Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I cancelled our big anniversary RPC trip for next week. :sad: It is just way too much money to spend on such limited experiences, that and the fact we have travel restrictions and would have to quarantine for 2 weeks upon our return. I have RPC booked for October 2021, hoping for a return to normal by then. I have no idea why my font suddenly changed. :confused3

Hi Maxie :wave2:

I'm sorry your RPC trip isn't happening, but I feel the same way about going now. As much as I love Disney, I just can't bring myself to spend the money on half the experience. We are booked at the CR Oct 2021 and while I'm not all that excited at the moment for that trip, I hope things do change and are back to normal by then 🤞 .

Hi Maxie :wave2:

I'm sorry your RPC trip isn't happening, but I feel the same way about going now. As much as I love Disney, I just can't bring myself to spend the money on half the experience. We are booked at the CR Oct 2021 and while I'm not all that excited at the moment for that trip, I hope things do change and are back to normal by then 🤞 .

Hi mickeynut :wave2:

Thanks, I am disappointed, this is the 2nd trip we cancelled and will be cancelling December as well. :sad2: Hope it all works out for next year, hopefully we'll be able to meet up. I know a few others booked at the CR for next year so will most likely be making a trip or two over there. I couldn't talk DH into staying at the CR...oh well I'll book RPC instead. :D

Thanks, I am disappointed, this is the 2nd trip we cancelled and will be cancelling December as well. :sad2: Hope it all works out for next year, hopefully we'll be able to meet up. I know a few others booked at the CR for next year so will most likely be making a trip or two over there. I couldn't talk DH into staying at the CR...oh well I'll book RPC instead. :D
You can visit me at CR if I can visit you at GF? I have Tower CL booked :)

Our friend in Atrium. We can hit em all lol.

We pretty much don’t know anything other than:

1) Disney has had the following note on their reopening website since June: Club-level service is temporarily unavailable

2) CL rooms are not bookable at the moment.

Anything other than that is up for speculation/debate. :-)

Of course with Poly, the resort reopens “summer 2021.” I certainly hope it reopens with CL available, but my crystal ball is broken this year. 🤣
Thank you for the info. I guess I was able to get my reservation before they made them unavailable.

well, got the call about our YC CL stay at Thanksgiving. we have a water view, wheelchair access roll in shower booked.

Was told by the CM that we could continue with our reservation at the same price without CL or move to a standard room. specifically asked about staying in the same room but with a reduced price because of no CL and was told no. Seriously, Disney, I know you're hurting but the price includes the CL and without should be cheaper. 😥😥😡😥😥

I know an equivalent room is running around $600+ rack rate, my room was booked at $850+ back in Dec. Can't believe they would not offer a lower rate because there are no CL amenities.

Luckily, I booked an AP rate on the same type of room so $420 sounds good to me, as I can't change it now as we are bookended by Fort stays.

Very disappointed but will still have a great time.

I was really impressed with CR CL when I had my first stay there last Dec, but I think RPC is a great alternative. I hope it works out for next year too, it would be great if we are able to meet up as I think there are quite a few Dis-ers booked for the 50th :goodvibes.

well, got the call about our YC CL stay at Thanksgiving. we have a water view, wheelchair access roll in shower booked.

Was told by the CM that we could continue with our reservation at the same price without CL or move to a standard room. specifically asked about staying in the same room but with a reduced price because of no CL and was told no. Seriously, Disney, I know you're hurting but the price includes the CL and without should be cheaper. 😥😥😡😥😥

I know an equivalent room is running around $600+ rack rate, my room was booked at $850+ back in Dec. Can't believe they would not offer a lower rate because there are no CL amenities.

Luckily, I booked an AP rate on the same type of room so $420 sounds good to me, as I can't change it now as we are bookended by Fort stays.

I can't believe Disney would give you the option of staying in a CL room, but still charge the CL rate without CL amenities :sad2: .

I can't believe Disney would give you the option of staying in a CL room, but still charge the CL rate without CL amenities :sad2: .

kind of boggled my mind that they wouldn't leave us where we were on the fifth floor but lower the rate to whatever the same room was on a lower floor. Don't see how they can justify doing that but it's Disney, i'm sorry to say.

i was expecting to stay in the same room and pay the lower rate since i don't think there are very many wheelchair accessible rooms per resort.

Have June 2021 booked for the same room, wonder how that will work. Time will tell.

kind of boggled my mind that they wouldn't leave us where we were on the fifth floor but lower the rate to whatever the same room was on a lower floor. Don't see how they can justify doing that but it's Disney, i'm sorry to say.

i was expecting to stay in the same room and pay the lower rate since i don't think there are very many wheelchair accessible rooms per resort.

Have June 2021 booked for the same room, wonder how that will work. Time will tell.

Mind boggling for sure! Seems a lot less hassle to just lower the rate and keep you in the same room than to change it altogether, but like you said, it's Disney :rolleyes1 .

It will definitely be interesting to see what happens for 2021. I hope things work out for your June trip :wizard:.

That is complete idiocy charging CL prices for rooms on that level. Complete. Idiocy. Although a lot about how they’ve handled CL reservations during this situation has reflected that.

Geez, you know some poor suckers are gonna keep the CL pricing thinking they’re getting “better“ rooms 😡

Wonder if this is part of their initiate to book club level suites without CL- gonna be at same price? And heck, if people will buy suites why not normal CL rooms?!

🤦🏻‍♀️

Was told by the CM that we could continue with our reservation at the same price without CL or move to a standard room. specifically asked about staying in the same room but with a reduced price because of no CL and was told no.
Most likely a poorly informed phone CM called you. There have been several reports here on DIS with guests getting a price adjustment at the resort. And in the case of CL DVC at AKL Jambo House, members received points back for the points difference.

Dave

That is complete idiocy charging CL prices for rooms on that level. Complete. Idiocy. Although a lot about how they’ve handled CL reservations during this situation has reflected that.

Geez, you know some poor suckers are gonna keep the CL pricing thinking they’re getting “better“ rooms 😡

Wonder if this is part of their initiate to book club level suites without CL- gonna be at same price? And heck, if people will buy suites why not normal CL rooms?!

🤦🏻‍♀️
i did some math and my figures were way off. the water view CL wheelchair room runs $1089 with taxes that week. i just priced a water view accessible room for that same week and it's $789 with taxes a night. almost $2400 more for "CL".

crazy, i'm going to call tomorrow and make sure I heard right. Luckily I booked a water view wheelchair non CL AP rate which will save me $5400. Crazy prices for CL, even crazier without. What are they thinking? wonder if this is the beginning of the end of CL 😥😥😥

Most likely a poorly informed phone CM called you. There have been several reports here on DIS with guests getting a price adjustment at the resort. And in the case of CL DVC at AKL Jambo House, members received points back for the points difference.

Dave
I hope so. calling tomorrow to clarify before I pull the plug. we'll cancel that reservation anyway and go with my AP rate one, plus according to the website there are no more of our room types left, so wonder where that leaves us 😥😥😥

I hope so. calling tomorrow to clarify before I pull the plug. we'll cancel that reservation anyway and go with my AP rate one, plus according to the website there are no more of our room types left, so wonder where that leaves us 😥😥😥
it's tomorrow.

Well, here's an interesting twist. Called today to clarify what I was told and was told things are in the works, maybe possibly, soon, so just wait a few more 'days/weeks' and see what happens. she was a bit more specific but I don't want to start a rumor.

and so the waiting game starts anew. i'll keep you posted 😁

it's tomorrow.

Well, here's an interesting twist. Called today to clarify what I was told and was told things are in the works, maybe possibly, soon, so just wait a few more 'days/weeks' and see what happens. she was a bit more specific but I don't want to start a rumor.

I will be looking forward to hearing more about this! Thanks for keeping us posted!

it's tomorrow.

You would be no fun on the rumor board 🤣

And this is indeed an interesting twist... Could we be looking at “CL-Lite” on the horizon?...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter