Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

First time at Boardwalk Inn and I'm excited! I have a standard room booked, but was thinking about upgrading to the water view because I think my mother would enjoy the view. My question (since I'm not familiar with the layout): are the water view rooms further away from the lobby? Or are they all over the place and room type wont make a difference as to proximity to the lobby? I don't want to make mom walk extra if I can help it

First time at Boardwalk Inn and I'm excited! I have a standard room booked, but was thinking about upgrading to the water view because I think my mother would enjoy the view. My question (since I'm not familiar with the layout): are the water view rooms further away from the lobby? Or are they all over the place and room type wont make a difference as to proximity to the lobby? I don't want to make mom walk extra if I can help it
Some are sort of close to the lobby but Standard would be closer. Look at the layout on Touring Plans and you'll see where water view rooms can be and where all the others could be. Both could be far but standard stands the chance of being the closest.

Can anyone share recent Magical Express experience? I’m wondering if there are other stops before BW. We fly in to MCO at 8 pm and want to get our kids in bed as quickly as possible 😂 our last experience a few years ago was that it took forever.

Can anyone share recent Magical Express experience? I’m wondering if there are other stops before BW. We fly in to MCO at 8 pm and want to get our kids in bed as quickly as possible 😂 our last experience a few years ago was that it took forever.

Not super recent, but we arrived a little before 7:00pm in July and BW was the first stop on DME. Maybe not that way every time, but it was great and quick for us.

Most of the time BWI has been first stop on ME but not always. You won't have any way to know until you are there. They don't tell up front what the order is

In August BW was last of 3 stops, we were supposed to arrive around 8pm as well but flight got delayed not sure if that made a difference.

Yes, thank you very much! I'm just not sure we want to deal w/ that. Seems like a pain. I have zero interest in eating outside in the hot summer heat, which is when we go. Then there's all the rain. It would be nice if they at least had one indoor place for when the weather is not so great outside. I do like all of the choices, just wish there was some inside options.
Another option at least for breakfast is Trattoria el Forno.

You go inside to the podium and ask for a non character breakfast. I usually get seated within 5 mins. There is both inside and outside seating.

Pancakes, eggs, fruit plate etc. , not a huge menu but nice to sit together and getting a mimosas is nice too.

Another option at least for breakfast is Trattoria el Forno.

You go inside to the podium and ask for a non character breakfast. I usually get seated within 5 mins. There is both inside and outside seating.

Pancakes, eggs, fruit plate etc. , not a huge menu but nice to sit together and getting a mimosas is nice too.
You know, I hear people say that this is a fairly quick option, but every time we've tried it (4 times now) we've been quoted a wait time of 60 minutes or more.
Makes me a little sad because I loved Trattoria al Forno for a quiet and REALLY good breakfast before the change to a character meal.

Just my experience :(

We just came back from an unexpected 10 day trip. We were (happily) the first stop after the airport. Additional stops were YC and BC. Unfortunately on the way back to MCO we were the first stop to get on the bus, followed by YC and BC. I'm not complaining though. We've had situations in the past where we were the last of four stops when arriving and the first of four when leaving.

Last edited:
You know, I hear people say that this is a fairly quick option, but every time we've tried it (4 times now) we've been quoted a wait time of 60 minutes or more.
Makes me a little sad because I loved Trattoria al Forno for a quiet and REALLY good breakfast before the change to a character meal.

Just my experience :(
Sorry, I did it this past Saturday on a holiday weekend. Waited 2 mins,

I will say my times have been after 9:30am. Maybe it’s busy early?

This was my experience last November getting from the airport to the Boardwalk Villas :love:
I landed 40 minutes late at 1:25 PM.
I boarded the Magical Express at 1:45 PM.
I arrived at the Boardwalk at 2:25 PM.
I was eating fish and chips in England at 2:50 PM :cool1:

Can I request a lower level room? I prefer to take the stairs rather than the elevator!

Also, is the themed pool in the villa's section? Is it a hike to it? We won't spend a lot of time at the pool but I know my kids will want to check it out!! We are booked for a water view room in the Boardwalk Inn.

You can request a bottom floor room but you'll have to go outside, use the outdoor staircase to the garden area and then go back inside to the rooms. The indoor stairs do not have access to that area.

Yes, the themed pool is off the Villa's. No it's not a hike.

You can request a bottom floor room but you'll have to go outside, use the outdoor staircase to the garden area and then go back inside to the rooms. The indoor stairs do not have access to that area.

Yes, the themed pool is off the Villa's. No it's not a hike.
Ah yes, this is how it was at the GF club level outer building. So how do you request a lower room

Ah yes, this is how it was at the GF club level outer building. So how do you request a lower room
Just that, ask them for a room on the first floor. Call or use Touring Plans

Though I just stayed at GF SL and don't recall any outside stairs. You enter right on the first floor for that building.

There are stairs on both ends of the building. So you can take the outside stairs and go into the 2nd floor to the rooms.

Hi! I'm excited to be staying at Boardwalk Inn this August for 6 nights at Club Level. It's our first time staying at the resort after Beach Club last year and Poly the year before. We really liked being in the Epcot/HS area last year and am looking forward to this trip. It's late August which I know will be hot and we usually travel in spring but I'm looking forward to taking a lot of breaks to enjoy the pool and lounge.

I was there a few weeks ago, they stopped at 5 resorts (yes, 5!), and BWI was the middle stop after Pop and AoA. Honestly think it was just slow (place was empty) and they were just putting all the resorts in a general area together instead of a couple of half empty buses, but it still didn't take that long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter