Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Hi! I'm staying in a standard view studio at BLT next month for the first time ever at this resort! Does anyone have any specific room requests they like to ask for? Also where would be the best place for us to watch fireworks as we are renting DVC points and will not have access to the lounge to watch there. :( Appreciate any insight!

Robin
The Contemporary Resort has an observation deck on the 4th floor, which you will see once you exit the elevated walk from BLT to the CR. I think they play the fireworks music out there, too, but don't quote me on that.

Is everything OK here right now? I’m here staying eighth floor Baylake tower and I head up to my door just a moment ago and a police officer was walking by. :scared: Hopefully that is just routine. We haven’t been here at this time because we’ve been in the parks.

Hi! I'm staying in a standard view studio at BLT next month for the first time ever at this resort! Does anyone have any specific room requests they like to ask for? Also where would be the best place for us to watch fireworks as we are renting DVC points and will not have access to the lounge to watch there. :( Appreciate any insight!

Robin
The other poster had good ideas for fireworks .

There is the 4rh floor patio at CR.

Each floor of blt , near the elevators has seating with huge windows. If you don't mind you can't hear it too well the view is great. You can watch from any floor too.

Poly is nice but then you have to get back. Sticking close to home is a nice option. Besides CR/blt area has an awesome view!

I don't know where you're staying, but I'll be staying in the main tower. I'm so freaking excited. I just want to walk out of my room and see the monorail running through the building and the Mary Blair mural. Then being able to WALK to Magic Kingdom and take the monorail to Epcot? One night I'll be having dinner at the California Grill and enjoying the fireworks from their viewing area. To me, it's all classic Disney World. It doesn't transport your elsewhere like some of the other resorts do. It will instead feel like exactly where it is, which is my favorite place on Earth.

I do have California Grill brunch booked on the day we check in, which I'm definitely excited for. And I do love walking to MK. Plus being on the monorail and in close proximity to the other resorts is really nice.

I think you will enjoy both resorts for far different reasons. A couple of assumptions on my part: 1: you have a savanna view at AKL. Animals are amazing. 2: you are in the main tower at CR.

CR is one of if not my favorite resort on property. It's nostalgic, walkability to MK, on the Monorail loop, and frankly they have some great dining options as well. The rooms are really well done and at the end of the night you can hang out on your balcony and enjoy whichever view you have. I think you will be hooked after this trip.

Both assumptions are wrong :rotfl:

We have pool view booked at AKL, but who knows, maybe we'll get some magic! Either way, it's my favorite resort, so it's a tough act to follow. We booked Bay Lake view in the main tower with a conference rate, and then for some reason it switched to Standard View Garden Wing, so that probably plays into why I'm not excited. The main tower just seems so much more exciting... gonna try to show them the email we have with the right category and see if they can honor it, but I won't get my hopes up.

We've stayed before way back in 2008 (garden wing as well) and I do remember the rooms being nice and spacious. Walking to MK is a great advantage, and I've heard really good things about Contempo Cafe. I'm sure I'll really end up loving it!

We booked Bay Lake view in the main tower with a conference rate, and then for some reason it switched to Standard View Garden Wing, so that probably plays into why I'm not excited. The main tower just seems so much more exciting... gonna try to show them the email we have with the right category and see if they can honor it, but I won't get my hopes up.
If you reserved a Bay Lake Tower room at any rate and it was confirmed in the Disney central reservation system (CRS) then you should try to get it resolved as soon as possible. Please don't just wait until you get to the Front Desk to see what can be done to fix the issue. When conferences are being held there is often no flexibility (available rooms) left in inventory.

Did you book directly with Disney Group Sales or use the conference accommodations agency? Just contact the appropriate entity and attempt to get it resolved now. It could be a quick simple fix now but not possible once you wait until your arrival date or after the Conference room block is released back into inventory.

Note: The main tower can be exciting but it can also be quite loud with very slow crowded elevators. The Garden wing has the exact same rooms and is much quieter and less crowded. Some of the Standard View Garden wing rooms have great views of the Monorails.

Dave

If you reserved a Bay Lake Tower room at any rate and it was confirmed in the Disney central reservation system (CRS) then you should try to get it resolved as soon as possible. Please don't just wait until you get to the Front Desk to see what can be done to fix the issue. When conferences are being held there is often no flexibility (available rooms) left in inventory.

Did you book directly with Disney Group Sales or use the conference accommodations agency? Just contact the appropriate entity and attempt to get it resolved now. It could be a quick simple fix now but not possible once you wait until your arrival date or after the Conference room block is released back into inventory.

Note: The main tower can be exciting but it can also be quite loud with very slow crowded elevators. The Garden wing has the exact same rooms and is much quieter and less crowded. Some of the Standard View Garden wing rooms have great views of the Monorails.

Dave

Well, I don’t have much control. It’s my Dad’s reservation. He did try calling but they said they never had that room available - though it was confirmed in Disney’s reservations - I was even able to view it.

Need some advice.....

We're staying at Bay Lake Tower on our next trip. It's me, the wifey, and our daughters who will be almost 3 and 6.

The price of a 1 bedroom villa w/ a MK view, and a 2 bedroom villa with a standard view - are the exact same. Literally within about $10 of each other total.

So, what would you do? Get the 2 bedroom and extra space so the girls can have their own room, or do the 1 bedroom and have the MK view for fireworks?

Something to take into account is that my wife isn't exactly a "Disney person" the crowds and noise levels give her anxiety. She loves me dearly, so she bears with it, and overall has an ok time on these trips, but it's mostly for me and the kids. In other words, she wouldn't plan any of these trips, or try to go without me and the girls pushing for it. So, having that extra space for her to do yoga, or just take a break away from all the energy that is Disney World may also be a bonus for a 2 bedroom.

Any advice is welcome, especially from those of you w/ young kids that have stayed at BLT, or with spouses that aren't nearly as big of Disney fans as you are.

Thanks!

Need some advice.....

We're staying at Bay Lake Tower on our next trip. It's me, the wifey, and our daughters who will be almost 3 and 6.

The price of a 1 bedroom villa w/ a MK view, and a 2 bedroom villa with a standard view - are the exact same. Literally within about $10 of each other total.

So, what would you do? Get the 2 bedroom and extra space so the girls can have their own room, or do the 1 bedroom and have the MK view for fireworks?

Something to take into account is that my wife isn't exactly a "Disney person" the crowds and noise levels give her anxiety. She loves me dearly, so she bears with it, and overall has an ok time on these trips, but it's mostly for me and the kids. In other words, she wouldn't plan any of these trips, or try to go without me and the girls pushing for it. So, having that extra space for her to do yoga, or just take a break away from all the energy that is Disney World may also be a bonus for a 2 bedroom.

Any advice is welcome, especially from those of you w/ young kids that have stayed at BLT, or with spouses that aren't nearly as big of Disney fans as you are.

Thanks!
Well if the kiddos were teens I would do the 2 bedroom. However with young ones they should be fine in the pullouts.

I finally got a TPV room at blt last year vs our usual bay lake view. With kids that young , with bedtimes early , seeing the fireworks right from the pullout couch is a treat!then you and wifey can hang out on the balcony while they sleep.

Now if they go to bed so early they won't be awake for fireworks then go with 2 br.

If 3 yr old goes to bed earlier then do 2 br and leave dw in room and take dd6 for a short walk to watch them then back to the room in no time.

I'm staying at Contemporary after AKL, and I'm not super excited about it... any Contemporary hype people out there? Get me excited for this stay!! :cheer2:

I was not super excited about our first stay at BLT, but it was amazing! The ten minute walk to MK was worth it!! It's a beautiful resort too.. and getting to go through bag check and the metal detector on the sidewalk away from everyone else is great! Saved a lot of time by not having to wait in those longer lines. We loved it, and we want to go back!

Need some advice.....

Thanks!

We just stayed in a one bedroom with a MK view....It was my husband, two daughters ages 19 and 13, oldest daughter's 19 year old boyfriend, and me. We were fine in the one bedroom. The girls and I slept on the king. Hubby slept on the pull out sofa and the boyfriend on the pull out chair. Everyone was comfy and the two bathrooms was wonderful. So, I think you'll be fine in the one bedroom.

Well if the kiddos were teens I would do the 2 bedroom. However with young ones they should be fine in the pullouts.

I finally got a TPV room at blt last year vs our usual bay lake view. With kids that young , with bedtimes early , seeing the fireworks right from the pullout couch is a treat!then you and wifey can hang out on the balcony while they sleep.

Now if they go to bed so early they won't be awake for fireworks then go with 2 br.

If 3 yr old goes to bed earlier then do 2 br and leave dw in room and take dd6 for a short walk to watch them then back to the room in no time.

We just stayed in a one bedroom with a MK view....It was my husband, two daughters ages 19 and 13, oldest daughter's 19 year old boyfriend, and me. We were fine in the one bedroom. The girls and I slept on the king. Hubby slept on the pull out sofa and the boyfriend on the pull out chair. Everyone was comfy and the two bathrooms was wonderful. So, I think you'll be fine in the one bedroom.

Great advice! Thanks very much to both of you. :)

Dave

So, after I replied, I actually decided to try to fix it and THEY DID! :jumping1:

The guy said he couldn't guarantee there'll be no issues at the front desk, so hopefully this doesn't jinx it... But I'm just so thankful for that CM for taking the time to look into the issue!

So happy to hear people enjoying their stays at the CR. We have our first visit there coming up in mid August, can't wait!
Can anyone think of a reason NOT to request a ground floor garden wing with a garden view?

So happy to hear people enjoying their stays at the CR. We have our first visit there coming up in mid August, can't wait!
Can anyone think of a reason NOT to request a ground floor garden wing with a garden view?
It would be my 1st choice with the patio.

The only reason not to have 1st floor is noise. More people will walk along hall to get to a staircase or elevator. Also outside traffic could occur depending on where you get your room.

The price to stay out there is really good for a deluxe. You can explore the tower anytime you want to.

Make sure to go to an upper floor main building and look down over the rail. Its fun!

Also I love to take the boat from there for a ride. Often I go to WL and explore the lobby for 1/2 hr or so then just boat back.

Thanks trishadono, looking forward to the pics!
Sounds good on the ground floor. Having three playful kids (and me being a goofy Dad), always gives me a chuckle when someone mentions noise, I think we're more at guilt than offended, hehe.
Yep, we love boat rides too, one reason we like the Poly a lot too is being able to take the small boat to MK, soooo maybe I will book that Hoop De Doo show, all the years going to Disney and I've never seen it ... sounds like a blast to take a boat ride over there for some yee haaw fun.

We stayed in a ground floor garden wing garden view room in December and loved it. We got lucky and faced the lake, so it was very quiet and peaceful in the evenings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter