Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

WHAT!!!! I HAVE BEEN LIED TO!!!

Poly def has no robes. Well, even better when my VGF contract closes then. Someday I'll see that steam shower in the grand villa too!

Right, only VGF provided robes. The only other time you will see robes at other resorts (and even slippers!), is if you are staying CL! Good luck and congrats!!

WHAT!!!! I HAVE BEEN LIED TO!!!

Poly def has no robes. Well, even better when my VGF contract closes then. Someday I'll see that steam shower in the grand villa too!

Also, VGF was the only DVC resort to also have out the Nespresso cappuccino and espresso machine right in the lobby!! It was so nice to grab on the way out in the morning! Seems as if they took that away too since Covid ☹

I was trying to play around with new dates for my 30th Anniversary. Currently I am booked for June 1st and we would be there for the actually day the "2nd" but we might have to change and make it the June 6th. This would allow us to celebrate with our kids and leave afterwards, but..........The HOTEL IS SOLD OUT!!! How can this be!!! Is it because of the 25% occupancy, does anyone think I'll get the chance to switch???? Sooooo upset!!!!

I was trying to play around with new dates for my 30th Anniversary. Currently I am booked for June 1st and we would be there for the actually day the "2nd" but we might have to change and make it the June 6th. This would allow us to celebrate with our kids and leave afterwards, but..........The HOTEL IS SOLD OUT!!! How can this be!!! Is it because of the 25% occupancy, does anyone think I'll get the chance to switch???? Sooooo upset!!!!

Does seems strange doesn’t it. Highly unlikely they’d be sold out at this point, especially given weak travel demand and no discounts out for that time of year yet.

I’m going to go with Disney booking website flukiness or Disney holding back inventory for some reason.

I’d keep checking.

None of the DVC rooms ever had robes. The cash side of VGF did, and they sold them. I agree this is expected at a 5* resort.

This is one of my annoyances with the "deluxe" DVC and one of the reasons I got an owner's locker. What $800/night room (pre-Covid) has no robe???
Ah i see! We stayed in the non-DVC side though! Do they normally have robes?

Does seems strange doesn’t it. Highly unlikely they’d be sold out at this point, especially given weak travel demand and no discounts out for that time of year yet.

I’m going to go with Disney booking website flukiness or Disney holding back inventory for some reason.

I’d keep checking.

Thank you so much, you've given me hope.

I agree with GADisneyDad that it's probably a website glitch or Disney holding back inventory as I can't see the resort being sold out already. There are still a lot of people who aren't comfortable traveling yet, so I'd keep checking as I think availability will open up. Good luck! :)

There was a report this week on the YC/BC thread that the showers in the bathrooms by the pool were back open (Disney had closed these property-wide shortly after reopening given COVID restrictions).

If anyone happens to be at GF now or soon and can report on the GF pool restroom showers, I'd appreciate it! I know they were closed when we were there earlier this month, just curious if they've recently changed it. Thanks!

Ah i see! We stayed in the non-DVC side though! Do they normally have robes?
The GF non cl rooms do not get robes.

Sl and RPC do.

DD and I missed our robes at CR and GF this year. Miss our cl perks.

However the rooms and the halls all looked the same so often I forgot I wasn';t cl .

I believe last room refurb was 2014.
I tried good ol' Google, but different sites are coming up with differing info. I thought there were rumblings of a hard refurb coming in '21 or '22, but that was before covid hit.

I tried good ol' Google, but different sites are coming up with differing info. I thought there were rumblings of a hard refurb coming in '21 or '22, but that was before covid hit.

I know the villas are scheduled for a soft refurb in 2021.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!