Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

We booked CL CR for May 2018 (stayed CL CR in July 2016, and non CL CR May 2017). Contacted DSS on our 90 day mark for the extra FPs and Viewings. All went well and we booked CL and regular FBs for our stay. We're looking forward to the fun of the parks (especially with our 6 FBs) but mostly to the relaxation at CR. Sitting at the pool, while the waiter/bartender brings our drink and food order is the epitome of relaxation for us. We like the CL breakfast and drinks throughout our stay. We upgraded our TPV room to CL once I read about the extras. It's worth it to us.

I was wondering if you were able to get a TSMM Fastpass for May? I know they aren't available for April and trying to have a plan before I speak to DSS on the 26th (Can you tell I am counting down the days?)

We will be heading to WDW July 12th for a split stay. Our second half is Poly CL and I’m thinking about booking the CL extra FPs. Does anyone have any thoughts about whether toy story land FPs will be available for this at my 90 day mark which should be mid April? May not do it if not. Thanks!!

We will be heading to WDW July 12th for a split stay. Our second half is Poly CL and I’m thinking about booking the CL extra FPs. Does anyone have any thoughts about whether toy story land FPs will be available for this at my 90 day mark which should be mid April? May not do it if not. Thanks!!

Certainly seems like it should be. Probably an excellent time to utilize the extra FP program given how popular/crazy those TSL FPs are likely to be. The 90 day window for all six FPs and the ability to work around the tiers are both big benefits.

Certainly seems like it should be. Probably an excellent time to utilize the extra FP program given how popular/crazy those TSL FPs are likely to be. The 90 day window for all six FPs and the ability to work around the tiers are both big benefits.
Yeah I was kinda on the fence about it but if I can get 6 FPs at HS with the new rides I think I’ll go for it. I figured I would pick HS plus 2 other park days. I really don’t want the viewing area for anything other that HEA but I thought I could book the HEA spot for all 3 nights!

Just booked our 2019 trip! We are staying Club Level at the Poly. How does it compare to GF main building club level? We stayed this past December and love the food!!!

I can't compare the two as we haven't stayed Poly CL, but wanted to bump your post so it doesn't get buried. Having a trip booked for 2019 seems like a long ways off, but it will be here before you know it! Have fun planning :wizard:.

The thing I like about poly cl (or gf sl) is that it's easier to get food and drinks from the lounge if you want to sit on the beach or go to pool.

Even if you order food at the pool it's easy to send one person in to the lounge for beverages that are free vs buying at the pool.

Also at night watching fireworks or Ewp are extra perks from poly .

I have stayed at yc and bc and although the slide looks amazing it is a strange set up how far you have to go to get to it. Can the kids go themselves or will you need to keeep getting up to help them?

Each family has different priorities, hope this helps you decide.
Excellent points! There’s so much to experience while at the Poly, there’s no reason to leave. It’s a vacation within a vacation.

The convenience to get drinks/snacks from the lounge can’t be beat. Only hurdle is juggling the drinks and trying to open the pool gate with your magic band when it’s your turn to be the beer runner. :lmao:

Morning.
Staying cl at the Poly the last week in August. I think we will be taking advantage of the extra f passes.

Suggestions please!
We will do 4 days of parks. Originally we were going to skip HS, but since my daughter saw it on GMA yesterday I guess we should do TSL.

So you can only do extra fast passes on 3 days correct? Can you do 4 days of 6 f passes.
So which 3 parks do you think it would be beneficial for?

We are doing MK, Epcot, HS and Animal Kingdom.

Thanks for any help!

Morning.
Staying cl at the Poly the last week in August. I think we will be taking advantage of the extra f passes.

Suggestions please!
We will do 4 days of parks. Originally we were going to skip HS, but since my daughter saw it on GMA yesterday I guess we should do TSL.

So you can only do extra fast passes on 3 days correct? Can you do 4 days of 6 f passes.

Thanks for any help!

What I was told is that it is a minimum of 3 days for 3 extra fast passes in any park and any tier. I was also told that you could purchase extra days and you also receive reserved fireworks seating. As far as what parks will be the best, that is entirely up to your family. Oh, and you can't double fp for rides, so, for example I can't get two fp for fop in the same day. You also get fp selection 90 days from date of departure.

Excellent points! There’s so much to experience while at the Poly, there’s no reason to leave. It’s a vacation within a vacation.

The convenience to get drinks/snacks from the lounge can’t be beat. Only hurdle is juggling the drinks and trying to open the pool gate with your magic band when it’s your turn to be the beer runner. :lmao:
Yep , the balancing act indeed!

Love your avatar too!

Morning.

Suggestions please!

Thanks for any help!

If you haven’t seen this post, it covers a lot of info on the Extra FP Trial Program: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-and-questions.3414590/page-705#post-58727366

Yes, you can only book three Extra FPs per day (plus your three regular ones and any additional day-of FPs after you’ve used the first three regular ones).

You can do this for as many days as you want, it’s just a three day minimum.

The three days don’t need to be consecutive.

How you work in the Extra FPs is all personal preference based on your touring style / needs.

Hope that helps!

I always say a little “thank you” to the Imagineers for putting in the little “drink shelf” on the left at this Oasis Pool gate. :rotfl:

Oasis Pool Hours_May 2017.JPG

This may already be known but I wanted to share this info about the CL FPs.
I emailed DSS because we are doing a split stay BWI/Poly CL in July and I asked if we were allowed to book one of our extra CL FP days when we are in the non CL part of our trip. They said you can’t and it has to be within the CL stay.
I thought it was a long shot but I thought I would ask now so I could plan. I wanted to do the CL FPs at HS during the BWI part of our stay. Still looking forward to it just need to switch some things around!:woohoo:

Just booked our 2019 trip! We are staying Club Level at the Poly. How does it compare to GF main building club level? We stayed this past December and love the food!!!

In my humble opinion, both of those experiences are pretty different! :-)

As far as food, generally speaking, I find Poly CL a step down from GF CL, and most other CLs for that matter. They made some major improvements in 2017, but it’s just not their strongest attribute (which in my opinion would be lounge location, view, and vibe).

GF RPC feels more ‘refined’ to me, with the orchestra playing in the evenings and the overall vibe of the resort. The food is more upscale. Wine options more plentiful.

Poly is more casual, more laid back.

Obviously you have the physical differences - with RPC being in the main building itself..... Poly CL/Hawaii being detached from the main building. The Hawaii location is ideal for pool time as it’s just steps away from both pools.

Hope you have a great trip!

Starting to think about room requests for our upcoming Poly CL trip in April. We booked a garden view room. Is there a preferred room location most typically request? I'm thinking we would like a room with a balcony (so I know to avoid the 2nd floor) but we'd also like to be close to the lounge. Thoughts? Thanks in advance!!

Starting to think about room requests for our upcoming Poly CL trip in April. We booked a garden view room. Is there a preferred room location most typically request? I'm thinking we would like a room with a balcony (so I know to avoid the 2nd floor) but we'd also like to be close to the lounge. Thoughts? Thanks in advance!!

Your trip will be here before you know it. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

So Poly CL GV room requests.... well, you've figured out the one most people focus on... that being balcony (third floor) or patio (first floor).

I used to also make "close to the lounge" a request when staying at Poly, but I have stopped doing that lately. I do have a slight preference towards being more on the lounge side of the building just for a few less steps (we find we use the lounge a lot). But at the end of the day, the Hawaii longhouse isn't 'that' big, so even being all the way at the other end isn't 'that' big of a deal.

The only room I personally would rather NOT have is the bank of GV rooms closets to the lounge. Those rooms are ajacent to the elevator and your view is more towards the service entrance and Samoa.

FWIW, a big tree fell at the non-lounge end of the GV side (towards Tokelau) during Irma. In many ways, it improved the views from those rooms towards the Oasis Pool.

Long story short, if this were me I'd request third floor as first priority, first floor as second priority. Third floor tends to get the nod for me since you won't hear any noise above you (not that that's a big problem at Poly, but it can happen).

Curious to hear what others have to say as well. Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter