Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Question. How far is the walk to the speedway from the hotel? Is this a good place to pick up snacks and alcohol????

Any word on Friendship Boats coming back? We usually end up just walking to HS and Epcot, but I love the ambience of the boat horns.

Nothing but silence so far, unfortunately.....

In rough numbers (and not including Swolphin just to keep the math simpler)....1,400 Friendship Boat resort and villa rooms are open / 940 rooms remain closed (60%/40%). It seems that with the Skyliner and the low guest count, Disney has deemed them to not be necessary/critical for now.

In rough numbers (and not including Swolphin just to keep the math simpler)....1,400 Friendship Boat resort and villa rooms are open / 940 rooms remain closed (60%/40%). It seems that with the Skyliner and the low guest count, Disney has deemed them to not be necessary/critical for now.

I think they need more real guest representation on the "what is necessary/critical" committee. Do they take applications? :)

I'm sure it's been asked, but anyone have any idea what the lobby scent is or where I can buy some of the fragrance?

Also I just got back from a 7 night stay in a 1 bedroom villa. If anyone has any questions about current events there I'd be happy to try and help.

Interesting that Swan and Dolphin are now using Mears busses to all 4 parks. So if/when the Friendship Boats return, will they skip Swan/Dolphin? Is it a sign that they will not be returning anytime soon?

Question. How far is the walk to the speedway from the hotel? Is this a good place to pick up snacks and alcohol????
My husband walks it to pick up snacks and things. It's an easy walk probably about 1/2 mile. The road can be busy so just keep your wits about you.

Interesting that Swan and Dolphin are now using Mears busses to all 4 parks. So if/when the Friendship Boats return, will they skip Swan/Dolphin? Is it a sign that they will not be returning anytime soon?

I wonder if the S/D had to pay Disney to use the WDW buses and friendship boats?

And if that is true, the S/D thought it was cheaper to pay MEARS.

Maybe it was money issues?

I also wonder if the MEARS buses will allow the use of their bus wheelchair lifts?

Last year, when leaving EPCOT back to PCR, there were MEARS buses with no lifts.
Fortunately, the cast members called for a regular WDW bus that all have ramps.

I guess that I could roll over to BWV both ways.

I do wish they would restart the friendship boats, too.

I wonder if the S/D had to pay Disney to use the WDW buses and friendship boats?

I also wonder if the MEARS buses will allow the use of their bus wheelchair lifts?

Last year, when leaving EPCOT back to PCR, there were MEARS buses with no lifts.

If the article I read is true it shouldn't be too much longer for the boats.

I just read that they were seen today on the lake “testing”!

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2020...gZzB28pTy0F-WAumSkspaPE8EHsEhQ5-Ad3rWUCKtpiqM

All the Crescent Lake resorts contribute to pay for the buses and Friendship boats - it's a line item in our DVC dues for BWV. The shares are calculated based on guest capacity at the various resorts, although it isn't exactly clear what the precise basis to determine each resort's contribution is (number of guests in a year, number of rooms/villas, etc.). In any case, I'm sure that the S/D had to contribute as well. Whether the buses to Epcot and DHS are just temporary until the boats are running again, or S/D won't be using the boats in future, and why, is of course just a matter for speculation.

Just booked a a 1 Bedroom Pool/Garden View for May 9-16th. A friend has points and he rents to us all the time - basically at the rate of the dues. So, hoping more things will be open by then. When looking at tickets online - it showed that I could buy PH tickets after March 31st. So hoping Park Hopping comes back by then - that is a main reason we love staying here.

DH and I will be back at BWV 11/22-11/25, this time in a boardwalk view studio!

We really enjoyed our standard view studio in September and wanted to try a boardwalk view next time so when those nights opened up, we snatched them up ASAP!

We actually don't fly home until 11/26 but our flight is at 9am (thanks Fronter 🙄) so we're going to stay at the MCO Hyatt the night before.

Here now. What a rainy day, but didn’t stop us from eating too much food at Epcot. Caused the Skyliner to stop several times. We have a std view studio on the 5th floor with a good view of the Skyliner. We took someone’s advice here about how to contact the resort to request a certain room. We wanted to be on the 1st or 2nd floor and ended up on the 5th floor. But we’re at WDW and that’s the important thing. It is sad with so many places closed though, no park hopping, and limited park hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter