Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

We have a cash stay in a 1 BR villa coming up in April, and I'm wondering what people would recommend for room requests? Will this be a pool/garden view since it was booked with cash, or a true standard? I would love a village green view, but my understanding is that there are very few (like maybe 2) 1 BRs that have this view, so I'm debating if that would just be a wasted request. What would be some other nice views? A good view is pretty important to me, it really elevates my stay and opinion of a resort vs getting a substandard view. Using TPs the canal views look nice, I'm wondering if they might be nicer than views of the main pool. I guess it's very subjective, but can anyone tell me what they have liked as far as view?

For info, I don't care about noise off of the balcony, I do care somewhat about distance to the main amenities. when we stayed on the Inn side we were 2nd to the last room above the ESPN club and I was not a huge fan of that - not a great view (we were facing away from the BW) and super long walk. When given the choice between walk and view I would choose a long walk for a great view difference, like the difference b/w a TPV and a GV, for example, but honestly I'm not sure when it would be just the difference in garden views. Some of those rooms in the second building up toward DHS look to be a looong walk from the lobby/gift shops/etc and I don't know how I would like that.

I also realize this is just a request and if I understand right it's less common to get requests for DVC resorts. I figured I could try, though, at the very least using touringplans request email.

We have a cash stay in a 1 BR villa coming up in April, and I'm wondering what people would recommend for room requests? Will this be a pool/garden view since it was booked with cash, or a true standard? I would love a village green view, but my understanding is that there are very few (like maybe 2) 1 BRs that have this view, so I'm debating if that would just be a wasted request. What would be some other nice views? A good view is pretty important to me, it really elevates my stay and opinion of a resort vs getting a substandard view. Using TPs the canal views look nice, I'm wondering if they might be nicer than views of the main pool. I guess it's very subjective, but can anyone tell me what they have liked as far as view?

For info, I don't care about noise off of the balcony, I do care somewhat about distance to the main amenities. when we stayed on the Inn side we were 2nd to the last room above the ESPN club and I was not a huge fan of that - not a great view (we were facing away from the BW) and super long walk. When given the choice between walk and view I would choose a long walk for a great view difference, like the difference b/w a TPV and a GV, for example, but honestly I'm not sure when it would be just the difference in garden views. Some of those rooms in the second building up toward DHS look to be a looong walk from the lobby/gift shops/etc and I don't know how I would like that.

I also realize this is just a request and if I understand right it's less common to get requests for DVC resorts. I figured I could try, though, at the very least using touringplans request email.
It will be a pool/garden view.

There are no 1BR p/g villas that face the village green. Those villas are all studios.

There is only one set of elevators on the villas side of the resort (note: there are no separate, second building, just long hallways). If you ask to be near the elevator, you will most likely be facing the feature pool if you get your request. An upper floor may give you a view of some higher fireworks at night. None of the BWV. villas have what you could refer to as a theme park view.

It will be a pool/garden view.

There are no 1BR p/g villas that face the village green. Those villas are all studios.

There is only one set of elevators on the villas side of the resort (note: there are no separate, second building, just long hallways). If you ask to be near the elevator, you will most likely be facing the feature pool if you get your request. An upper floor may give you a view of some higher fireworks at night. None of the BWV. villas have what you could refer to as a theme park view.
Thanks for the info! Touring plans has 2 1 BR villas facing the village green, but they could be incorrect.

I realize there is no TPV at the BW, I just used that as the most extreme difference between a great view and a more regular view, I guess I had the Poly or CR in my head when I was thinking of room views I would take a longer walk for just to get the view. Another example would be I would rather have a longer walk for a good savannah view than a shorter walk but face the resort entrance at AKL, or to keep it relevant a long walk with a BW view rather than a short walk with a random or bad view here :-) .

Anyway,maybe I'll just request close to elevators and high floor and see what happens. IDK, we probably won't be in the room all that much anyway and the important part was this was actually the only room we could get that put us walking distance to DHS and Epcot.

ETA Holy cow, it looks like if you had one of the last rooms up toward DHS you would have quite the hike to get to the main lobby. Yikes, I hope we don't end up there. On top of that, at least according to touringplans, some of those views are not that great also if you're facing the front of the resort.

Thanks for the info! Touring plans has 2 1 BR villas facing the village green, but they could be incorrect.

I realize there is no TPV at the BW, I just used that as the most extreme difference between a great view and a more regular view, I guess I had the Poly or CR in my head when I was thinking of room views I would take a longer walk for just to get the view. Another example would be I would rather have a longer walk for a good savannah view than a shorter walk but face the resort entrance at AKL, or to keep it relevant a long walk with a BW view rather than a short walk with a random or bad view here :-) .

Anyway,maybe I'll just request close to elevators and high floor and see what happens. IDK, we probably won't be in the room all that much anyway and the important part was this was actually the only room we could get that put us walking distance to DHS and Epcot.

ETA Holy cow, it looks like if you had one of the last rooms up toward DHS you would have quite the hike to get to the main lobby. Yikes, I hope we don't end up there. On top of that, at least according to touringplans, some of those views are not that great also if you're facing the front of the resort.
The 1BRs that face the Village Green are actually categorized as Boardwalk View for DVC owners.

Here’s a map of BWV and the locations of the different DVC booking categories. Credit to @Granny
9C6F7EDD-2868-41A2-97AF-C6C0041EB234.jpeg
All cash reservations are “preferred” views. As you can see it is a large booking category. The short red line adjacent to the blue line is the studios that face the Village Green. The villas closest to the middle of the central C will be the ones closest to the only elevators for the villas side of the resort. The villas that overlook the resort entrance are all standard views. You will not be given one of them.

The 1BRs that face the Village Green are actually categorized as Boardwalk View for DVC owners.

Here’s a map of BWV and the locations of the different DVC booking categories. Credit to @Granny
View attachment 478486
All cash reservations are “preferred” views. As you can see it is a large booking category. The short red line adjacent to the blue line is the studios that face the Village Green. The villas closest to the middle of the central C will be the ones closest to the only elevators for the villas side of the resort. The villas that overlook the resort entrance are all standard views. You will not be given one of them.
Thanks. That's a very helpful photo, since it actually shows the resort and surrounding area instead of just a map with rooms drawn but no direct indication of what's around them. As I said, touringplans has 2 of the 1 BR villas facing the village green categorized as what you list as preferred view with a reader explanation that it is due to a tree that pretty much blocks the view from 2 of the floors, and they also have 2 1 BR villas at the very end of the resort that face the parking lot across the canal categorized as your preferred view. However, I also realize that TP is not always correct, and in this case there is a decent chance that they aren't. I also realize that my chances of getting either of those views (one would be very good, one not so good) are very low, given they are 2 rooms each and there are many, many more other rooms. So instead of me trying to decide if I would rather have a canal view facing the S/D or face the main pool, I'll just go with close to elevators and high floor and see what happens. I always say we're not lazy and don't mind walking, lol, but there's just something annoying about walking down endless hallways. I even prefer the long walks outside to rooms at POR or CBR more than long halls (until it rains, of course :-) ).

Thanks. That's a very helpful photo, since it actually shows the resort and surrounding area instead of just a map with rooms drawn but no direct indication of what's around them. As I said, touringplans has 2 of the 1 BR villas facing the village green categorized as what you list as preferred view with a reader explanation that it is due to a tree that pretty much blocks the view from 2 of the floors, and they also have 2 1 BR villas at the very end of the resort that face the parking lot across the canal categorized as your preferred view. However, I also realize that TP is not always correct, and in this case there is a decent chance that they aren't. I also realize that my chances of getting either of those views (one would be very good, one not so good) are very low, given they are 2 rooms each and there are many, many more other rooms. So instead of me trying to decide if I would rather have a canal view facing the S/D or face the main pool, I'll just go with close to elevators and high floor and see what happens. I always say we're not lazy and don't mind walking, lol, but there's just something annoying about walking down endless hallways. I even prefer the long walks outside to rooms at POR or CBR more than long halls (until it rains, of course :-) ).
We have had P/G view villas overlooking the Luna Park pool, and it was very noisy in the afternoons especially when organized activities were going on. For that reason, for our next stay in a P/G villa we've requested a view of the quiet pool. If you request close to elevator and view of quiet pool, that might work too.

ETA Holy cow, it looks like if you had one of the last rooms up toward DHS you would have quite the hike to get to the main lobby.

The flip side of that location is that it saves time when walking to DHS. Also, at the corner of the building at that end is a walkway shortcut to the bus stop (circled in yellow). On most stays, we walk to the bus stop more often than we walk to the lobby, especially since the BWV lobby doesn't have restaurants.

BWV View Map highlight walkway to bus.jpg

The flip side of that location is that it saves time when walking to DHS. Also, at the corner of the building at that end is a walkway shortcut to the bus stop (circled in yellow). On most stays, we walk to the bus stop more often than we walk to the lobby, especially since the BWV lobby doesn't have restaurants.

View attachment 478583
This is a super helpful suggestion. Thanks!

Can anyone share recent Magical Express experience? I’m wondering if there are other stops before BW. We fly in to MCO at 8 pm and want to get our kids in bed as quickly as possible 😂 our last experience a few years ago was that it took forever.
We took the ME this past Sunday, March 1st and it stopped at BW first, then YC, then BC.

View attachment 478583
All very good points, and since we will be going to DHS 2 or 3 of the mornings we’re there that would be a positive. However, I’m a “lobby person”, which for this resort I guess makes me an along the Boardwalk person. I like to browse the gift shop multiple times, fill my refillable cup frequently, and just kind of be at the resort. I’ve never liked remote rooms for that reason, not just for the long walk. A long walk I can take, it’s the inconvenience that becomes spending less time out and about that I don’t like. But if we get a room there I’m sure I will like it when we head for DHS, that’s for sure. We won’t be using the busses much at all I hope, that’s why we’re staying here.

Hello from the (huge) deck of room 4281. I can see the yacht club and water from where I'm sitting and, through the tree, a peak at the village green. The location is quiet, but I,m close the elevators and the the lobby. I really like being this close to Epcot and the skyliner. Will spend some time at the feature pool today, and if it's as great as the rest of this place, the GF may have to step aside as my favorite! (although that grand lobby ...and the smell...oh, so lovely).

Hello from the (huge) deck of room 4281. I can see the yacht club and water from where I'm sitting and, through the tree, a peak at the village green. The location is quiet, but I,m close the elevators and the the lobby. I really like being this close to Epcot and the skyliner. Will spend some time at the feature pool today, and if it's as great as the rest of this place, the GF may have to step aside as my favorite! (although that grand lobby ...and the smell...oh, so lovely).

Hello back! From my dreary little work cubicle that - although I do have the rare window - looks out over a mini highway with a small dump in the background . . . so, yeah, you are winning the day LOL!

Enjoy your stay. Check back with a review!

Can anyone share recent Magical Express experience? I’m wondering if there are other stops before BW. We fly in to MCO at 8 pm and want to get our kids in bed as quickly as possible 😂 our last experience a few years ago was that it took forever.
2018 we landed at 10:10 AM on a Tuesday and we had our first pictures taken at 12 o'clock noon on the boardwalk property!!!
, so 2 hours if your lucky!!

I am booked on rented points for a studio in November. My parents just announced that they would like to join us for the weekend however I just tried with 3 different renting sites and there is no more availability.

What are my options now, if any? Will there possibly be openings once we reach the under 7 month mark or is the resort itself actually just sold out for the weekend? It’s Nov 20-22.

I am booked on rented points for a studio in November. My parents just announced that they would like to join us for the weekend however I just tried with 3 different renting sites and there is no more availability.

What are my options now, if any? Will there possibly be openings once we reach the under 7 month mark or is the resort itself actually just sold out for the weekend? It’s Nov 20-22.
If you were an owner you could put in a waitlist and hope, but I doubt that’s an option when renting. Fall is about the most popular time for DVC members, and BWV studios are among the most sought after rooms at that time, so I’m not surprised that BWV is booked up already. Sorry. Would your parents consider staying at a different resort? Another alternative at BWV would be a cash reservation through Disney. Cash inventory is completely separate from what’s available to DVC owners.

Last edited:

I agree with PP. If there are no BWV rooms available now, then once you get under the 7 month mark rooms would only become available if people had booked BWV because it was their home resort, they really wanted to stay somewhere else, and a room became available at that other location at 7 months.

I would think that might be the case if you had booked at SSR, for example. Some people buy at SSR planning to try to switch at 7 months. But I don't know that a lot of people book BWV for November when they really want to be somewhere else and are hoping to switch. Your dates may be during Epcot's Food and Wine Festival; people like to stay at BWV for that. People also will want to stay at BWV because of the ability to walk to DHS, where new things are happening now.

You might want to see if you can get a room at BoardWalk Inn for your parents. It's in the same building as BWV. I don't know what the discount situation is, but you can watch for them.

Another option would be the Swan for your parents. It might be close enough for your family. If you have no mobility issues, you could walk to/from there and take transportation with them to the parks.

Thanks for the replies! Going to try for a split stay. Or hopefully a discount at Swolphin, although then they wouldn’t be able to take Magical Express back with us.

Staying BW on a cash reservation is beyond our budget.

Ugh. I know they always say how fast rooms go when renting but dang they were available just last weekend!!

I doubt you will find anything close to the BWV for that weekend. It may be the last weekend of Food & Wine. If you find anything at all, it will probably be at SSR, OKW or AKV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter