Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I'm pretty sure phone reservations are taken 365 days of the year. But if in doubt, you could call the recreation number in advance of Dec. 25 and ask for that info. I really can't imagine the phone reservation line having a day off for the holiday.

You are correct. They do not have any days off.

After 4 years away, we are "coming home" to WL CL February 21-27. Please add us to the guest list.

I will be doing my second PHM and will be traveling with my husband and DS who turns 12 while we are there. My parents and aunt arrive on 2/22 and also are staying Club Level through 2/27. I was contacted my DSS the morning after I made my reservation.

Since our last stay at WL, we have stayed at all of the Epcot Area resorts and stayed at the Contemporary last February. While I loved every one of those experiences, I'm ridiculously excited to be coming back to Wilderness Lodge. I researched our first stay there in 2012 so thoroughly with the help of the DISBoards and although our first stay was not CL, the rest of them have been thanks in large part to this thread.

I know there are some questions and concerns about a refurb at WL in the spring and lack of rooms during certain times. We have had these rooms booked for over a month now and have not been given any notice of any refurb taking place during our stay. If that changes, I will report back.

Hope you have a great trip and enjoy WL CL :wizard:.

Question. Does DSS reach out to everyone after booking? We have a split stay in June at two CL and haven't heard from anyone. Is there a time frame they normally make contact about their services?

I booked the beginning of Nov for an April trip and the following day I received a phone call from DSS, as well as a postcard a few days later. When I booked, I was within the 180 day time frame, but I do agree with GADisneyDad that there's really no consistency with who gets called/contacted and who doesn't. Some people have reported getting contacted right at 180 days or within 180 days, while others never hear from them no matter when they book. As others have said, you can always contact them if you need anything :).

Hey guys! I’m sure it’s been mentioned but my DH wanted me to ask if they provide water bottles at RPC. Trying to figure out how many cases to bring. Thank you!

1 DAY TO GO!!! :goodvibes

As of this summer, they had the (very) small Dasani water bottles in the RPC lounge. It was very convenient to grab one on our way out. We were at BC CL right before that stay and they did not provide bottles there.

Which club level lounge has the best food offerings? I’m thinking in terms of quality, variety, and quantity. Some lounges seem to have rather sparse offerings in reviews... TIA! :)

Grand Floridian RPC questions!

Main Building - Deluxe King Room description says it has just a king bed, BUT Disney would allow me to book the room for 4 (2 adults, 5 year old, 2 year old). Does the sofa turn into a bed? What I'm really asking: where would my kids sleep? And with two kids, would the bigger octagon room layout in this room category probably serve us better than the smaller rectangle room layout with the balcony/bigger tub?

Do the CL lounges accommodate gluten free food requests? There seems to be a lot of carb type offerings, wondering if they would provide gluten free versions.

Main Building - Deluxe King Room description says it has just a king bed, BUT Disney would allow me to book the room for 4 (2 adults, 5 year old, 2 year old). Does the sofa turn into a bed? What I'm really asking: where would my kids sleep? And with two kids, would the bigger octagon room layout in this room category probably serve us better than the smaller rectangle room layout with the balcony/bigger tub?
There are 2 configurations. The deluxe king on the 2nd floor looks just like a standard king room , it just has a larger soaker tub and theme park view. It has the small flip down twin bed like the other rooms have.

The other version is the turret style on floors 3/4/5. That one has a king bed and a sofa sleeper. That is the room they would have to give you if you had 4 . This room does not have a balcony. it does have a walk in closet and lots of space.

I have been in both styles I prefer the turret because it's so spacious.

The sofa turns into a bed but I can't imagine it would be very comfortable...its not very comfortable to sit on. The day beds in the other rooms are much more comfortable. Maybe a deluxe queen would be better for you..a larger room and two queen beds. You can't book the deluxe queens on line you have to call.

We have four going in the summer, and we had the travel agent call and book the Deluxe with 2 queen beds.

Question/opinions requested from the group.

I’m working on planning an adults only four night trip in Feb. It’s over the Princess Half weekend so room and discount availability property-wide is not in my favor (my fault for waiting late to book). Would prefer Epcot area 1) to try something new and 2) walkability to Epcot.

One option available at a very attractive AP discount is a BWI cottage room (“Outer Bldg - Garden Room - Club Level Access”). Over the years I’ve read the pros/cons about the BWI cottage rooms but have never really studied them in detail. BWI CL is on my bucket list but don’t really want to blow a weekend with a room location that has more negatives than positives.

Anyone care to share experiences, pros, cons, thoughts on the cottage rooms? Appreciate the help!

Another option available is a Standard Room-Club Level, but at the rack rate ($125 per night higher than the cottage room with an AP discount).

DSS never reached out to me, and I'm leaving for my trip in a week! But they were wonderful when I contacted them on my own.

Have a great trip! :yay:

1 DAY TO GO!!! :goodvibes

Have a great time! :cool1::cheer2::banana:

Which club level lounge has the best food offerings? I’m thinking in terms of quality, variety, and quantity. Some lounges seem to have rather sparse offerings in reviews... TIA! :)

That's kind of tough to answer as everyone's opinion/experience is different, but I find more positive reviews of BWI CL than any other. We've never stayed at BWI so I can't comment on it from experience, but from what I read about CL stays, BWI is one that seems to be pretty consistent as far as good reviews for quality, variety, etc. Hopefully others will give some input from actual experiences :flower3:.

Do the CL lounges accommodate gluten free food requests? There seems to be a lot of carb type offerings, wondering if they would provide gluten free versions.

I don't have first hand experience, but from reports of others, CLs can/do usually accommodate GF requests. Once you arrive, I think you can talk to the chef about options of what they can make/offer for your specific needs. With that said, hopefully others with GF experience will give some input :).

I’m working on planning an adults only four night trip in Feb. It’s over the Princess Half weekend so room and discount availability property-wide is not in my favor (my fault for waiting late to book). Would prefer Epcot area 1) to try something new and 2) walkability to Epcot.

One option available at a very attractive AP discount is a BWI cottage room (“Outer Bldg - Garden Room - Club Level Access”). Over the years I’ve read the pros/cons about the BWI cottage rooms but have never really studied them in detail. BWI CL is on my bucket list but don’t really want to blow a weekend with a room location that has more negatives than positives.

Anyone care to share experiences, pros, cons, thoughts on the cottage rooms? Appreciate the help!

Another option available is a Standard Room-Club Level, but at the rack rate ($125 per night higher than the cottage room with an AP discount).

I've never stayed in one of the cottages but I've wanted to - I think they're so cute. But I wasn't sure if you saw this thread - I haven't read through the entire thing but there seems like there's some recent info on the cottages! Adult only weekend sounds fun, either choice!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/boardwalk-cottage-suites-question.3648546/

Last edited:
Awesome, thank you, very timeline thread! I guess it would help if I used the search option! :-)

Ha! I had just been reading it because I've wanted to stay in one - and BW in general because I haven't yet! I do think it would also be super fun to stay in a BW room with the boardwalk view and sit with my coffee and watch the boardwalk wake up!

I want to stay in one because I am a nerd and think stairs in my room would be cool.

It would be nice to have an easy access to the quiet pool.

The gardens are so stinking adorable.

Since you don't have any mobility issues you could think of the long trek to the lounge as "date time", without the long waits you get at a bar lounge.

Our hospitality suite at cr was a similar type of thing. I didn't mind at all but my ds and dh were too lazy to make the walk. However we would all just head to the lounge just prior to park in the morning then head to park from there. Then dd and I would go there as soon as we got back , grab stuff then head to our room. (loaded up with stuff for guys too).

Same for evening we would all go to lounge at 5p then head for mono or bus after for night activiities. When return dd and I would get desserts for us all. Of course CR Atrium has great CM's and gave me bottles of wine to keep in room so at least I wasn't wandering glass in hand.

Last make sure dw has a nice large tote lol. Buy one if needed.

Pretty good recent blog post from Josh at EasyWDW about his recent stay at CR Atrium Club: https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/review-atrium-club-level-at-disneys-contemporary-resort/

It’s worth a read when you have a spare moment. Great pics as always. Also some interesting commentary towards the end. Offerings look pretty consistent with my prior CR CL stays.
That was a good review, lots of pictures. I was a little surprised by the complaints at the end as he seemed pretty positive in the beginning. CR seems to have ongoing management problems at club level.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!