Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

We are arriving April 4th and got this email today. I’m hoping the construction isn’t too bad because I really love the lobby.

Dear Guest,​
In an effort to continually enhance the Guest experience here at the Walt Disney World® Resort, we often refresh our offerings and atmosphere. In preparation for your upcoming stay, we would like to make you aware of renovations that will be taking place during your visit. While we work our magic, you will see or hear construction around Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa – including our lobby – during daytime hours.​

Here’s a video tour of the Victorian Suite:

The suite is huge, and beautiful, so I almost feel bad saying anything negative about it. But there were a few small issues that could have been even better given this price point.

Perhaps given the recency of the renovations, it was a little like moving into a brand new house where the punch list isn’t finished yet. There wasn’t a rack for hangers or any shelves in the front closet, so it was basically only useful for piling suitcases in. Also no shelves in the large cabinet under the living room TV. The bathroom lacked the retractable clothesline for hanging wet things that most of the regular rooms have.

The balcony doors include three sets of double doors with handles instead of sliding glass doors. One side of each door doesn’t have a lock, and the weatherstripping on one of our doors was peeling off at the top. This wasn’t really an issue until our second to last night when a big rain and wind storm picked up. We had trouble keeping one of the doors closed and there was a loud sound of wind whistling through another door. We barricaded one of the doors with a suitcase and my husband stuffed tissues into the little gap in another, but I feel like this room would benefit from having either more tightly latching doors or sliding doors.

All in all, though, we had a wonderful time in this beautiful large room with great views!
Thank you for making the video!

I was in that suite visiting a friend last year, it’s so roomy! (Prior to remodel)

The decor was pretty identical to the outer building 1 bedroom king suite we had post refurb last May, I liked ours but yours looks a little sparse….

Tell your dd thx for the entertainment 😊

Question - I thought SugarLoaf was all Club Level, but now I’m reading that is no longer the case. Touring Plans still lists it as such. Can someone please confirm or deny? Thanks!

Question - I thought SugarLoaf was all Club Level, but now I’m reading that is no longer the case. Touring Plans still lists it as such. Can someone please confirm or deny? Thanks!
Sugarloaf is not CL anymore and hasn’t been since CL returned. Only RPC CL exists at GF now. Touring Plans has not updated their room finder for GF—it is still reflecting the old room categories that don’t exist anymore since Disney changed them at all the resorts. Another reminder not to take it as gospel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!