Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Sorry you had to cancel. We have a trip booked for August and also live in NY. My husband wants to cancel but I'm waiting to see how things go. Both my kids have autoimmune thyroid and 1 has asthma. They both have a history of bronchitis and rsv when they were younger. I just need something positive and happy to hang on to.
I was where you are a few days ago. I think it took me learning about the permanent lung damage to make me realize that I couldn't risk it.

We are finding positivity and happiness in planning a new trip spring or summer 2021. We are going to make it better than the one we had planned for June.

Do you mean it wouldn’t let you book ay 4+ FP while you still had CL FP or it wouldn’t let you book a repeat that you already had with your CL FP?
It wouldn't let me do a 4th FP while I still had CL FP, of course knowing Disney IT I'm sure there are many glitches that can cause it to happen for some people and not others. I had heard on the boards that I could book a 4th FP once I used up my non-CL FP so I booked most of my non-CL FP for earlier in the day, then it wouldn't let me. Aside from one day all of my FP were done by 5pm though, and I could usually get more FP after that, but it wasn't during a really busy time so YMMV.

Thanks. That makes me nervous as I’d prolly use the CL FP in the later part of the day to park hop. It would make a big difference on how I plan my days knowing if I could or couldn’t...

It wouldn't let me do a 4th FP while I still had CL FP, of course knowing Disney IT I'm sure there are many glitches that can cause it to happen for some people and not others. I had heard on the boards that I could book a 4th FP once I used up my non-CL FP so I booked most of my non-CL FP for earlier in the day, then it wouldn't let me. Aside from one day all of my FP were done by 5pm though, and I could usually get more FP after that, but it wasn't during a really busy time so YMMV.
I suspect that your issue may have been due to not being able to overlap regular FPs and CLFP. For example, if you had regular FPs booked 9:30-10:30, 10:30 - 11:30 and 11:30 - 12:30 and CLFPs booked 1:00 - 2:00, 2:00-3:00, 3:00-4:00, you would not be able to see any FP options until after 4 pm.

I just posted this in the CL FP thread over in TPAS but I finally got an email back from DSS regarding our FP cancellation, not only did she take care of that but she also went ahead and cancelled the other reservations we still had associated with that trip that I hadn't gotten around to yet. Including the one for the Oasis patio at the Poly that I was frantic trying to find the confirmation number for. She said to expect refunds 7-10 business days. Really love DSS helping out with that and it makes me feel good about booking CL for next summer. At this point I think the only thing I have left to cancel is our spa appointment at GF.

That is sad. Can you bump it to start on June 1st? Though, not sure if you want to go the day they open since you won't know what will be open. It is definitely a waiting game.
I just couldn’t take a chance on our May 29th arrival trip. I changed our dates this morning to July 3rd-July 11th. Changed flights again, no problem and I also was able to get same dining reservations for the same times. I am so hoping the third times the charm saying comes to fruition. pixiedust:

I just couldn’t take a chance on our May 29th arrival trip. I changed our dates this morning to July 3rd-July 11th. Changed flights again, no problem and I also was able to get same dining reservations for the same times. I am so hoping the third times the charm saying comes to fruition. pixiedust:

We’ll cross our fingers for you!!! Hope you get to go! 🤞🏻🤞🏻

I am glad that you got to change it and were able to get the same dining reservations. I believe if not all then some of the park and resorts will be open by July.

I suspect that your issue may have been due to not being able to overlap regular FPs and CLFP. For example, if you had regular FPs booked 9:30-10:30, 10:30 - 11:30 and 11:30 - 12:30 and CLFPs booked 1:00 - 2:00, 2:00-3:00, 3:00-4:00, you would not be able to see any FP options until after 4 pm.
No, I remember specifically trying to book a SDD FP on one of the days, with 2 CL FP left ending around 5. The FP was for after the end time of my last CL FP time and when I clicked on it to book I got a message stating that members of my party still had FP so they couldn't choose another and would I like to remove them before booking (not exact wording, but that's the gist of what it said). I was on a solo trip so obviously it was just me. I tried booking it several times and it just wouldn't go even though it didn't overlap times. I ended up being able to snag that SDD FP while in line after using my last CL FP, it had rained so I'm guessing some people decided to just leave and dumped their FP (or I was just lucky). I tried it out the next day as well at Epcot, it still wouldn't let me so I gave up. It really wasn't a big deal anyway, with 6 FP my day felt pretty packed and I really didn't need that 4th regular FP after using up all 6. I actually got tired of waiting for my FP time at AK one day (regular FP, not CL...I wouldn't dump a paid one lol) and I dumped my FP and just got in the single ride line at EE. That was actually the same day that I had the issues trying to get the SDD FP in the evening.

Glad you were able to change dates and get the same dining reservations. Hopefully things are up and running by July :wizard:.

No, I remember specifically trying to book a SDD FP on one of the days, with 2 CL FP left ending around 5. The FP was for after the end time of my last CL FP time and when I clicked on it to book I got a message stating that members of my party still had FP so they couldn't choose another and would I like to remove them before booking (not exact wording, but that's the gist of what it said). I was on a solo trip so obviously it was just me. I tried booking it several times and it just wouldn't go even though it didn't overlap times. I ended up being able to snag that SDD FP while in line after using my last CL FP, it had rained so I'm guessing some people decided to just leave and dumped their FP (or I was just lucky). I tried it out the next day as well at Epcot, it still wouldn't let me so I gave up. It really wasn't a big deal anyway, with 6 FP my day felt pretty packed and I really didn't need that 4th regular FP after using up all 6. I actually got tired of waiting for my FP time at AK one day (regular FP, not CL...I wouldn't dump a paid one lol) and I dumped my FP and just got in the single ride line at EE. That was actually the same day that I had the issues trying to get the SDD FP in the evening.
Thanks for coming back and explaining it. I have to agree that it sounds like it wasn't an overlap issue and that it wouldn't let you make an FP until all 6 FPs (regular and CLFPs) were used. That is a bummer and I wonder if anyone else has had this issue? Were they all at the same park? Different parks?

Thanks for coming back and explaining it. I have to agree that it sounds like it wasn't an overlap issue and that it wouldn't let you make an FP until all 6 FPs (regular and CLFPs) were used. That is a bummer and I wonder if anyone else has had this issue? Were they all at the same park? Different parks?
That one day in particular I had them at AK and HS. I still think it might just be Disneys wonderful IT having issues, much like it did the morning before when I was trying to get a boarding group and my app wouldn't make the buttons active I needed to push to join a group (next morning, no problems). I always say with Disney IT that it never hurts to try to do something.

I hope everyone is staying well out there.

I'm not really a fan of rampant negative speculation and I sort of don't like contributing to it with this post, but I'm starting to worry that CL as we knew it may be in for some changes in the eventual post-COVID environment. We've seen the impacts over the years when Disney pulls back on budgets - it seems like CL won't be immune if it comes to it this time around. Salary cuts have been announced at the corporate level, many construction projects are on hold. DSS is closed now, does it need to exist? Can some CL staffing / offerings be reduced?

I know this is of little to no concern/consequence in light of the much larger healthcare and economic situation going on so it seems superficial to even bring up the topic. Just something that has been on my mind when I look at the overall WDW/theme park business landscape.

Hope I'm wrong.

I'm not really a fan of rampant negative speculation and I sort of don't like contributing to it with this post, but I'm starting to worry that CL as we knew it may be in for some changes in the eventual post-COVID environment. We've seen the impacts over the years when Disney pulls back on budgets - it seems like CL won't be immune if it comes to it this time around. Salary cuts have been announced at the corporate level, many construction projects are on hold. DSS is closed now, does it need to exist? Can some CL staffing / offerings be reduced?

I know this is of little to no concern/consequence in light of the much larger healthcare and economic situation going on so it seems superficial to even bring up the topic. Just something that has been on my mind when I look at the overall WDW/theme park business landscape.

Hope I'm wrong.
I have the same concerns. I’m afraid the offerings will not be anywhere near pre covid-19 and some of the amazing CMs will get cut. One would think with the average cost of a club level room ranging from $70-300 or more above a standard room category; the club level experience can maintain the same expectation. Time will tell for sure.

Hope I'm wrong.
Your comments are not superficial or as I like to say "first world problems." Focusing on something other than the crisis is actually a relief. I have friends whose family members are directly affected by Covid19 and that includes death. It isn't healthy to constantly dwell on the worst of it.

Sometimes it is therapeutic to talk about such things as how will CL be affected. I'm certainly bummed out that I didn't get to experience it before this all happened, and depending on the circumstances, I may not in the future. The Disboards are a good place to get our minds off the tragedy and fear and discuss things with people who love Disney like us.

I always appreciate your comments. I think you help make Disboards a fun and informative place to share ideas.

Your comments are not superficial or as I like to say "first world problems." Focusing on something other than the crisis is actually a relief. I have friends whose family members are directly affected by Covid19 and that includes death. It isn't healthy to constantly dwell on the worst of it.

Sometimes it is therapeutic to talk about such things as how will CL be affected. I'm certainly bummed out that I didn't get to experience it before this all happened, and depending on the circumstances, I may not in the future. The Disboards are a good place to get our minds off the tragedy and fear and discuss things with people who love Disney like us.

I always appreciate your comments. I think you help make Disboards a fun and informative place to share ideas.
I am so sorry this virus has touched your friends through sickness and death. I too enjoy posts that are not so focused on the gloom and doom. We as humans can only handle so much negativity and for me Disney helps me escape just that. After all Disney is the happiest place on earth.

My hope for everyone on this board is to stay healthy and hold on the dream of walking through the gate of Magic Kingdom, eating a Mickey bar, and riding “It‘s a small world”. :grouphug:

I agree completely! I actually have the virus, we believe I got it from a job interview at a hospital (came home with a job and a little extra I guess 😷), and it’s good to talk about stuff other than the virus. This Saturday will be 3 weeks from the onset of symptoms, and I’ve been in isolation in my home since then just trying to stay positive. I have a non-CL trip booked for July that I’m choosing to be positive about, and I have a CL trip booked for right before Christmas that I’m choosing to believe will be just as magical as it would have been. That being said, I didn’t book it for amazing amenities or anything, I did it as a place to escape the holiday crowds and get a light “free” snack so I’m not too concerned.
Currently trying to figure out when to rebook my May trip, because even if by some odd chance they do re-open I’m not keen to be there that soon. Planning is keeping my mind busy and happy, it’s all I have right now, and it’s working.

I agree completely! I actually have the virus, we believe I got it from a job interview at a hospital (came home with a job and a little extra I guess 😷), and it’s good to talk about stuff other than the virus. This Saturday will be 3 weeks from the onset of symptoms, and I’ve been in isolation in my home since then just trying to stay positive. I have a non-CL trip booked for July that I’m choosing to be positive about, and I have a CL trip booked for right before Christmas that I’m choosing to believe will be just as magical as it would have been. That being said, I didn’t book it for amazing amenities or anything, I did it as a place to escape the holiday crowds and get a light “free” snack so I’m not too concerned.
Currently trying to figure out when to rebook my May trip, because even if by some odd chance they do re-open I’m not keen to be there that soon. Planning is keeping my mind busy and happy, it’s all I have right now, and it’s working.

I’m sorry you’re going through this, but hope you are feeling better! :flower3:

Hope I'm wrong.

I agree with you completely. They will find all places to recoup their lost revenues. As others have said - DW discussions and planning is therapy. If we watched the news all the time we all would be scared and depressed.

It is very therapeutic! I too have my 80+ year old aunt and my best friend has had the active virus for over 2 weeks now. Last week was a bad week for my aunt but she is definitely on the mends - she is home - we just can't believe how long this virus lasts - even when you are not on a ventilator. The hardest part is not being able to help them.

I am so sorry this virus has touched your friends through sickness and death. I too enjoy posts that are not so focused on the gloom and doom. We as humans can only handle so much negativity and for me Disney helps me escape just that. After all Disney is the happiest place on earth.

My hope for everyone on this board is to stay healthy and hold on the dream of walking through the gate of Magic Kingdom, eating a Mickey bar, and riding “It‘s a small world”. :grouphug:

I agree with AMEN - It's a small world is my favorite ride - one year the kids printed all different pictures of the ride and posted them all over the house. We are putting them back up! :flower1:

I am sorry that you had the virus and glad that you are feeling better. Can I ask how long you had symptoms of the virus? My aunt and best friend started over 2 weeks ago and they still have symptoms and very weak - definitely better but still not over it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter