Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Information & Questions

I am so glad there is Twinnings! My hubby is mainly a tea drinker so I was going to bring a bunch. But now that we are on Free Quick Service DDP I can just make him tea in his mug! Thank you so much for these photos!

You are very welcome! I am one of those people you see going around taking pictures of everything. I like to keep my friends, family, Dis and clients informed.

Anyone know how the suites will be renovated? I wonder if they will also use the Murphy double or queen bed instead of the single beds.

I think that is going to be the most interesting renovation. They don’t have the layout like AoA so not sure they can pull that off.

What do the refurbs consist of? When are they going to be completed? I'm going at the end of November and hoping they will be completed by then. Thanks!

Go look at pictures of POP on the renovation thread. Will be similar.

Predicted schedule is Movies done in November then they will start Music, after that Sports.

If works out first rooms in Music finished won’t be until January or so.

In all our past trips we have stayed at Pop Century. Giving Music a try this around for something new. Was going to do Movies but since it's not included in Free Dining we are going to go with Music. We will have two little ones with us and was wondering if there was a specific area we should request?

We are hoping to not be disappointed in our switch from Pop? Anyone care to compare the two for me? Thanks!

In all our past trips we have stayed at Pop Century. Giving Music a try this around for something new. Was going to do Movies but since it's not included in Free Dining we are going to go with Music. We will have two little ones with us and was wondering if there was a specific area we should request?

We are hoping to not be disappointed in our switch from Pop? Anyone care to compare the two for me? Thanks!
I'm in the same boat as you. Always stay at Pop, but snagged FD at Music. Anxious to hear the responses.

At the moment the biggest comparison between Pop and Music is that Pop Century has brand new renovated rooms, a complete overhaul. I won't miss the old-style value room setup at Music (and Sports; the Movies renovations are just barely starting).

Rooms aside, I found the property layout at Music to be the least satisfying, as compared to Pop or Sports or Movies. The grounds are quite nice, but Music has a nearly straight layout with the property stretching back from the main building. By comparison to Pop (or Sports and Movies) which somehow seems to have a decently-compact layout relative to how big it is, the walk from my standard room in the Broadway section of Music to the main building seemed very long.

Just got back from Music and have stayed at Pop two times. It really depends on what you want. The themes at POP are much better but IMO the dinning room is more crowded and noisy given it's a larger resort. We stayed at Country Music and it was really quiet which I was not expecting. We had our own car so I can't give you any input on the bus service. I will say Music didn't have the "Disney feel" like other resorts we've stayed at but it wouldn't stop me from going back.

So out of the standards, which buildings/locations would you suggest?

For me, I've decided the best standard room section for All-Star Music is the Mighty Ducks section of All-Star Movies. It's closer to the Music food court and buses.

So I hope someone hasn't already asked this question but, it's hard to search 77 pages of info..
Disney Quick Service Dining, how does the "Specialty beverage: Beer, Wine, and Cocktails" work at Intermission Food Court? What are the options?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!