Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

I’m happy you had a great time! What a beautiful view!! I can’t wait to get back to Narcoossee’s!! Happy to hear it’s still as delicious 😋 Would it be OK if I post a link to your pictures for the Grand Floridian Villas page? Also, just to confirm, is this a Studio? Thank you!
Absolutely and yes we stayed in a studio.

Just returned from 4 awesome nights at the GF. First time staying there and overall, we loved it! Here are some things of note from our stay.
  1. Fitness center hours are 6am-9pm. DH went 2x in the afternoon during our pool breaks and said he was the only person there each time. Masks required of course. It's a well appointed gym.
  2. The service overall was amazing. We got there early (10:45am) and was not expecting our room to be ready, so we spoke to the bell captain who confirmed it was not ready, and we went to the bathroom to change in to park clothes before heading to Epcot. We were walking to our car and the guy practically ran after us that it just became ready. We turned around to check in and the only room available was 2 queens. A big pet peeve of mine is having 2 beds when we're only two adults as it's a waste of space. We said we'd wait for a king bed. Headed to Epcot and 4 hours later we returned to the GF. Room still wasn't ready (it was about 3pm) and at this point I was desperate for a shower after being up since 530 am for our flight and would have taken any room, anywhere. The guy must have taken some pity on me and gave us a lagoon view! We had sweeping views of the CR and MK. I'll post view pics in a separate thread. It was really awesome.
  3. They offered to help us with our bags to our room and we almost declined but then Anhel (is this guy a GEM or what??) popped up and went to get our bags. He pulled up in a golf cart and gave us a little tour on our way to our room. I was not expecting that but it was delightful.
  4. I wish there were robes in the room. Not sure if they were pre-COVID but at a 5-star resort, I sort of expect it.
  5. Pools were great. Courtyard Pool was calm and not crowded, save for the hot tub at night. We really enjoyed it here. Beach pool was HOPPING both times we went to enjoy the slide and waterfall. I was slightly disappointed by the limited menus at both bars. Would have loved some kind of snack, not just uninspired turkey wraps.
  6. The central phone and chat system in MDE is frustrating. Got different answers every time I had a question. One night after some hot tub time, we came back to our room at 11 and were desperate for a bottle of water. Sandy Cove closed at 10, room service at 11 so we were out of luck. I assumed there would be a vending machine somewhere so I asked the chat and it said there were none. I found this odd so I called the line, and the CM could not tell me where they were. I trekked down to the desk and was told they are in the second floor of each building. Not true.. so I went BACK to the desk and said that I really needed someone to help me with the water situation and the manager on duty went to the back and got us 4 small bottles of water. All in all I am making it sound more dramatic than it was but we really needed water!! On our way back to our room, we checked the first floor and low and behold.. there was a vending machine but it only had snacks, no drinks.
All in all, we were thrilled with our trip. It was a treat to stay at the GF for sure.

Stayed in the Villas in room 1414. What a view! GF was top notch as usual and Disney in general is doing a tremendous job with making you feel as safe as possible. We had a blast; MK day, Disney Springs and an unbelievable meal at Narcoossee’s.
Depending on when you were there, you could have been our neighbor...we were in 1415 last week

I have heard that the rooms at the GF are small. Would a two queen bed room be big enough to get ready for a wedding?

We're back from our first ever stay at the DVC Villas at The Grand Floridian and I am hooked. We absolutely adore our home resort, The Polynesian, but the Grand Floridian has a completely different feeling about it. We were in room 1415, a Standard Studio, and it was an amazing view of the monorail and the Polynesian to the left. I would definitely request this room again. The only negative was the lack of usable drawer space. There were 2 drawers under the bed, but we could only pull 1 of them out because of the nightstand. We were also right around the corner from Laundry, so on a night we came back in early, I took advantage of using it to prevent from having a ton of laundry to do when we got home.

Love the pics, thanks for sharing. Glad you had a great time :).

Stayed in the Villas in room 1414. What a view! GF was top notch as usual and Disney in general is doing a tremendous job with making you feel as safe as possible. We had a blast; MK day, Disney Springs and an unbelievable meal at Narcoossee’s.

Glad you had a great trip :goodvibes.

Just returned from 4 awesome nights at the GF. First time staying there and overall, we loved it! Here are some things of note from our stay.

Thanks for your detailed review. Glad you had a great time and enjoyed your first GF stay :).

It's check in day!

Hope you're having a great time! :wizard:

DD and I had such a great time that we booked again for a trip in May and were lucky enough to snag another studio, this time for our full stay, at VGF...So excited! DH will be joining us this time and we can't wait!

I wish there were robes in the room. Not sure if they were pre-COVID but at a 5-star resort, I sort of expect it.

None of the DVC rooms ever had robes. The cash side of VGF did, and they sold them. I agree this is expected at a 5* resort.

This is one of my annoyances with the "deluxe" DVC and one of the reasons I got an owner's locker. What $800/night room (pre-Covid) has no robe???

None of the DVC rooms ever had robes. The cash side of VGF did, and they sold them. I agree this is expected at a 5* resort.

This is one of my annoyances with the "deluxe" DVC and one of the reasons I got an owner's locker. What $800/night room (pre-Covid) has no robe???

Actually, they did provide bathrobes at VGF! VGF was the only DVC Villa to provide them. As a matter of fact, I was there in a Studio in November and there were 2 robes in our closet!! :cloud9:

Just to add a video from YouTube from August of last year, she even points them out in the closet!

Actually, they did provide bathrobes at VGF! VGF was the only DVC Villa to provide them. As a matter of fact, I was there in a Studio in November and there were 2 robes in our closet!!

WHAT!!!! I HAVE BEEN LIED TO!!!

Poly def has no robes. Well, even better when my VGF contract closes then. Someday I'll see that steam shower in the grand villa too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter