Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

What class of room should be reserved to be close to skyliner? I was looking at a King Bed room but I've never stayed at this resort so wasn't sure what area or class of room I should choose. I would assume the preferred rooms are closer to the main lobby? I would prefer to be as close to the skyliner as possible. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

What class of room should be reserved to be close to skyliner? I was looking at a King Bed room but I've never stayed at this resort so wasn't sure what area or class of room I should choose. I would assume the preferred rooms are closer to the main lobby? I would prefer to be as close to the skyliner as possible. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

To be close to either of the Skyliner Stations you'll want to be in Jamaica or Aruba. If you book a Standard View room you will only be in one of those two. Those 2 villages also have King and Water View rooms but Martinique and Barbados also have those room types along with Preferred. So with a King or Water View you'll have to request to be in Jamaica or Aruba. But being only a request, you could also be in Martinique or Barbados.

We booked a preferred room, the idea being to be close to the pool and food court. But proximity to the Skyliner is also a priority. Everyone here seems to say Jamaica or Aruba is best for proximity to the Skyline, but it seems like Barbados 32 (which has preferred rooms) is fairly close to the CBR Skyliner stop. Is that not the case? Is the map deceiving?

We booked a preferred room, the idea being to be close to the pool and food court. But proximity to the Skyliner is also a priority. Everyone here seems to say Jamaica or Aruba is best for proximity to the Skyline, but it seems like Barbados 32 (which has preferred rooms) is fairly close to the CBR Skyliner stop. Is that not the case? Is the map deceiving?

Barbados 32 is the closest building with Preferred View rooms to the CBR Station. However, Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 are both closer to the Main Feature pool and the CBR Station than Barbados 32.

Hi guys!
We just booked a last minute trip down due to $32 airfare BOS to MCO!

We will be staying 2 nights at CBR in a king room.

We will be heading to Epcot, MK and HS on our 3 park days.

Will the Skyliner get us to HS in time to get a RotR boarding pass? (Going bagless).

We also plan on taking an Uber or Lyft on our MK day to avoid the busses.

What should we request to be closest to the Skyliner? I haven't been to CBR since long before the Skyliner :)

Thanks, but I am struggling to see how Jamaica 45 is closer to the Skyliner than Barbardos 32 - map must really be off?

Thanks, but I am struggling to see how Jamaica 45 is closer to the Skyliner than Barbardos 32 - map must really be off?

It is two different room categories. Barbados is Preferred. Jamaica is Standard. If you book Standard, you cannot request Barbados and if you book Preferred you could not request Jamaica (well, in theory you could, but it would likely get tossed as that is not the category you booked).

Yes, yes, I understand this. But putting that aside, which is closer to the Skyliner? The map makes it seem that Barbados 32 is closer to the station than Jamaica 45. I am asking because I could inquire about downgrading or, as you note, can put in a request and see what happens.

Yes, yes, I understand this. But putting that aside, which is closer to the Skyliner? The map makes it seem that Barbados 32 is closer to the station than Jamaica 45. I am asking because I could inquire about downgrading or, as you note, can put in a request and see what happens.

I have not been there to measure. I don't worry about distance as you're still walking (granted I live in NYC and have not had a car for 14 years, so walking is not a big deal to me - I actually go batty when I visit my parents in TN because they have to drive everywhere). BUT from friends who have worked in resorts at Disney, requests for room types not booked are not even looked at beyond the initial reading and realization that the request doesn't match.

FWIW it looks about the same to me on the Touring Plans map

[ Mandi ♥, post: 61655409,What should we request to be closest to the Skyliner? I haven't been to CBR since long before the Skyliner :)
[/QUOTE]
It looks like Jamaica 41 is the closest to the CBR skyliner.

It must not be to scale because I've walked from both and Jamaica 45 was noticeably closer. I'd have to look at my notes when I get home but if memory serves, it was about 2 full minutes closer.

When I used Google Maps to judge the distances, it estimates that Jamaica 45 and Barbados 32 are each about .2 mile (4 minute walk) from the skyliner station.

I just switched our Pop reservation over to Caribbean Beach for Princess Weekend next February. No standards were left (yes, already!) and so I booked a water/pool view. Requested Jamaica 45 and looking at Touring Plans room finder, 4524 looks amazing!

Looks like we’ve got to have a 5th sleeper as that’s all that’s available. Does anyone know if the Murphy bed rooms listed on the first few pages are still correct?

booked a last minute trip to CBR (never stayed before) but I can't find an up-to-date map of room locations. The only one I found is from 2017.Can someone help? We booked a 5th sleeper water view room. I'm trying to decide if it's better to be closer to skyliner or closer to front of resort. Any suggestions?

thanks!!

Just upgraded to CBR for our August trip 🤞. Its a King bed room. We just stayed in a Pirates Room in February and loved it...….with the exception of the "bed". The two we had in the room were sooooo uncomfortable. Can anyone whose recently stayed in a King bed room provide some feedback on the bed 😁.

Thanks,

Doug :goofy:

Just upgraded to CBR for our August trip 🤞. Its a King bed room. We just stayed in a Pirates Room in February and loved it...….with the exception of the "bed". The two we had in the room were sooooo uncomfortable. Can anyone whose recently stayed in a King bed room provide some feedback on the bed 😁.

Thanks,

Doug :goofy:

Every King bed we've slept in at CBR has been very comfortable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!