Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

We're going to do online check in soon and I was wondering what I should request--Martinique or Trinidad North? (We're doing Preferred, mainly because that's all that was left when we booked.) We've never stayed at CBR before and with the construction going on, I figured I'd ask the most knowledgeable people--YOU! About us: we won't be using the buses, we like quiet at night, and we want to be close to the pool/food (which I think either of these would be). Any personal favorite? Thanks so much!

Also, does anyone have photos of what the dinner buffet looks like? I've seen breakfast, but not dinner. Also if anyone has photos of what they offer for lunch in the temporary space. Thanks!

If you are preferred, you will be in Trinidad North. Martinique has be reclassified as standard during the construction. There are a lot of links in the very first post that have pictures, reviews, menus, etc., of the current dining options.

Posted a few days ago

I just spoke with the reservations department today and both the agent and supervisor stated that projected completion of the construction was late June/ early July with the exception of the gondolas. Do you think they just have out dated information? Has it been confirmed that construction is delayed to December?
Posted a few days ago

@mickeystoontown I have received confirmation that they are behind schedule and now the new dining, shopping and pool bar will not be completed until some time in December.

Which of these is the most up to date? I want to book my vacation (august 16-21) this week and the Caribbean is our number one choice. Wee are concerned about the construction and if the new food court is not finished, we are staying somewhere else, and probably way more expensive.

I just spoke with the reservations department today and both the agent and supervisor stated that projected completion of the construction was late June/ early July with the exception of the gondolas. Do you think they just have out dated information?

Yes. If they have ANY information it's usually not correct.

Has it been confirmed that construction is delayed to December?

Depends on what construction. The new DVC resort tower and the gondola system has been scheduled to be completed by Spring 2019 from the get go. No delays as of yet. The Centertown construction was scheduled to be completed by June/July 2018 but has been pushed back to at least December 2018. So the food tent, food trucks, temporary pool bar and Island Markets are going to be there until at least December.

@mickeystoontown I have received confirmation that they are behind schedule and now the new dining, shopping and pool bar will not be completed until some time in December.

Which of these is the most up to date?

I posted that and tagged @mickeystoontown. Definitely at least December.

I want to book my vacation (august 16-21) this week and the Caribbean is our number one choice. We are concerned about the construction and if the new food court is not finished, we are staying somewhere else, and probably way more expensive.

Unfortunately, you will be staying somewhere else then.

Yes. If they have ANY information it's usually not correct.

Depends on what construction. The new DVC resort tower and the gondola system has been scheduled to be completed by Spring 2019 from the get go. No delays as of yet. The Centertown construction was scheduled to be completed by June/July 2018 but has been pushed back to at least December 2018. So the food tent, food trucks, temporary pool bar and Island Markets are going to be there until at least December.

I posted that and tagged @mickeystoontown. Definitely at least December.

Unfortunately, you will be staying somewhere else then.
Thank you. That is what I was afraid of. Might just have to go with Boardwalk. Since it's our first trip I really want to experience Disney at its best. Just thinking Caribbean would have been more fun for the kids.

Double digit dance :banana::banana:for our first stay at CBR. It's only 3 nights but I'm looking forward to it even with the construction.

It's been on our list since we first stayed at POFQ over 10 years ago but we always went back there. But then we had another DD and needed more space and discovered the BC and fell in love (our bank balance did not feel the same way lol).

As we couldn't get our full stay at BC we thought we would use this opprtunity to try out CBR. Youngest DD is hoping for a room with the pull down bed off the wall!!

We are just staying at the hotel using the pool as our park tickets dont start till BC so we'e hoping to have a good look around and get a feel for it and maybe stay again in the future.

Any tips/reccomendations greatly appreciated thanks. X

We stayed at CBR for 2 nights last week. We had the gift card deal which made it an awesome deal. We had requested Martinique building 23, ground floor and ended up in 2612. It was the very corner room, last one before the path past the construction to Centertown.
The location was awesome for convenience...just steps from the Old Port Royale bus stop, a very quick stroll to the pool and food area, and very close to the beach. It did have a Murphy bed as well.

We loved the resort...even with construction I thought it was gorgeous. Besides the walk to and from the pool (and the giant building across the lake lol) the construction look was quite minimal. It was an adults only trip but the kids would've loved the pool and island. The room was great as well. We didn't try the food...I could see how a resort day it could be inconvenient.
The only two negatives were...1) the smoke smell. I have heard this so many times about how rooms reek of smoke and I am convinced it is something else as I don't hear about this issue at any other resort. It was really strong in our room...we got used to it, but when we switched resorts after the 2nd night, every clothing item reeked like I was married to a chain smoker.
2) Construction noise...our door literally opened up to a construction wall. We use white noise and got up at 6 am the first morning so no issues, then came back and took a nap and had no issues. The second morning, the beeps of trucks backing up started at 6:30 am. We also had a lot of people walking past on the way to breakfast and then a leaf blower at like 7:30. We had gone to bed early so it was fine, and I still would've picked this room because it was so close to everything.
That being said, I would easily pick this resort again even during construction. It is huge and most rooms will have no noise at all. It is still gorgeous and we loved it!

So I have read a lot on the 429 previous pages ... and I think I've gotten myself psyched out! haha! Please explain the bell service / luggage transfer on the day you check out... I've read that you cannot take your luggage on the internal bus system to the custom house. I'm actually transfer to another Disney resort ... so do I use bell service and wait for them to pick up my luggage? Or should I walk to the Custom house with it ... Or call Uber and go directly to my new resort (AKL) with it? Sorry ... I'm just confused. haha. TIA!!!

So I have read a lot on the 429 previous pages ... and I think I've gotten myself psyched out! haha! Please explain the bell service / luggage transfer on the day you check out... I've read that you cannot take your luggage on the internal bus system to the custom house. I'm actually transfer to another Disney resort ... so do I use bell service and wait for them to pick up my luggage? Or should I walk to the Custom house with it ... Or call Uber and go directly to my new resort (AKL) with it? Sorry ... I'm just confused. haha. TIA!!!

We did this exact same split stay..i do not know the exact rule about the internal busses, but when we arrived at cbr we took our bags on the internal bus bc we were idiots and forgot to put the ME tags on. That was what check in directed us to do and the bus driver didn't say otherwise.

We chose to do Uber to our resort...it was like 9 bucks and our room was ready at 10 am so it was perfect for us. We had a resort day though so if you were trying to hurry to a park it may be different.

We did this exact same split stay..i do not know the exact rule about the internal busses, but when we arrived at cbr we took our bags on the internal bus bc we were idiots and forgot to put the ME tags on. That was what check in directed us to do and the bus driver didn't say otherwise.

We chose to do Uber to our resort...it was like 9 bucks and our room was ready at 10 am so it was perfect for us. We had a resort day though so if you were trying to hurry to a park it may be different.

Awesome! Thanks so much. I am in no hurry ... resort / pool day for me as well. Also so when you scheduled Uber, did the pick you up like in the parking lot? You didn't have to go to the Custom House right? Thanks!

Awesome! Thanks so much. I am in no hurry ... resort / pool day for me as well. Also so when you scheduled Uber, did the pick you up like in the parking lot? You didn't have to go to the Custom House right? Thanks!

They will pick you up at the circular drive of your building.

They picked us up on the road right next to the bus stop, which I am fairly sure isn't allowed and was awkward. We wanted to be picked up in the parking lot but the app kept directing us there and i don't use it enough to know how to switch it. Regardless, they will pick you up anywhere at the resort.

Hi all. Just booked a standard view room for april using the current fun and sun promotion. CB was the first onsite hotel DH and i ever stayed at, waaaay back in i think 1999. :) we are excited to be back.

If we're hoping not to be woken up by construction noise, what are the best buildings or areas to request? Is the tram construction on the trinidad side? I've read thru the first and last few pages of this thread and looked at the tram maps, but I'm finding it hard to get my bearings.

I know the construction is all over and you're never guaranteed quiet at disney anyway. :p. But if we could sleep in a morning or two, that would be lovely.

Hi all. Just booked a standard view room for april using the current fun and sun promotion. CB was the first onsite hotel DH and i ever stayed at, waaaay back in i think 1999. :) we are excited to be back.

If we're hoping not to be woken up by construction noise, what are the best buildings or areas to request? Is the tram construction on the trinidad side? I've read thru the first and last few pages of this thread and looked at the tram maps, but I'm finding it hard to get my bearings.

I know the construction is all over and you're never guaranteed quiet at disney anyway. :p. But if we could sleep in a morning or two, that would be lovely.

Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 are both great locations and far enough away from the gondola and tower construction for as much peace and quiet as can be expected.

@dansdad is so patient. :rolleyes1

I understand that nobody in their right mind wants to read 428 pages to find a few hints, but I’m not sure that much more attention can be drawn to page 1, short of, perhaps, a sticky link to page 1 at the top of each new page and/or @mickeystoontown editing page 1 so it says “Fer foos sake read this stuff before asking questions” in font 72 or higher for those that are hard of hearing. :teeth:

Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 are both great locations and far enough away from the gondola and tower construction for as much peace and quiet as can be expected.

Thank you for the info, dansdad. I appreciate it. I'll add those building numbers to my room request and keep my fingers crossed for at least a couple of quiet mornings. :)

The only two negatives were...1) the smoke smell. I have heard this so many times about how rooms reek of smoke and I am convinced it is something else as I don't hear about this issue at any other resort. It was really strong in our room...we got used to it, but when we switched resorts after the 2nd night, every clothing item reeked like I was married to a chain smoker.

I must have missed this concern, but this is MAJOR for me, as I have kids with asthma. Is it smoke from the construction zone, or smoke from people smoking cigarettes outside your door? Or just an unknown smoke smell?

We have changed our June reservation about 5 times. Started out with Yacht club, decided we'd rather spend our money on food. We have 3 girls who were creeped out by the POR alligator rooms (the only ones with the Murphy bed) so here we are at CBR. We even considered POP because our youngest is still 2 even though we aren't a fan of the Values. And we like the extra bed. And the kids love the pool at CBR. But my goodness I am so worried that it is going to be a disaster. And breathing smoke would be a definite no.

I must have missed this concern, but this is MAJOR for me, as I have kids with asthma. Is it smoke from the construction zone, or smoke from people smoking cigarettes outside your door? Or just an unknown smoke smell?

We have changed our June reservation about 5 times. Started out with Yacht club, decided we'd rather spend our money on food. We have 3 girls who were creeped out by the POR alligator rooms (the only ones with the Murphy bed) so here we are at CBR. We even considered POP because our youngest is still 2 even though we aren't a fan of the Values. And we like the extra bed. And the kids love the pool at CBR. But my goodness I am so worried that it is going to be a disaster. And breathing smoke would be a definite no.

I can’t speak for construction smoke, but I would imagine minimum risk of that.

CBR like other mods has outdoor smoking areas in many courtyards and other areas. You should request a room away from smoking areas and you request for room to be vip cleaned with asthma reason to support your request (Disney calls this deep cleaning a VIP clean).

Smoking isn’t permitted in the room so asking for a room away from these areas and a deep cleaned room should minimize your risk.

I wouldn't change resorts over it as I'm sure the vast majority of rooms don't have any smoke smell. It definitely was not construction workers, just an overall smell. Like I said, I don't think CBR has the corner on people who are willing to risk the cleaning fee to smoke in the rooms, but I have noticed several times on this forums and others that people have mentioned this. That is why I feel like maybe it is something else, as it seems odd for it to be so focused.
Regardless, I can't imagine it's common enough to stress over and if it were an issue, I'm sure you could request a room change. We really, really liked the resort overall and the Murphy bed is so cute!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter