Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Anyone staying at the Contemporary now hearing anything about Brunch being discontinued? It’s been removed as a booking option and isn’t available this week or out into December. I sure hope this is just a glitch!

Anyone staying at the Contemporary now hearing anything about Brunch being discontinued? It’s been removed as a booking option and isn’t available this week or out into December. I sure hope this is just a glitch!
Same here. I don’t see if for November 25. When ADRs opened up for me, there wasn’t any available but I assumed it was just booked up. But now it doesn’t even show as an option.

We just got home from our first stay at BLT (or the Contemporary). We have stayed at GF and WL...but Beach Club has always been our favorite. I wasn't sure what to expect from BLT, but we LOVED it. The more modern atmosphere was perfect for our 19 and 13 year old, but still had tons of Disney Magic with being so close to Space Mountain and Cinderella's Castle. One of the main reasons we love BC is being able to walk to Epcot....we can say the same for BLT...The 10 minute walk to MK was wonderful. Thank you for all the advice on this thread. We had a magical vacation and would definitely love to go back to BLT (the two bathrooms in the one bedroom was wonderful too)!!

We also just got home from our first (short) two night stay at BLT and it has my husband pushing to buy points there now. We'll probably always consider the Poly home but we did really enjoy our two nights at BLT. Sitting out on the balcony that close to all the action was amazing and the short walk into MK was a lot nicer than I expected it to be.

BLT question, sorry if I sound daft.

Are linens provided for the sofa bed and chair bed in a two-bedroom? Just want to make sure. :thumbsup2

We just got home from our first stay at BLT (or the Contemporary). We have stayed at GF and WL...but Beach Club has always been our favorite. I wasn't sure what to expect from BLT, but we LOVED it. The more modern atmosphere was perfect for our 19 and 13 year old, but still had tons of Disney Magic with being so close to Space Mountain and Cinderella's Castle. One of the main reasons we love BC is being able to walk to Epcot....we can say the same for BLT...The 10 minute walk to MK was wonderful. Thank you for all the advice on this thread. We had a magical vacation and would definitely love to go back to BLT (the two bathrooms in the one bedroom was wonderful too)!!

We also just got home from our first (short) two night stay at BLT and it has my husband pushing to buy points there now. We'll probably always consider the Poly home but we did really enjoy our two nights at BLT. Sitting out on the balcony that close to all the action was amazing and the short walk into MK was a lot nicer than I expected it to be.

Yes! This is why DH and I bought BLT...a short walk to MK and an easy monorail ride to and from Epcot (an important factor during wine and food when maybe just an extra couple of drinks have happened):rolleyes1 when we looked into buying at Disney we had been spoiled for years at our marriott timeshare on Kauai that had two full baths in a one bedroom so again a BIG selling point for BLT.

Last edited:
BLT question, sorry if I sound daft.

Are linens provided for the sofa bed and chair bed in a two-bedroom? Just want to make sure. :thumbsup2
Yes. I have stayed in both the 1 and 2 bedrooms. The sheets are on the beds when you unfold them. Then the pillow and blankets are in the entryway closet.

I always hit my housekeeping button on the phone and ask for extra blankets, they send them up fast. (I do at every resort WDW)

I'm staying at Contemporary after AKL, and I'm not super excited about it... any Contemporary hype people out there? Get me excited for this stay!! :cheer2:

Hi! I'm staying in a standard view studio at BLT next month for the first time ever at this resort! Does anyone have any specific room requests they like to ask for? Also where would be the best place for us to watch fireworks as we are renting DVC points and will not have access to the lounge to watch there. :( Appreciate any insight!

Robin

I'm staying at Contemporary after AKL, and I'm not super excited about it... any Contemporary hype people out there? Get me excited for this stay!! :cheer2:

I don't know where you're staying, but I'll be staying in the main tower. I'm so freaking excited. I just want to walk out of my room and see the monorail running through the building and the Mary Blair mural. Then being able to WALK to Magic Kingdom and take the monorail to Epcot? One night I'll be having dinner at the California Grill and enjoying the fireworks from their viewing area. To me, it's all classic Disney World. It doesn't transport you elsewhere like some of the other resorts do. It will instead feel like exactly where it is, which is my favorite place on Earth.

Last edited:
I think you will enjoy both resorts for far different reasons. A couple of assumptions on my part: 1: you have a savanna view at AKL. Animals are amazing. 2: you are in the main tower at CR.

CR is one of if not my favorite resort on property. It's nostalgic, walkability to MK, on the Monorail loop, and frankly they have some great dining options as well. The rooms are really well done and at the end of the night you can hang out on your balcony and enjoy whichever view you have. I think you will be hooked after this trip.

Hi! I'm staying in a standard view studio at BLT next month for the first time ever at this resort! Does anyone have any specific room requests they like to ask for? Also where would be the best place for us to watch fireworks as we are renting DVC points and will not have access to the lounge to watch there. :( Appreciate any insight!

Robin

Standard view is pretty low in the building so I'm not even sure I would request a side? Maybe not facing the pool would be good. I've heard some people like watching the fireworks on the walkway between BLT and Contemporary. I'd probably ride over to the Polynesian and watch on the beach there if you're willing to travel a little bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter