Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

We booked a 1 bedroom villa for Disney Boardwalk room only reservation, not thru dvc. Couple of questions on room location. rooms accessible from the main lobby? What floor is that considered, 2? I know there are only one set of elevator for the villa side. Where would you recommend a good room, one time we had a room facing the main pool and it was way too loud, but I do not want to be too far away from the main lobby. Also is it like the main building where you had to take 2 sets of elevators to get to the ground floor on the villas side. I know on the regular side you would have to take a elevator to the 2nd floor and then transfer again to get to boardwalk we have children in strollers and that was somewhat of a pain. If you have a room location by the quiet pool on the dvc side can you just walk out somehow over there or do you have to walk all the way to the main lobby to access elevators. if that is the case with a ground floor room can you just walk out anywhere on the villa side. I'm just looking for ease of access with a stroller and not waiting or waking long hall ways to access a elevator.

Yes, lobby is on 2 at BWI. As is bus access. BWV side does not take 2 elevators to reach the 1st floor. 1 elevator services all floors.

BWI IS my new favorite Disney resort! My girls and I love the energy, the vibe, and all the dining choices. Walking to Epcot is awesome, and the availability of the Skyliner means no more waiting for a Friendship. Not that I'd every refuse a trip to the GF, but from now on BWI is my first choice.

We booked a 1 bedroom villa for Disney Boardwalk room only reservation, not thru dvc. Couple of questions on room location. rooms accessible from the main lobby? What floor is that considered, 2? I know there are only one set of elevator for the villa side. Where would you recommend a good room, one time we had a room facing the main pool and it was way too loud, but I do not want to be too far away from the main lobby. Also is it like the main building where you had to take 2 sets of elevators to get to the ground floor on the villas side. I know on the regular side you would have to take a elevator to the 2nd floor and then transfer again to get to boardwalk we have children in strollers and that was somewhat of a pain. If you have a room location by the quiet pool on the dvc side can you just walk out somehow over there or do you have to walk all the way to the main lobby to access elevators. if that is the case with a ground floor room can you just walk out anywhere on the villa side. I'm just looking for ease of access with a stroller and not waiting or waking long hall ways to access a elevator.
You'll probably have a water/garden view. You might ask for the leisure pool instead of Luna Park. There are doors to the outside at the ends of the corridors, but you won't be able to go to the pool directly from your villa. You'll need to go out the villa entrance door, walk down the hall to an outside exit.

Today is ADR booking day for us. We’re booked at BWI for September. I’m sitting here in the dark waiting to start our bookings. Usually I’m super excited, but this time, I’m shaking my head in disbelief that the world is in such uncertainty, fear, & chaos due to the coronavirus. I was never worried when SARS, mad cow, or the swine flu made the rounds, but this is different. Stores, movies, bars, gyms, closed and then Disney. I don’t know why but Disney closing was a real gut punch, like all the happiest & hope in the world closed with them. I know, too negative so early in the AM. Well at least we still have disboards and I’m going to keep planning for our trip. Guess we all have to stay positive cause it’ll pass and we’ll all be back to normal lives obsessing over Disney again soon. Right? 🙂
Oh almost forgot....Happy St. Patrick’s Day!🍀

Last edited:

Hello, Boardwalk Inn folks! We originally had a reservation in April at Yacht Club, but due to many things, in addition to CV issues, we've postponed our trip until Nov 4-11 at BWI. Looking forward to catching up with happenings here - it's been a few years since my last stay here, and really looking forward to it.

There will be two of us - both "mature" roller-coaster-loving ladies, possibly on scooters!

Hello, Boardwalk Inn folks! We originally had a reservation in April at Yacht Club, but due to many things, in addition to CV issues, we've postponed our trip until Nov 4-11 at BWI. Looking forward to catching up with happenings here - it's been a few years since my last stay here, and really looking forward to it.

There will be two of us - both "mature" roller-coaster-loving ladies, possibly on scooters!
If you do end up on scooters, and you are not to fussy about room location, I would try for the 2nd floor since you are on the Inn side. To get to the Boardwalk itself, you will need to take the elevator near the lounge on the second floor down to the first. If your room is not on the second floor, you will need to use the elevators (not the same as by the lounge) to get to the second floor, then go to the elevator by the lounge. I travel with family that use 2 scooters and that is what keeps me from staying here. Hope you have a great time.

Just a quick note to say that I just watched the Disney+ feature about how they get all the Holiday decorations up at WDW. Fabulous - if any of you are scheduled for your BWI trip this coming holiday season, I recommend it! Just what I needed, as another stay-at-home day begins . . .

Just a quick note to say that I just watched the Disney+ feature about how they get all the Holiday decorations up at WDW. Fabulous - if any of you are scheduled for your BWI trip this coming holiday season, I recommend it! Just what I needed, as another stay-at-home day begins . . .

I am curious, what was the name of the Disney+ program?

Also, DW and I made many wonderful early December visits to the BWI to enjoy the WDW holidays.

We have stayed at the BWI 3 times in the past 2 or so years. We first had a SV super far from the elevator. I learned and made a room request to be close to the elevator and we were magically upgraded to a water view - huge room comparatively and pretty close to the elevator. Third time requested close to an elevator and pretty much were.
We have a room for August/September at the BWV. Is it a LOT different? What are the differences that I should be aware of. Fell in love with BWI so I’m hoping BWV is about the same! (Refurb rooms that don’t look ‘Boardwalk-y’ doesn’t bother me)

Hello. We are new to Boardwalk Inn but have a reservation here for August 2020. We usually book Beach Club but were not able to get as good of a deal as we normally get there and Boardwalk Inn was a better deal (and with our poor Canadian dollar right now, I'd rather save a bit and try Boardwalk Inn). We are getting excited at trying something new. Now I have found that there is a bit better deal for the Boardwalk Inn Villas. Why can I get these for cheaper? Is there a downside to moving my reservation to the villa? We are two adults with two adult DD's (ages 18 and 21). TIA for any advice!
ETA it's a Deluxe Studio Standard View room in the villas

Hello. We are new to Boardwalk Inn but have a reservation here for August 2020. We usually book Beach Club but were not able to get as good of a deal as we normally get there and Boardwalk Inn was a better deal (and with our poor Canadian dollar right now, I'd rather save a bit and try Boardwalk Inn). We are getting excited at trying something new. Now I have found that there is a bit better deal for the Boardwalk Inn Villas. Why can I get these for cheaper? Is there a downside to moving my reservation to the villa? We are two adults with two adult DD's (ages 18 and 21). TIA for any advice!
If you are looking at a studio at the villas there will only be one real bed. The other sleeping surfaces are a sofa bed and small pull down bed (slightly smaller than a twin). The Inn side will have two real beds and a sofa bed. For four adults I would prefer the Inn sleeping set up.

Edited to add: I have actually stayed in the studio there with my husband, adult son, and teen daughter. It was fine for the three days we stayed but I have also stayed on the Inn side and would prefer that unless the savings was significant.

I am only 20 pages in, and enjoying this thread so much. Thanks for all the great information!
I just booked our first stay at BWI June 1-6. We were able to take advantage of the free dining offer since we rebooked a cancelled reservation due to the virus closing. Our trip was supposed to be with my son's marching band, but the silver lining is that we are now able to stay at BWI with free dining. Now I'm just really hoping that everything is back to normal (somewhat) by June 1st!
I am booked in a standard room, and I am thinking of requesting high floor and close to the elevators. Is there anything different or that anyone would suggest for room requests? I'd much appreciate any words of wisdom. Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter