30 departure with a 1:50 flight

Supper Shuttle scheduled their time for a 2 hour arrival prior to your flight...which is an hour more than you really need if everything goes smoothly.

I too would be ok with a 10:30am shuttle pickup. (Personally, I don’t like the extra shuttle stops so I stick to Uber/Lyft now. Fwiw for our rideshare we gave it 3 hours around the same time of day you’re looking at, plenty of time.)

Supershuttle is really good at configuring how long it takes to pick everyone up and get them to the airport. Sometimes their even there a little early. I've never been late to a fight with supershuttle. I think the time they have configured is fine.

We aren’t renting a car and are going to take the Super Shuttle shared van service from the hotel to the airport. The earliest pickup time Super Shuttle allowed for booking online for the 1:50 flight was 10:30 am,

Go with what they say.

Having a pickup at that time likely means you’re in the middle of their stops. If they had you earlier then you would be in the shuttle longer.

I once had a very early pickup time, I was the first in the van, and ended up in the van for a mind-numbing hour. And our last stop before we hit the highway was at the same resort we’d started at.

what transport to you suggest for one person LAX to Fairfield Inn? I am going in July. It will be roundtrip.

At that time you should be fine traffic-wise. I drive around a lot between El Segundo (where LAX is) and down into Orange County. Luckily LAX is right before Los Angeles proper, so you never actually deal with the worst of L.A. freeways.

Thanks for all of the responses! After everyone's feedback, we decided to stick with the 10:30 pickup time, and it ended up working out fine. The shuttle didn't arrive until closer to 10:45 (window was 10:30-10:45) but traffic wasn't an issue and we made it in what would have been plenty of time for the 1:50 flight. In fact, traffic was slower and heavier going from the Orange County airport to the hotel when we arrived on Monday afternoon. It turns out that it's a good thing we didn't switch to an earlier pickup because we would have been stuck at the airport even longer since our flight was delayed for 4 hours. :(

I’m hoping some of you out there can give me and my sisters some advice. We are going to Disneyland this week, staying at the Fairfield Inn on Harbor right across the street from the parks. We get there Monday and are leaving on a 1:50 pm flight out of LAX on Friday. We aren’t renting a car and are going to take the Super Shuttle shared van service from the hotel to the airport. The earliest pickup time Super Shuttle allowed for booking online for the 1:50 flight was 10:30 am, but I’m concerned that between it being a shared van that will probably have to make other stops, the potential time it takes to get to LAX in LA traffic, and then flight check in and security, that this isn’t nearly enough time. (Maybe it is, but I get paranoid easily and would rather wait a bit at the airport than miss a flight).

So my question is, if we call Super Shuttle and try to change our reservation to schedule an earlier time, what would you suggest?

For the record, my one sister and I are flying into the Orange County airport on the way in, so we won’t have that comparison of time the first way to have an idea of how long it will take. But the better flight option for going home was LAX, which is why we’re leaving from there and not Orange County both ways.

Thanks for any advice! I really don’t want to have to worry about missing our flight and want to make sure we have enough time.

HEY! We stay every year at the Fairfield Inn, do a SuperShuttle shared van and travel out of LAX. So I guess we're travel twins! :)

Trust SuperShuttle's time options because we've never had a problem in all the years using their service. We choose the earliest time slot and still have plenty of time at the airport. The shuttle van uses the HOV lane, which speeds up the commute. Download the SuperShuttle app to manage your reservation and to monitor the van's distance from the hotel - I think that's a big help! Also they have never arrived late for us but occasionally have arrived a few minutes before the slotted time, so it helps to get to the hotel entrance early.

what transport to you suggest for one person LAX to Fairfield Inn? I am going in July. It will be roundtrip.

If one person, and you just want a non stop direct ride, use Uber or Lyft. Will probably take about 5-15 minutes after you request the ride for the driver to show up, and they'll drop you off at the hotel. When you're ready to leave, go ahead and request the pickup to take you back. Will probably be about 25-40 each way if I remember right.

IMO Karmel Shuttle are quite a bit better than SuperShuttle - they also compete well with them on price too. Guess it is up to you.

Shared shuttle is your cheapest bet, using a ridshare Lyft/Uber is your fastest but will cost more since you aren't splitting the cost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter