Disneyland!

Snickals

Australian Princess...in Training
So we are venturing away from WDW and are heading to Disneyland Anaheim! I just can not make my mind up which hotel to stay in! I have researched and researched but keep changing my mind lol

It will be December 11-21 2017, 1 adult, 1 6yr old. I want a hotel across the road that we don't have to walk to far to get to the crossing. We prefer a room with a king bed...spacious room would be nice. And if there is a chance of seeing fireworks from within the hotel even better! Free breakfast is not essential as we are never morning people in America. But a room with a microwave would be handy.

Please give your suggestions/recommendations :)

We stayed at the Best Western Plus Stovall's Inn on our most recent visit.

It was a decent location within easy walking distance to the parks. You could see the fireworks from outside our room, although not particularly well and it did just draw a "crowd" of onlookers who would stand outside our room. And it had a free "breakfast". I can't remember whether there was a microwave - I think there may have been.

But, the rooms weren't the best. They were very dated and poorly kept. But, they were a somewhat decent size. The air-conditioning was temperamental. The "breakfast" generally consisted of highly questionable foodstuffs. But, at least it had muffins and tubs of yogurt.

And, most importantly, it was cheap! We wouldn't stay there again as ultimately it wasn't a particularly pleasant room to come back to each evening.

I know that this hotel is not in walking distance but if you use the shuttle from the toy story parking lot which is next door it is really easy and close.
The hotel is lovely the rooms have seperate sleeping and kitchen lounge area. They do have breakfast every morning and an evening snack/meal I think it is mon-Thursday. The hotel is Homewood suites convention centre.
We were in Disneyland last year for the Christmas celebrations and loved it.
Consider doing the dessert party for World of Color also I noticed something that someone had posted that you and your child may love
https://patina.social/catal-restaur...UR DATES&utm_campaign=Catal Christmas in July
It's at downtown Disney and looks fun.

Hi, I think we're both on The Aussie Disney dorks fb page .
Maybe try google maps and see what motels are closest to the Disneyland entrance and check them out, I honestly think any of them would be fine, they're only basically for sleeping in.
check multiple websites, wotif, bookings, even flight centre website but may be for that search put 2 adults as when I did a quick search for 1 adult, 1 child it only came up with 2 options but if u put 2 adults it had more options.
I know you thought about Howard Johnson, it's actually quite a walk especially after a long day walking around the parks

waves hi from Ireland. I stayed this year at Dessert Inn and Suites. Its about a 3 minute walk to the park entrance, depending on traffic, as you have to wait for the pedestrian lights to cross the street.

The room I had was on the second floor, beside the elevator.

The room had
2 double beds (not sure if they were king)
table and 2 chairs
TV
Microwave
Fridge
Iron and ironing board
suitcase rack
Hanging space
Coffee maker
sink separate to toilet and bath / shower

The hotel had
breakfast included - basic but a good way to fill up. Pastries , toast, cereal, tea, coffee, juice
indoor swimming pool
rooftop fireworks viewing area
luggage storage lockers

Dennys is right next door and IHop is just 2 building up the street.

Fairfield Inn and Suites is the best option, particularly since you get the backing of Marriott.

They have a king bed and sofa or 2 queens and a sofa, and they have view rooms for a bit extra or I think you can just access the balcony hallway.

Thanks for all the responses!

Spoke with a travel agent friend and have booked Best western park place at a discounted rate :)
Was going to jump on with a vote for the Desert Inn, but I see I'm too late :). I'm sure you'll love the BWPPI- you cannot beat the location!

So we are venturing away from WDW and are heading to Disneyland Anaheim!

Hi @Snickals - congratulations on your upcoming trip! We'll be at Disneyland in December as well, but not arriving until the 20th.

We've walked past Best Western Park Place on many of our visits to Disneyland. I'd be interested to hear what you thought of it when you get back. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter