Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great and it would not be out of line to ask to hold the sandwiches? Maybe if we brought an extra for them?? And of course we would tip for the service.

I've never done that specifically. They store our Garden Grocer Order every trip until we get there. I would suspect they would do that for a tip ;)

Is it still just the two buildings that have been opened with renovated room or have more been completed?

And we aren't depending on the in-room fridge as they can be iffy, too warm, too cold. I've already spoken to the hotel, and they have other larger refrigerators we can use to store meds in if it comes to that, but obviously, we'd prefer to keep the meds with us in the room if possible.

The old ones yes, they are iffy, the ones in the rennovated rooms ended up working very well. Not 'keep medicine your life depends on' well, but cold enough for all our food.

That's sort of the problem. This is medicine your life depends on and extremely expensive. It has to be kept between a very specific 10 degree temperature range. We use a special thermometer where the reader is separate from the part that reads the temp to monitor the temp throughout the day. That's why I'm hesitant to give the meds to the hotel unless we have to. If they were lost or damaged, it would be very bad. We travel a lot, so this isn't a new issue for us, but we will have a larger supply with us this time which makes me a little nervous.

On our last day, we are planning lunch at T-Rex and I'd like to pick up sandwiches from EOS to eat at the airport prior to clearing security

What a great idea! EOS beats any airport food in my opinion, so I might just do the same.

That's sort of the problem. This is medicine your life depends on and extremely expensive. It has to be kept between a very specific 10 degree temperature range. We use a special thermometer where the reader is separate from the part that reads the temp to monitor the temp throughout the day. That's why I'm hesitant to give the meds to the hotel unless we have to. If they were lost or damaged, it would be very bad. We travel a lot, so this isn't a new issue for us, but we will have a larger supply with us this time which makes me a little nervous.

Sorry - I can't remember if you are flying or driving?

If you are driving, there are dorm-sized portable refrigerators you can bring with you that might be an option - since you would use it only for the medicine, it should be able to hold it at a steady temperature; it's basically the smaller size of the in-room fridge that Disney provides.

There are also devices that are made just for keeping meds at temp: This model is reasonably priced; I'm not sure what kind of medicine you are trying to keep stable, but if you search Amazon for "portable refrigerator medicine", there are several interesting options.

What a great idea! EOS beats any airport food in my opinion, so I might just do the same.

DD and I did this many times. We save 2 QS credits and have a picnic on the benches just outside of the security check. This also allows us to monitor the line and jump in when it is relatively short.

Sorry - I can't remember if you are flying or driving?

If you are driving, there are dorm-sized portable refrigerators you can bring with you that might be an option - since you would use it only for the medicine, it should be able to hold it at a steady temperature; it's basically the smaller size of the in-room fridge that Disney provides.

There are also devices that are made just for keeping meds at temp: This model is reasonably priced; I'm not sure what kind of medicine you are trying to keep stable, but if you search Amazon for "portable refrigerator medicine", there are several interesting options.

We usually drive, but this time we are flying. Thanks for the idea about the portable storage. I'll look into that. We have had a lot of practice traveling with it in a cooler and keeping it stable for short periods of time that way, 6 to 12 hrs. This will be the first time we will have a large supply with us to keep up with for a whole week.

What is the current toiletry situation at CSR? Are they the shampoo/conditioner combo like they had in the values or do they have the separate shampoo and conditioner? Do they provide lotion? And did they also upgrade to the larger bottles like the deluxe resorts? If someone has a photo that would be great. :)

~Cari~ pluto:

Has anyone used the 'limited' club level here recently? Are they still offering during renovations?
Thinking of upgrading our room. But not sure if the amenities are going to be the same.
TIA

Has anyone used the 'limited' club level here recently? Are they still offering during renovations?
Thinking of upgrading our room. But not sure if the amenities are going to be the same.
TIA

The business class/limited club level is gone. I've heard speculation that it will return when the tower is complete but for now it isn't an option. :(

The business class/limited club level is gone. I've heard speculation that it will return when the tower is complete but for now it isn't an option. :(

rats!
It's a little late to move resorts (hahaha but I am crazy and just might do it!), plus avail. is probably very low, and prices very high.
Off to price check I go .... :surfweb:

I stayed at CSR last week in Casitas 4103, my third stay at the resort since it opened in the 1990's. Upside: the room was as close to bus stop 2 as you can be without pitching a tent in the parking lot. My room was an "original," but it was in very good condition. I didn't remember the long florescent light above the bed--way too bright and no way to dim it. (I moved the desk lamp to the bedside table instead, and never used the over bed light.)

The quiet pool between Casitas 3 and 4 was closed, which meant going across to the main pool or to the other quiet pool, which was an inconvenience. Renovation was in full swing for part of Casitas 3, the other half was occupied. They were painting the exterior of Casitas 4 when I arrived on Wednesday, but they had moved on by Friday.

When you arrive at CSR, the view of the tower construction is unavoidable. There are two very tall cranes and lots of activity on the ground. Most of the ground level work is behind screens and fencing, but a long section between bus stops 4 and 1 is open and you can get a peek at the foundation. I never heard construction noise near my room, and it was minimal when walking to/from El Centro.

My one breakfast was very disappointing. The Southwestern omelet has more chunks of gristle than ham, didn't have any salsa, and was bland. The breakfast potatoes were in a puddle of clear thick liquid--I have no idea what it was. On my last night, I grabbed a chicken Caesar wrap at Cafe Rix, which was very tasty and generously sized.

The rest of my meals were at parks or at Disney Springs. Best food was at Homecomin' at Disney Springs and Geyser Springs at Wilderness Lodge--the best burger I've ever had at Disney.

I look forward to staying at CSR in the future, and hope the food quality becomes more consistent. Not sure how they'll add transportation services for a 15 story building full of guests...that will be interesting.

When we were there two weeks ago, we did not receive shower gel. We where in a new room in cabana 8a

H2O products in my room were shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion tubes, and boxed face and body soap.

I was surprised not to receive the "pardon the inconvenience" pins. Maybe my room wasn't close enough to the construction, but the overall guest experience is impacted by it.

Is shower gel generally part of the toiletries given in the moderates? We have a split stay with CSR and YC so I want to be prepared to bring shower gel if needed.

When we were there two weeks ago, we did not receive shower gel. We where in a new room in cabana 8a

I asked this awhile back but I don't think I got anyone's opinion or advice. We have a package reserved in Jan. for 6 nights but I needed to add on an extra room only night at the end of our stay. Our package is for a standard room and our room only night at the end is a water view. My question is will we have to switch rooms or do you think we could stay in our original standard room for that last night? I've tried and tried to find that night as a standard but can't find anything at all the place seems booked up. I just really don't want to have to change rooms for our final night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter