Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Is there a phone number to call the desk to change room locations? Like if we got a room ready text before we arrived and we were not where we wanted. Has anyone done this? Called and ask for another room while still traveling to arrive?

Yes, we've done that. If I remember correctly the number was included in the text.

Is there a phone number to call the desk to change room locations? Like if we got a room ready text before we arrived and we were not where we wanted. Has anyone done this? Called and ask for another room while still traveling to arrive?

There's no number for the front desk (even if they say it is). All calls are answered in a call center. You could try to call but I would venture a guess you'll have better luck physically visiting the front desk when you arrive. Unless something's changed since last year (which of course is possible).

Just go to the front desk. Easy.

It’s much easier and convenient to call the phone number in the “your room is ready” text if you are trying to switch your room, especially if you get the room text early in the day and you don’t arrive til much later. :)

I'd still rather deal on-property face to face than with an off-property call center. Of course I also get that room requests are only requests and not guarantees, so I tend to take what I get and not whine that I didn't get the room I requested.

I'd still rather deal on-property face to face than with an off-property call center. Of course I also get that room requests are only requests and not guarantees, so I tend to take what I get and not whine that I didn't get the room I requested.
The point of calling is because time is of the essence when trying to switch rooms. That’s all. You can still line up at the front desk upon arrival if you wish.

I think most understand the difference between a request and a guarantee. Maybe you don’t mean it as such, but it really sounds like you disapprove of anyone who requests a switch. You may consider it whining, but not everyone does.

The point of calling is because time is of the essence when trying to switch rooms.
Definitely,and the number with the text is not a "general call center" number-it is specifically for room assignment questions.

And,with room prices what they are these days,we REALLY try to get a room we like(always with a non-complaining,thank you for trying,not expecting anything attitude)!lol

They always do their best to get us a great room and never act like it is an inconvenience-they know that happy Guests become repeat Guests! :)

Last edited:

The point of calling is because time is of the essence when trying to switch rooms. That’s all. You can still line up at the front desk upon arrival if you wish.

I think most understand the difference between a request and a guarantee. Maybe you don’t mean it as such, but it really sounds like you disapprove of anyone who requests a switch. You may consider it whining, but not everyone does.

But again, calling does not get you in contact with the resort itself but a call center.

If people want to ask, that is fine. (I have myself when I got "upgraded" to a Pirate Room - which I'm not opposed to but NOT on Marathon Weekend when I was doing Goofy and did not need to deal with the extra framing around a bed. But I asked in person and made it clear that if there was nothing available to downgrade me to or if it was too much trouble, I would deal. I did not go in and demand that I be downgraded.) But the majority of the time, it's the way that it is asked. Most of the time people want to switch their rooms it's "because it isn't what I requested" and is said in a whiny, complaining way. (This is from having worked in a hotel reservations/front desk area (not Disney) and having friends who have been in management positions at Disney resorts and deal with people who ARE whining about their room location/type. Are there some who are calm and fine about it? Sure. But there are many others who are not.) There are a lot people do not get that requests are just that and do get demanding on the phone or in person.

But again, calling does not get you in contact with the resort itself but a call center.
What difference does it make, if the end result is you get a room change in a timely fashion? :confused3

If people want to ask, that is fine. (I have myself when I got "upgraded" to a Pirate Room - which I'm not opposed to but NOT on Marathon Weekend when I was doing Goofy and did not need to deal with the extra framing around a bed. But I asked in person and made it clear that if there was nothing available to downgrade me to or if it was too much trouble, I would deal. I did not go in and demand that I be downgraded.) But the majority of the time, it's the way that it is asked. Most of the time people want to switch their rooms it's "because it isn't what I requested" and is said in a whiny, complaining way. (This is from having worked in a hotel reservations/front desk area (not Disney) and having friends who have been in management positions at Disney resorts and deal with people who ARE whining about their room location/type. Are there some who are calm and fine about it? Sure. But there are many others who are not.) There are a lot people do not get that requests are just that and do get demanding on the phone or in person.
It sounds like your feelings are coloured by some negative experiences in customer service. Understandable. But I think you need to put those past experiences with rude, demanding customers behind you. Don’t assume everyone who requests a room change at Disney is whining.

And I hope that if you are unhappy with your room assignment in the future for whatever reason, even if it’s in the room category you did book, you would request a room change. There is nothing wrong with that. :)

Not everyone is whining, but a lot are. If it gets bad enough, they will eliminate room requests and it will become "you get what you get and you don't get upset". Or at least stop sending out room ready texts until you are checked into Magical Express if flying and on Disney Property if driving.

And I hope that if you are unhappy with your room assignment in the future for whatever reason, even if it’s in the room category you did book, you would request a room change. There is nothing wrong with that. :)

Nope. I have gotten less than desirable rooms before that did not meet my requests and I dealt with it. Life is too short to worry about and spend time something as inconsequential as a room that is not the point of my vacation. It's a place to sleep. My trip was fine even being in a room that was the total opposite to what I had requested.

Not everyone is whining, but a lot are. If it gets bad enough, they will eliminate room requests and it will become "you get what you get and you don't get upset". Or at least stop sending out room ready texts until you are checked into Magical Express if flying and on Disney Property if driving.
I think that would be bad business on Disney’s part. I think that may create whiny people. Lol.
Nope. I have gotten less than desirable rooms before that did not meet my requests and I dealt with it. Life is too short to worry about and spend time something as inconsequential as a room that is not the point of my vacation. It's a place to sleep. My trip was fine even being in a room that was the total opposite to what I had requested.
Okay. But understand, not everyone feels that way. For many people, the resort and rooms are a huge part of a Disney vacation.

Definitely,and the number with the text is not a "general call center" number-it is specifically for room assignment questions.

And,with room prices what they are these days,we REALLY try to get a room we like(always with a non-complaining,thank you for trying,not expecting anything attitude)!lol

They always do their best to get us a great room and never act like it is an inconvenience-they know that happy Guests become repeat Guests! :)
Me too. If the room, or location is really awful I will request a change. We stay 2 weeks so location is important to me.
Can someone tell me if the drink stations in the individual villages have coffee too, or is it just the freestyle soda machine?
No coffee, just the drink station.

Yeah that’s what I usually do but thought it might save some time at standing at the front desk.
It will-we called from our home airport once and requested and received a room assignment change before even boarding the plane!lol

Saved a TON of time and allowed for a relaxing flight knowing a room we liked was waiting for us! :)

I think that would be bad business on Disney’s part.
Agree and will NEVER happen IMO.

Disney wants happy Guests for one and also there will always be a sizeable amount of Guests who really don't care where their room is or do not want to invest ANY time seeking a room change.

To Disney,it is and always will be just part of doing business.

It will-we called from our home airport once and requested and received a room assignment change before even boarding the plane!lol

Saved a TON of time and allowed for a relaxing flight knowing a room we liked was waiting for us! :)
What number did you call?

I think that would be bad business on Disney’s part. I think that may create whiny people. Lol.

They already have created whiny people. Plenty of threads here and on other forums with people complaining about not getting their requests.

They already have created whiny people. Plenty of threads here and on other forums with people complaining about not getting their requests.

There is a difference between expressing disappointment and being whiny about it. I see people expressing disappointment on the dis from time to time, but rarely see people whining about it. Maybe we’re just reading different threads. Or maybe what you read as whiny, I read as disappointed. I don’t know.

I do notice some people constantly reminding others that a request is just a request though. It comes across as a condescending, unnecessary lecture most of the time. And I will even admit to doing this on occasion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter