Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering the issues with the busses (limited seating) and the limited options for dining I really think that CSR should not be charging the $25 per night parking fees. People should have access to their cars For transportation to the parks and offsite dining/groceries without being charged extra.

We have used them at CSR and other resorts. I can’t speak to any Covid protocols though, as our last trip was February. We have also used Garden Grocer. We normally do some breakfast items like milk, cereal, yogurt, and some cases of water. Amazon is obviously the most convenient. I one time forgot to pack deodorant for myself and DH. Ordered it, and it was there in 2 hours; same for when I came down with a cold and needed some NyQuil while there. However, the one time we had an issue with missing items, it was a major hassle to get credited for them.
We’ve used Garden Grocer, and they are definitely pricier. But the one time we had an issue, the customer service was impeccable. Because of this, if I were going now, I’d do GG and pay the extra money now. I’m sure GG is better aware of covid protocols, etc, and it would wind up being less of a hassle in the long run.
Just my two cents.
Thank you for the input! I've heard of GG, but never used it anywhere. I'll look into that as an option too considering several people here have had good experiences.

Considering the issues with the busses (limited seating) and the limited options for dining I really think that CSR should not be charging the $25 per night parking fees. People should have access to their cars For transportation to the parks and offsite dining/groceries without being charged extra.
On site parking fees was a cash grab from Disney started a couple of years ago. It’s not like you’re in a downtown city area with limited space. I so miss the bus times feature in the MDE app. Yesterday I was at GDT bus stop at little after 830 am. It’s was HS day so I was going to wait until 845 or so to see if HS bus came or if not walk to my car and drive. There was a long line of MK people waiting, no AK people but multiple AK buses. Did notice the sign boards flashing bus for MK & AK which are the only 2 buses that came. Since no HS bus, I drove got in the parking toll line and was inside by 930 am.

Sunday MK day was great with the bus got there around 745. MK bus was waiting got on, inside MK a little after 8am.

Can someone confirm the bathroom set-up between the GDT and the regular rooms? I know the bathrooms in the regular rooms have a separate sink area outside the shower/toilet. Is it true the GDT has everything inside the bathroom - shower, toilet and sinks all together in one room?
If memory serves, in GDT there was a toilet with a sliding door, then sink area, then shower/bath (depending if you have walk in vs. shower/tub combo). Unless all the rooms in GDT are walk in showers?

The whole bathroom area has a large sliding door for privacy.

I'll be checking into GDT on Monday! So excited to be back. We'll have a tower King standard view. I can report back on anything anyone wants to know!

If memory serves, in GDT there was a toilet with a sliding door, then sink area, then shower/bath (depending if you have walk in vs. shower/tub combo). Unless all the rooms in GDT are walk in showers?

The whole bathroom area has a large sliding door for privacy.

I'll be checking into GDT on Monday! So excited to be back. We'll have a tower King standard view. I can report back on anything anyone wants to know!
We're supposed to be there in 3 weeks. I would appreciate continued info on the food situation there. As in, if they've started mobile order anywhere, if it's easy to do, and if places are accepting walk-ups. Have a great trip!

We're supposed to be there in 3 weeks. I would appreciate continued info on the food situation there. As in, if they've started mobile order anywhere, if it's easy to do, and if places are accepting walk-ups. Have a great trip!
I'm hoping as time goes by they start to open more food places and am especially hoping for the Mercado to open. We will be there Dec. 19.

Has anybody been recently and used any food delivery services such as uber eats, door dash, grub hub? I stayed at Pop and Poly in August and Door Dash said it didn't deliver to the Pop area.

You got it! DH demands breakfast so we will have to see what's available. I'm fine with just a coffee in the morning then grab a mid morning snack. I'm more of a late night snacker so if I can get a cupcake or some other treat, I'm happy.

We are 20 days out from our first Covid trip. Its also our first stay at CSR/GDT, so I've been following this thread. I'm trying to better digest the info over the last few pages and I must admit I'm getting a little lost.

My wife, our son and I are flying from Philly. Our friend is driving from South Carolina to meet us. She is going to be bringing some foods/snacks for the room so we'll have some stuff and her car if we need to run to the store. We are familiar with the area having stayed off site in the past. We've used Amazon Prime Now for deliveries to Poly, French Quarter, Pop, and All-Star Movies, and it looks like that is an option if we need it.

On past trips, my wife has made us stop at Starbucks in the park for a coffee as soon as we get there, so our son and I just get a breakfast sandwich there. And we have a TS meal in the parks (and Contemporary) almost every night.

The nights we don't have TS reservations, if we want to eat at GDT, since we don't have reservations, it sounds like we should find food elsewhere, and bring it back with us instead? If I'm reading right it sounds like Take Out at Rix Sports Bar is an option, but there is no mobile order and it can be a long wait if they aren't over full. Siestas Cantina (Pool bar) isn't open very late, so if we stay at the park until closing, we wont get back in time. And the other things open require reservation. Is that right?

The biggest Covid worry we have is being on the busses, so our friend offered to pick us up at the airport, drive to the parks, and take us back to the airport.

Is driving/skipping the busses to the parks an ok plan if we want to get into the parks before/at opening? (especially DHS and MK).

My understanding is they don't currently deliver purchases to the resort gift shop for next day pick. But do they still deliver to the front of the park for pickup?

We are 20 days out from our first Covid trip. Its also our first stay at CSR/GDT, so I've been following this thread. I'm trying to better digest the info over the last few pages and I must admit I'm getting a little lost.

My wife, our son and I are flying from Philly. Our friend is driving from South Carolina to meet us. She is going to be bringing some foods/snacks for the room so we'll have some stuff and her car if we need to run to the store. We are familiar with the area having stayed off site in the past. We've used Amazon Prime Now for deliveries to Poly, French Quarter, Pop, and All-Star Movies, and it looks like that is an option if we need it.

On past trips, my wife has made us stop at Starbucks in the park for a coffee as soon as we get there, so our son and I just get a breakfast sandwich there. And we have a TS meal in the parks (and Contemporary) almost every night.

The nights we don't have TS reservations, if we want to eat at GDT, since we don't have reservations, it sounds like we should find food elsewhere, and bring it back with us instead? If I'm reading right it sounds like Take Out at Rix Sports Bar is an option, but there is no mobile order and it can be a long wait if they aren't over full. Siestas Cantina (Pool bar) isn't open very late, so if we stay at the park until closing, we wont get back in time. And the other things open require reservation. Is that right?

The biggest Covid worry we have is being on the busses, so our friend offered to pick us up at the airport, drive to the parks, and take us back to the airport.

Is driving/skipping the busses to the parks an ok plan if we want to get into the parks before/at opening? (especially DHS and MK).

My understanding is they don't currently deliver purchases to the resort gift shop for next day pick. But do they still deliver to the front of the park for pickup?
Sounds like you've thought everything through -- I'm sure you'll have a great trip.

I can't speak to the food situation at CSR because we've yet to say there during COVID, but as far as buses are concerned, they really do have some good social distancing happening with dividers, so it really seems very safe. If you drive, even just to be dropped off, I believe the soonest they'll let you through the gate for parking is about 45 minutes before park open (or at least that was the case when we went in July/August). For DHS, if you're feeling like you want to get there earlier, then you may want to have your friend drop you at the Swan and just take the walking path to DHS. You can get there pretty early that way and it's nice because they do start to run rides early. Without fastpasses getting there an hour before the park opens can be a real advantage for riding things like Millenium Falcon, SDD, or Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway.

At MK, the bus is going to give you an advantage over drop off because it will drop you next to the park. Your friend would have to drop you off at the Ticket and Transportation Center otherwise and then you'd have to take the monorail or ferry over to MK, which adds a lot of time. Conversely, you could search for a breakfast at The Wave or Chef Mickey's in the morning and have your friend drop you off at the Contemporary, then just walk over to MK from there.

For packages, you're right, they won't send them back to your hotel right now and they won't send them to the front of the park, either. So when you buy something, you have to carry it around, which I'm sure is part of the reason why the lines are so long to get into the gift shops closer to park close.

QUOTE.. " For packages, you're right, they won't send them back to your hotel right now and they won't send them to the front of the park, either. So when you buy something, you have to carry it around, which I'm sure is part of the reason why the lines are so long to get into the gift shops closer to park close."

Are the lockers at the parks still open? If they are, you could always rent a locker, get your shopping done early to avoid the lines, put your purchases in a locker & then retrieve them at the end of the park day.. That is probably what we will do to avoid the long lines at the end of park closing if lockers are available..

We stayed 10/21 to 10/25 and were not charged for parking, not sure that will continue but I'll take the savings for this trip at least.

Concerning the dig site - are the big water slide, playground, and arcade open for normal use? Or is it just the pools which are open and all of the other amenities still closed?

My wife and I are bringing our two kids (9 and 7) for a week in November, including a rest day at the resort. I’m hoping that we can keep them entertained at the resort that day for as long as possible, but will try to plan some offsite activities if necessary...

Thanks in advance for your help!

Are the lockers at the parks still open? If they are, you could always rent a locker, get your shopping done early to avoid the lines, put your purchases in a locker & then retrieve them at the end of the park day.. That is probably what we will do to avoid the long lines at the end of park closing if lockers are available..

Yes, the lockers in the parks are open. 👍

We were not charged for parking for our one night stay this past Saturday either.
Do you have to go past the guard shack to get to parking? The last time we stayed they were building GDT and we didn't have to go through a checkpoint if we weren't going to the check-in.

Do you have to go past the guard shack to get to parking? The last time we stayed they were building GDT and we didn't have to go through a checkpoint if we weren't going to the check-in.
Yes, we had to go past the guard shack to get to the parking lot.

Concerning the dig site - are the big water slide, playground, and arcade open for normal use? Or is it just the pools which are open and all of the other amenities still closed?

My wife and I are bringing our two kids (9 and 7) for a week in November, including a rest day at the resort. I’m hoping that we can keep them entertained at the resort that day for as long as possible, but will try to plan some offsite activities if necessary...

Thanks in advance for your help!

The pool slide was open. I don't believe the arcade was. Not sure about the playground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter