Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just reading some reports on Facebook -

Barcelona is open in the morning and has (along with coffee) pastries, fruit cups, yogurt and some grab/go juices, water, etc.

Reports that Rix Bar/Grill breakfast is good! Also, not for breakfast, they have something called Wachos - waffle fries with nacho toppings - and they look so good. You can get to go at the restaurant, but need to actually go there to order, no mobile order.

Three Bridges is still getting great reviews and the food looked really good!

I just read on Facebook that only the tower and Casitas are open right now. Does anyone know if that's true?
We downgraded from the tower to save some money for food and requested Cabanas

Just reading some reports on Facebook -

Barcelona is open in the morning and has (along with coffee) pastries, fruit cups, yogurt and some grab/go juices, water, etc.

Reports that Rix Bar/Grill breakfast is good! Also, not for breakfast, they have something called Wachos - waffle fries with nacho toppings - and they look so good. You can get to go at the restaurant, but need to actually go there to order, no mobile order.

Three Bridges is still getting great reviews and the food looked really good!
Thank you!! Can I ask what group on fb you find this info? TIA☺️

I just read on Facebook that only the tower and Casitas are open right now. Does anyone know if that's true?

Seems that way from what I'm reading. They want 30% max capacity for now.

Last edited:
So tempted to switch from Pop to CSR this December for only about $250 more. I'd have already done so, if not for the news about no quick service! What does everyone staying at CSR soon plan to do for food (when not in the parks)?

So tempted to switch from Pop to CSR this December for only about $250 more. I'd have already done so, if not for the news about no quick service! What does everyone staying at CSR soon plan to do for food (when not in the parks)?

We are there in early December. We are stopping at a grocery on the way in(using a towncar service from MCO) to pick up sodas and beer/wine and snacks/breakfast items. Bummed that we won't get to try Toledo, but there will be other trips.

Like everything else in 2020, we are having to adapt. Getting pretty good at the zig zag now, lol.

We checked in today. When she told us we were in Casitas I asked if we could move to Cabanas and she said only Casitas was open but all of the quiet pools are open.

None of the open restaurants are offering Mobile Order, right? I'm still home, but don't see any of the CSR options in MDE for Mobile Order.

We are booked to stay here for the first time in about 2 weeks and I'm feeling confused about the best transportation option to the parks - whether we should rent a car and drive, uber, or use the provided bus transportation (our original plan). I was considering changing to the Swan or Dolphin but the transportation situation with the Mears buses seems even worse. Overall, does it still seem like a good idea to stay at CS right now or are some people switching to other resorts due to QS being closed or other reasons? We've only been to WDW two times, two years ago and stayed at Pop, which we enjoyed, and I went once 22 years ago but don't really count that since it was so long ago. (Frequent visitors to DLR though).

Is anyone there now or has anyone read reports that talk about bus wait times and whether it's difficult to get to the parks at the "unofficial" opening time, typically an hour before published opening? How early do you need to get to the bus stop? TIA!

None of the open restaurants are offering Mobile Order, right? I'm still home, but don't see any of the CSR options in MDE for Mobile Order.

No, not unless I’m missing something. Seems to me it would be likely Rix should see “to go” ordering added at some point, similar to what has recently been added at places like Kona, The Wave, Sanaa, Olivia’s and Ale & Compass (pending). But obviously just a guess on my part.

We are booked to stay here for the first time in about 2 weeks and I'm feeling confused about the best transportation option to the parks - whether we should rent a car and drive, uber, or use the provided bus transportation (our original plan). I was considering changing to the Swan or Dolphin but the transportation situation with the Mears buses seems even worse. Overall, does it still seem like a good idea to stay at CS right now or are some people switching to other resorts due to QS being closed or other reasons? We've only been to WDW two times, two years ago and stayed at Pop, which we enjoyed, and I went once 22 years ago but don't really count that since it was so long ago. (Frequent visitors to DLR though).

Is anyone there now or has anyone read reports that talk about bus wait times and whether it's difficult to get to the parks at the "unofficial" opening time, typically an hour before published opening? How early do you need to get to the bus stop? TIA!

We go in two weeks as well and we went back and forth about staying at CSR or POP. We even switched a couple of times. We made the final decision to stay at CSR after they opened and we saw which restaurants are open.
I don't mind not having a QS and I like the choices that are available.
I'm not reading good reports about the QS at POP and the buses and Skyliner lines are a no go for me.
I was hoping to stay in the Cabanas section but with only the tower and Casitas open that eliminates 2 bus stops and that's a perk to me.
It has a better pool plus some food opens at the pool bar. The morning and evening lounge for coffee and drinks is also appealing to us.
I'm happy with our decision of staying at CSR over POP.
I can't answer if you should switch to Swan and Dolphin though since we've never stayed there. We have stayed at BW and I did like walking to Epcot and taking the Skyliner to HS. It would put you closer to the Epcot area restaurants which is always nice but there are very few open and the ADR'S are hard to get unless you already have them booked.

We go in two weeks as well and we went back and forth about staying at CSR or POP. We even switched a couple of times. We made the final decision to stay at CSR after they opened and we saw which restaurants are open.
I don't mind not having a QS and I like the choices that are available.
I'm not reading good reports about the QS at POP and the buses and Skyliner lines are a no go for me.
I was hoping to stay in the Cabanas section but with only the tower and Casitas open that eliminates 2 bus stops and that's a perk to me.
It has a better pool plus some food opens at the pool bar. The morning and evening lounge for coffee and drinks is also appealing to us.
I'm happy with our decision of staying at CSR over POP.
I can't answer if you should switch to Swan and Dolphin though since we've never stayed there. We have stayed at BW and I did like walking to Epcot and taking the Skyliner to HS. It would put you closer to the Epcot area restaurants which is always nice but there are very few open and the ADR'S are hard to get unless you already have them booked.
Thank you! This is very helpful. Are you planning on using the buses to the parks? Have you heard what time the first bus leaves and how early do you think we need to be at the bus stop? Is there one right in front of Casitas? I'm assuming that's where we'll stay since that's the only one open and we didn't book a tower room.

Anybody have any suggestions on room requests or not needed?

Can someone confirm the bathroom set-up between the GDT and the regular rooms? I know the bathrooms in the regular rooms have a separate sink area outside the shower/toilet. Is it true the GDT has everything inside the bathroom - shower, toilet and sinks all together in one room?

We just stayed at the Swan this past weekend and the bus situation there is not great. They are using Mears buses to MK and it drops you off at the TTC, which then means you have to get on the ferry or the monorail to get to MK. It's definitely a disadvantage for that park and we ended up just Ubering to every park but the ones we could walk to. Personally, I'd stick with CSR for your trip. We've always had great bus service there and I bet right now it's just as good as it's always been since they're limiting the capacity of the resort to the 30% mentioned. Plus, it's a really centrally located resort, which makes getting to anywhere on property really easy using Disney transportation or an Uber.

Can someone confirm the bathroom set-up between the GDT and the regular rooms? I know the bathrooms in the regular rooms have a separate sink area outside the shower/toilet. Is it true the GDT has everything inside the bathroom - shower, toilet and sinks all together in one room?

Behind the barn door is the double sinks, shower with glass door and then a room with toilet that has it's own door.

But yes, the shower and sinks share one room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter