Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds awful!

It’s rough. We lucked out and got a walk up at Three Bridges about 5pm, which wasn’t that great: awkward trying to eat in the “lounge seating”. As we were leaving there were three parties being turned away from even ordering takeout, and being told Rix was full as well.

There is what looks like a pastry case and coffee counter in the gift shop, but it’s caged off and empty. Could have at least grabbed a cookie.

We’re here for another seven days. My wife placed a big Amazon Prime/Whole Foods order, and we’ll order delivery pizza I guess.

Was Three Bridges not an option? Or does that require ADR?

I apologize, I didn't mean to not mention it It was an option. I do not think they take ADRs. It wasn't on our radar really because the menu did not really appeal to both of us. When we tried to go to the pool bar to get food Three Bridges appeared busy. I do not know if there was a wait or how long it might have been. By that time I had already googled the nearby McDonald's.

Generally speaking, how is the noise level at night from a water view room? Any particular areas of CSR I should request for the least amount of foot traffic outside my room?

I'm a bit cautious after being placed in a room above Whispering Canyon Cafe (DWL) during our last stay at WDW... :crutches:

We were in a water view room on the 7th floor last night. No noise issues from outside the window. There were noise issues from the hallway and the room next door, but I am not sure that would have been different in any other room.

I’ve never had a trip I didn’t at some point watch like three buses in rapid succession come for the park no one was waiting for 😂 It’s a fluke that happens sometimes that they’ve never been able to work out of their system I think.
We almost missed a PPO ADR in January while waiting and waiting and waiting for an Epcot bus for 40 minutes, LOL. Another family was with us in the same boat though (meanwhile tons of AK buses cruised by and left empty). There seemed to me more AK buses than DHS (with a new RoTR everyone was waiting for!)

Edited to add, this was at the Tower stop.

Aside from the food issues I mentioned earlier, we really liked the resort. We like the design and theming. It is a little bigger and more spread out than I generally like, but the grounds are beautiful. We enjoyed the main pool. I really like the pyramid as part of the theming. We spend the morning at the main pool. We got there shortly after 10:00am and we were able to find a table with umbrella and chairs to sit at. There are only a handful of tables, mostly just lounge chairs at the main pool. It was pretty empty right at 10:00am, but steadily picked up.

We had a 1:30 ADR for Rix, and we enjoyed it.

With other areas of the resorts being closed, I do not know that people realize that all of the other pools are also open. We went to the Cabanas leisure pool at about 5:00pm, and there was only one other person swimming there. They left and we had the pool to ourselves for a bit before a couple of ladies came to the pool area. It was quiet and nice not having to share the pool with many people.

We had a king bed tower view room on the 7th floor. It was nice. I don't think I like the sliding door for the toilet, or the barn door for the bathroom. They both make a lot of noise when opening and closing, which is a problem at night. But they did look nice. The view was nice, but it is too bad there are no balconies. We also could really hear the lady in the room next to us talking, but that was only in the morning after we woke up. I don't know if maybe she was simply quiet the rest of the time?

I never thought I would be a fan of using the app to unlock the room door, but that changed when I forgot my magicband while getting ice when DW was out of the room.

We didn't use the buses, so I cannot comment on that.

Overall, we liked the resort, but they need to open more dining options.

It wasn’t until reading your report this stupid food situation clicked for me. With the QS closed most everyone is being forced to spend TS prices for each meal onsite. Some smart soul out smarted every other property currently open honestly. Guest satisfaction will be down but the hotel finances will look nice (depending on Palmas agreement with them. I’d be shocked if there wasn’t a level of profit sharing though.)

I was planning on Barcelona for coffee & pastries but now I’m wondering about just hitting up Starbucks in AK (only at CSR for AK day). We have a DAS user in the party so we have a lot of downtime between doing stuff...
That's why I am glad I found a DVC rental. I am spending my first nite here and then moving to OKW

Has anyone ever used Amazon Prime Now at CSR (or any WDW resort)? We've never used grocery services at WDW but am seriously considering it for this trip. I just learned about the Prime Now option today and that seems to be a good option for the few things we're thinking of getting.

I'm also wondering with the pandemic how grocery delivery works now? (e.g. do I have to meet somewhere specific?) Does anyone have recent experience?

Thanks so much!

Has anyone ever used Amazon Prime Now at CSR (or any WDW resort)?

I'm also wondering with the pandemic how grocery delivery works now? (e.g. do I have to meet somewhere specific?) Does anyone have recent experience?

Thanks so much!

You don’t have to be there. Put in “Guest Leigh L” in the notes. Bell services will refrigerate whatever is cold, and bring it up to you when you call. Very easy; we do it every time.

If they saw people waiting for the DHS bus and they knew one wouldn't be arriving for a while (they know), why don't they change of the three AK buses leaving empty to DHS???

Generally, yes, it seems like any of us could do better with resource allocation. Put me at the bus stop all day with a pitcher of margaritas and I could nail it down. With yesterday’s specific example, they don’t seem to be scheduling busses to arrive at the park more than an hour before open, as there is nowhere to stack the guests.

Monday, Epcot.

Haven’t mentioned it yet, but there is no cast member stationed at the bus stop.

At Casitas stop at 9:27
9:28 AK
9:29 AK
9:31 DHS
9:33 DHS
9:37 MK
9:42 AK
9:42 DHS
9:48 DHS
9:51 DHS
9:55 DHS
9:56 DHS
10:03 Epcot
Saw a Disney Springs bus arriving right behind the Epcot bus.

No one had to wait for more than one bus for their park, though the MK bus was nearly full and obviously all of those DHS buses left empty. Little bit of chirping at the later DHS buses from MK guests. There are seven parties on the first Epcot bus.

Generally, yes, it seems like any of us could do better with resource allocation. Put me at the bus stop all day with a pitcher of margaritas and I could nail it down. With yesterday’s specific example, they don’t seem to be scheduling busses to arrive at the park more than an hour before open, as there is nowhere to stack the guests.

Monday, Epcot.

Haven’t mentioned it yet, but there is no cast member stationed at the bus stop.

No one had to wait for more than one bus for their park, though the MK bus was nearly full and obviously all of those DHS buses left empty. Little bit of chirping at the later DHS buses from MK guests. There are seven parties on the first Epcot bus.
I may have missed this previously, but is Casitas still the first stop?

You don’t have to be there. Put in “Guest Leigh L” in the notes. Bell services will refrigerate whatever is cold, and bring it up to you when you call. Very easy; we do it every time.
When I read the grocery thread it said you do have to be there now, that bell services only accepts groceries from Garden Grocer. Did you do an order for your current trip?

(And thanks for the bus updates!)

Monday, Epcot.

Have you happen to notice if they will load two scooters if people are from different parties?

I'm back from a 2-night stay - standard room in Casitas 4. It was... okay. Not stellar, not awful. My room was clean, but I think they really need to check the plumbing in buildings/rooms that haven't been used since March: my tub/shower only produced a trickle of very hot water, or a full force of cold water - there was no way to make it do a mix. I didn't find that out until I was getting ready for bed night 1: I was only there 2 nights so I didn't want to waste time moving to a new room, nor did I want workers coming in, so I just lived with it. But I reported the problem before I left. Hopefully it gets looked at!

The food situation was not great. Again, for my short say I made it work, but limited menus plus limited locations plus food allergies/special diet would make it extremely difficult to eat over a longer trip. I had dinner at Three Bridges one night and it was weird... they were not seating every table, but the table right in front of me was seated, and seats at the bar right behind me were seated - tables to their sides and my sides were left empty. I'm not sure that's how distancing is supposed to work? But we were outdoors(ish) and we all kept on our masks until we were actively eating, so I guess it was okay. I don't think I'd do it again, TBH, but I'm more risk averse than some. I was able to get a bottle of milk at the gift shop, but they did not have individual cartons for sale. I'd swear the shop had less inventory of food and snack items than it did in normal times, which strikes me as odd, given that the QS options aren't available.

I drove to the parks and didn't use buses, so can't comment on that. Grounds were clean and beautiful, as always. I was - happily! - not charged parking; no idea why, but I'll take it! I really do not love the Casitas section, so not having Cabanas or Ranchos open was disappointing I have another CSR stay booked for Dec., but I'll probably move offsite; there just isn't enough going for me to pay the upcharge for CSR, unless more opens up.
I felt the same way.. and I tried to order DD and I was going to have to pick it up at the office so I cancelled it... too much walk for me.
All the vending machines were removed. ..
We upgraded to the tower the next night. We went down to the convenience store near swan and got snacks next time we were out.20201021_084920.jpg

Thank you! I wasn't sure if we needed to be in our room or available to meet them, this is great to know.

Has anyone ever used Amazon Prime Now at CSR (or any WDW resort)? We've never used grocery services at WDW but am seriously considering it for this trip. I just learned about the Prime Now option today and that seems to be a good option for the few things we're thinking of getting.

Thanks so much!

Not a direct answer to your question as I can’t speak to Prime Now, but somewhat related. I had never used grocery delivery prior to COVID (actually, my usual stance is totally anti-grocery on vacation), but have used Garden Grocer on all of our trips since reopening. We wouldn’t do a WDW stay right now without getting at least some kind of delivery... mainly breakfast items (yogurt, cereal, etc), water/beverages, and a few snacks/fruit just to have on hand.

We haven’t stayed at CSR yet since reopening, but as is being touched on in some of the recent posts above, resort dining everywhere (even the places with mobile QS ordering) takes a bit more of an aggressive posture/plan than in the past, so having a few items on hand in the room has been our go to alternative.

For Garden Grocer, they will leave everything with bell services without your presence, even alcohol. GG certainly isn’t the cheapest option, but I’ve been impressed with their website and service.

Not a direct answer to your question as I can’t speak to Prime Now, but somewhat related. I had never used grocery delivery prior to COVID (actually, my usual stance is totally anti-grocery on vacation), but have used Garden Grocer on all of our trips since reopening. We wouldn’t do a WDW stay right now without getting at least some kind of delivery... mainly breakfast items (yogurt, cereal, etc), water/beverages, and a few snacks/fruit just to have on hand.

We haven’t stayed at CSR yet since reopening, but as is being touched on in some of the recent posts above, resort dining everywhere (even the places with mobile QS ordering) takes a bit more of an aggressive posture/plan than in the past, so having a few items on hand in the room has been our go to alternative.

For Garden Grocer, they will leave everything with bell services without your presence, even alcohol. GG certainly isn’t the cheapest option, but I’ve been impressed with their website and service.
Thank you! Very helpful to hear experiences with other options too. In August we stayed at the Contemporary/Shades of Green and, for the most part, it was easy to find options without long waits. CSR sounds a little limited for the quick stuff and the parks are busier now; a delivery sounds like the way to go. I'm thinking without refillable mugs at CSR, long lines in the parks, and many QS closures, I definitely want to get a few things (esp water!)

We also generally never go to the grocery unless we're on an extended trip and make a stop on the way in to get snacks and drinks. This time I decided against renting a car since it's just DD and me and I don't wanna drive, lol. It will be my first time taking MDE both ways instead of just the return to the airport.

Thanks so much!
We have used them at CSR and other resorts. I can’t speak to any Covid protocols though, as our last trip was February. We have also used Garden Grocer. We normally do some breakfast items like milk, cereal, yogurt, and some cases of water. Amazon is obviously the most convenient. I one time forgot to pack deodorant for myself and DH. Ordered it, and it was there in 2 hours; same for when I came down with a cold and needed some NyQuil while there. However, the one time we had an issue with missing items, it was a major hassle to get credited for them.
We’ve used Garden Grocer, and they are definitely pricier. But the one time we had an issue, the customer service was impeccable. Because of this, if I were going now, I’d do GG and pay the extra money now. I’m sure GG is better aware of covid protocols, etc, and it would wind up being less of a hassle in the long run.
Just my two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter