Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I want the DSS mailer :( All the mail we get currently is college mailers for our hs sophmore o_O
I hope the CL fp continues through our trip in June as I decided I want to snag 3 days of it thanks to a raise at work...before colleges take it all in 2 years!!
Now that is some Disney Math!!!!!! I just want another CL trip before braces take all my money. :-)

Ok, so I'm not going crazy either! I noticed this a couple of days ago. It could be that there was very few rooms that actually classified as BW view. When you take out the suites and deluxes it only leaves 9 rooms in that category, so maybe they just decided to go back to 1 SV category?? Who knows!
If they go back to the old ways that would make me very happy, but Disney has been raking in the money with the high boardwalk view rates. I was told that they switched it due to all the problems with guests requesting boardwalk view rooms and not being happy with the garden view. I can recall one guest being very angry that they received a garden view room and were demanding a "lake view" one. Let's just say the guest was not using an inside voice to show their displeasure with the room they received!

So if y’all want to be depressed, here’s my discount tracker spreadsheet updated to include the AP rates that came out today (which are a measly 5% over the general public rate). I guess I picked a good year to start trying the Epcot resorts instead of Poly and CR! :teacher:

View attachment 302243

Happy planning all!

Do APs have discount at Copper Creek? If so is it usually the same as WL? Sorry I know this isn’t a CL question.

Do you any of you have feedback on BC CL versus AKL CL for a six night stay? We stayed at CR CL last summer and LOVED it. It is a bit far out of our price range now, but we can get these two for the same week in June and I am having a hard time deciding....thoughts? Oh, and it is my DH, kids (5&8), and me.

Staying at the YC Club Level in May and want one night out with my DD16 so will have a Kid's Nite Out babysitter for my DS10 so he isn't up too late. Can the KNO sitter take him to the lounge if he wants to grab an extra snack or a drink while we are gone?

My kids were 9 and 11, and we just let them stay in the room one night while we walked from the BWI to Epcot for dinner & drinks. They had had dinner by that time, though. Just saying, not sure how mature your 10 year old is, but most by that age don't need a sitter. The lounge in the evening, however, may not allow kids to enter alone.

Do you any of you have feedback on BC CL versus AKL CL for a six night stay? We stayed at CR CL last summer and LOVED it. It is a bit far out of our price range now, but we can get these two for the same week in June and I am having a hard time deciding....thoughts? Oh, and it is my DH, kids (5&8), and me.

I posted on the thread you started asking about these two CLs, so figured I'd give my opinion here as well. I can't comment on the CLs from experience as we haven't stayed CL at either, but we have stayed at both resorts and my choice would be AKL. We thought the BC was nice, but we prefer AKL as we weren't wow'd by SAB and the BC CS options are too limited for us. As far as the rooms, the CR rooms are quite a bit larger, but we found the difference between AKL and BC is be very minimal and didn't find there to be a huge noticeable difference. With all of that said, I am always reading great things about AKL CL and I find the lounge appealing as it overlooks the lobby. Hopefully others who have experienced one or both CLs will post their opinions/experiences. Good luck! :)

My kids were 9 and 11, and we just let them stay in the room one night while we walked from the BWI to Epcot for dinner & drinks. They had had dinner by that time, though. Just saying, not sure how mature your 10 year old is, but most by that age don't need a sitter. The lounge in the evening, however, may not allow kids to enter alone.

My DS10 is autistic and will absolutely need a sitter. His sister at the same age would have been okay but James needs someone with him. Hopefully, it won't be an issue of the sitter takes him to the lounge if he wants a snack before bed.

I'm sure it will be fine! And glad you can get a sitter! My kids have lots of other issues (oldest has ADHD and many others; youngest has Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and is transgender), so I get needing an adult to be there. I hope you enjoy the time alone! It's so precious!

The big question will be location vs amenities. We liked AKL CL way more than BC CL. But the convenience of BC being right next to Epcot and so close to HS should weigh into your decision.

We’ve stayed both, and enjoy both for different reasons.

AKL is our favorite resort. We just love the animals and relaxed atmosphere. We also really like Jiko and Boma. Everything is wonderful and peaceful.

What we miss, and why we haven’t stayed there in a long time except this past Christmas, is that we appreciate the walkability to other/parks. BC is just so easy and we pop into Epcot a lot. I also like BC CL food better (because I’m not adventurous) although I love AKL restaurants more than their CL offerings.

If I could plop AKL in the BC location it would be ideal.

Mine are tweens so we are now out and about much later in the evening. With your kids ages, we were head on AKL.

We like them both. AKL CL lends itself to a more relaxed stay for us. We spend more time at the resort on the balcony watching the animals. We like sampling foods we wouldn't typically order in a restaurant. We like talking to the CMs from places we probably won't travel to. Also, since the resort requires us to take the bus to a park, once we are back at the resort we tend to stay put.

BC CL was our first onsite stay and is still probably our favorite resort. We love being able to walk to the 2 parks, the feel of the resort and the pool. We have really enjoyed the food our last 2 stays there. We've had full balconies every trip and do enjoy sitting out and watching the fireworks at night.

For us, AKL CL is a shorter stay at the end of a trip and BC CL is where we want to start and settle in for most of the trip.

We booked CL CR for May 2018 (stayed CL CR in July 2016, and non CL CR May 2017). Contacted DSS on our 90 day mark for the extra FPs and Viewings. All went well and we booked CL and regular FBs for our stay. We're looking forward to the fun of the parks (especially with our 6 FBs) but mostly to the relaxation at CR. Sitting at the pool, while the waiter/bartender brings our drink and food order is the epitome of relaxation for us. We like the CL breakfast and drinks throughout our stay. We upgraded our TPV room to CL once I read about the extras. It's worth it to us.

Since we're on the topic ;), any thoughts on BC CL vs Poly CL? We love both resorts, and are pretty evenly fans of both MK and Epcot, so having a tough time deciding. This is for a summer trip, where we are hoping to spend some time at the resort. Poly is a bit more expensive $60-80 per night), if that sways anyone's opinion.

Also, does anyone know whether a CL stay automatically means you'll be eligible to purchase the upgraded FP et al? Thanks!

Since we're on the topic ;), any thoughts on BC CL vs Poly CL? We love both resorts, and are pretty evenly fans of both MK and Epcot, so having a tough time deciding. This is for a summer trip, where we are hoping to spend some time at the resort. Poly is a bit more expensive $60-80 per night), if that sways anyone's opinion.

Also, does anyone know whether a CL stay automatically means you'll be eligible to purchase the upgraded FP et al? Thanks!

How long a trip? Can you pull off a split? A bit of the best of both worlds?

And yes, with a CL stay you are eligible for the Extra FP trial program. It’s for all CL guests plus some other eligible rooms categories, such as the Poly Bungalows, WL Cabins, some suites at Swan/Dolphin, etc.

FWIW, I have never been to BC CL... but we stayed last May at AKL CL.. while it was great on so many levels- my pet peeve (minor) was that the AKL rooms were very small and didn't have a lot of storage for clothes for the 4 of us (with 2 kids 4 & 7). The room doens't have that extra day bed that some deluxe resorts have to spread out on. Also, depending on where you are placed- you could be quite far from the CL lounge. But, the atmosphere and view of the animals is priceless.

Either way- I dont think you can go wrong. But- if you are an unpacker- you may be a tad cramped.

How long a trip? Can you pull off a split? A bit of the best of both worlds?

And yes, with a CL stay you are eligible for the Extra FP trial program. It’s for all CL guests plus some other eligible rooms categories, such as the Poly Bungalows, WL Cabins, some suites at Swan/Dolphin, etc.

Thanks, GADisneyDad! I thought about trying for a split stay, but this is a short trip (4-5 nights- trying to sneak in a quick, more relaxing trip before school starts, in advance of our November park commando trip, to justify that AP purchase :)) and I wasn't sure if it was worthwhile to spend only 2 nights in one place and 2-3 in another.

Thanks, GADisneyDad! I thought about trying for a split stay, but this is a short trip (4-5 nights- trying to sneak in a quick, more relaxing trip before school starts, in advance of our November park commando trip, to justify that AP purchase :)) and I wasn't sure if it was worthwhile to spend only 2 nights in one place and 2-3 in another.
The thing I like about poly cl (or gf sl) is that it's easier to get food and drinks from the lounge if you want to sit on the beach or go to pool.

Even if you order food at the pool it's easy to send one person in to the lounge for beverages that are free vs buying at the pool.

Also at night watching fireworks or Ewp are extra perks from poly .

I have stayed at yc and bc and although the slide looks amazing it is a strange set up how far you have to go to get to it. Can the kids go themselves or will you need to keeep getting up to help them?

Each family has different priorities, hope this helps you decide.

Last edited:

Yeah, that’s too short to do a split for me. We sort of prefer to unpack/unwind more than jumping around. Possible, but just a lot of moving.

Hmmm... so... summer, relaxing, wanting to spend some time at the resort.... sounds like Poly to me. :-)

I love Poly for a more resort oriented trip because you can still get “Disney entertainment” with things like fireworks from the beach/lounge, the EWP, etc.

The quick walk to the TTC for the Epcot line from Poly is a “next best option” compared to an Epcot resort if you want some Epcot time.

Good luck deciding!

We booked CL CR for May 2018 (stayed CL CR in July 2016, and non CL CR May 2017). Contacted DSS on our 90 day mark for the extra FPs and Viewings. All went well and we booked CL and regular FBs for our stay. We're looking forward to the fun of the parks (especially with our 6 FBs) but mostly to the relaxation at CR. Sitting at the pool, while the waiter/bartender brings our drink and food order is the epitome of relaxation for us. We like the CL breakfast and drinks throughout our stay. We upgraded our TPV room to CL once I read about the extras. It's worth it to us.

Sounds like a great trip! Enjoy the rest of your planning. Hope you have another great CR CL stay :wizard:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter