(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back today and happy to say the tree was finished today. Beautiful! Actually got to watch it being assembled last night. Anyway the Grand is as beautiful as ever. On the down side none of my room requests were met but what the heck I was still there! Our room was in Conch Key, 7409 and 7405 and the view was lovely facing the water with a great view of the monorail. Ask for this room as a request you won't be disappointed. Last night in the Magic Kingdom was so crowded. Impossible to move around . All in all had a fantastic time and sad to be home

How has the monorail been lately? Has anyone had any issues.

I truly wish the boat was bigger (like the one WL uses) it would make staying at the Grand a little easier. I have to say we just stayed at WL and the boat was a pleasure not having to fold up the stroller and not having to wait for another boat because the boat is small. Truly wish for deluxe pricing the grand would have a bigger boat too

Just got back today and happy to say the tree was finished today. Beautiful! Actually got to watch it being assembled last night. Anyway the Grand is as beautiful as ever. On the down side none of my room requests were met but what the heck I was still there! Our room was in Conch Key, 7409 and 7405 and the view was lovely facing the water with a great view of the monorail. Ask for this room as a request you won't be disappointed. Last night in the Magic Kingdom was so crowded. Impossible to move around . All in all had a fantastic time and sad to be home
That is the room location I requested and didn't receive but ended up in BC and had a beautiful view of the courtyard pool. Honestly I don't see how anyone can really go wrong, its a lovely resort.

Glad you had a great time.

I truly wish the boat was bigger (like the one WL uses) it would make staying at the Grand a little easier. I have to say we just stayed at WL and the boat was a pleasure not having to fold up the stroller and not having to wait for another boat because the boat is small. Truly wish for deluxe pricing the grand would have a bigger boat too

People like to jump ugly on the monorail, but pretty much all of my recent trips have been at monorail resorts and I can't think of a single time where a monorail delay or closure impacted our travels. I would consider ourselves heavy monorail users - we'll sometimes take a loop around just to ride it - and I tend to find things :thumbsup2.

Not saying delays or problems don't happen - they do - but it's pretty much our go-to form of transportation. Monorail hours are rather consistent too... no more of the odd late openings or mid-day closures from the last few years.

FWIW, on a couple of occasions this year I've seen the big boat running the GF/Poly/MK loop as opposed to the normal smaller launch. It was during the evening / night both times I saw it - not sure if they ran it due to crowds or mechanical issue with the regular boats?

We had the big boat from MK to GF one night - I was reminded how much longer it takes to board those things because of the much larger number of guests. We were at the MK dock for what seemed like forever! But you're right, not having to fold up the stroller is definitely nice!

FWIW, on a couple of occasions this year I've seen the big boat running the GF/Poly/MK loop as opposed to the normal smaller launch. It was during the evening / night both times I saw it - not sure if they ran it due to crowds or mechanical issue with the regular boats?
There is a boat guy that is so funny! I have had him several times and he jokes and pranks people the whole way.

However the 1st time I had one of the larger boats I asked him why and he said it was the pirate boat and they used it at night to help with the extra guests leaving . He also had leftover snacks from the Pirate thing that trip so I had some apple slices on the ride lol.

I do use the boat often and it is rare we don't make it on. It is not the best for park opening because it starts kind of late. However DH and I didn't care in Sept and rode it at 8:30 and we did get to the park in time for 9am opening.

Hi everyone! I’m surprising my 79yo MIL with a trip to GF for a birthday/Christmas gift. How are the 1st floor rooms in terms of privacy? I didn’t pay attention when I stayed there in February. Are we going to feel like we (and our belongings!) are on display? One reason why I dislike the values and moderates is the huge window that looks right into the room. We are going to be there 12/20-12/23 and will have an ECV. The only request I have right now is not to be placed in a room with a dormer. We need the extra space for the ECV!

Our room was in Conch Key, 7409 and 7405 and the view was lovely facing the water with a great view of the monorail. Ask for this room as a request you won't be disappointed.

That is what I am planning on requesting for our first stay at GF this coming summer! "Conch Key, Upper floor, NW facing." Glad it gets thumbs up.

Glad you had a great time :goodvibes.

That is the room location I requested and didn't receive but ended up in BC and had a beautiful view of the courtyard pool. Honestly I don't see how anyone can really go wrong, its a lovely resort.

I agree! ;)

Hi everyone! I’m surprising my 79yo MIL with a trip to GF for a birthday/Christmas gift. How are the 1st floor rooms in terms of privacy? I didn’t pay attention when I stayed there in February. Are we going to feel like we (and our belongings!) are on display? One reason why I dislike the values and moderates is the huge window that looks right into the room. We are going to be there 12/20-12/23 and will have an ECV. The only request I have right now is not to be placed in a room with a dormer. We need the extra space for the ECV!

What a great gift! First floor rooms are not like values/mods as they do have a little privacy. There is a patio that is closed in by foliage (I think a railing as well, but I'm not positive). If you go to the first page of this thread, you might be able to find some pics of the grounds where you can see first floor rooms/patios :).

What a great gift! First floor rooms are not like values/mods as they do have a little privacy. There is a patio that is closed in by foliage (I think a railing as well, but I'm not positive). If you go to the first page of this thread, you might be able to find some pics of the grounds where you can see first floor rooms/patios :).

I did see the pics and have been looking at touring plans. I was thinking 1st floor would be easiest with the ECV!

People like to jump ugly on the monorail, but pretty much all of my recent trips have been at monorail resorts and I can't think of a single time where a monorail delay or closure impacted our travels. I would consider ourselves heavy monorail users - we'll sometimes take a loop around just to ride it - and I tend to find things :thumbsup2.

Not saying delays or problems don't happen - they do - but it's pretty much our go-to form of transportation. Monorail hours are rather consistent too... no more of the odd late openings or mid-day closures from the last few years.

We had the big boat from MK to GF one night - I was reminded how much longer it takes to board those things because of the much larger number of guests. We were at the MK dock for what seemed like forever! But you're right, not having to fold up the stroller is definitely nice!

Our most recent trip to the grand was October 2016. So not that long ago. I am glad to hear it has been good for you. It was such a mess last time. Mid day closures. Monorail not working 1st thing. Even when we left plenty of time missed early breakfast because of it since the boat was packed with long lines... We were strained once at TTC basically because monorail was broken down and they did not have buses running had to take a cab. We stay at the WL this past October because of the delays at the grand and it was so super easy to get to MK from there. We have the Grand Booked for April we are hoping for the best with the monorails this upcoming trip

Our most recent trip to the grand was October 2016. So not that long ago. I am glad to hear it has been good for you. It was such a mess last time. Mid day closures. Monorail not working 1st thing. Even when we left plenty of time missed early breakfast because of it since the boat was packed with long lines... We were strained once at TTC basically because monorail was broken down and they did not have buses running had to take a cab. We stay at the WL this past October because of the delays at the grand and it was so super easy to get to MK from there. We have the Grand Booked for April we are hoping for the best with the monorails this upcoming trip

Yeah, I hear you. For every positive comment like mine someone will point out some really bad experiences too. I think I've just been lucky! But FWIW we do a lot of rope drops, PPO breakfasts, etc and have had zero problems with getting to the MK on time from GF or Poly in the past year.

Also, since you haven't stayed at a monorail resort since last year... the new security setup is :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:. It makes the whole MK process SO much better, especially in the mornings.

So everything is now up? Tree, garland, etc....?

Arriving Saturday and cant wait to see everything

Yeah, I hear you. For every positive comment like mine someone will point out some really bad experiences too. I think I've just been lucky! But FWIW we do a lot of rope drops, PPO breakfasts, etc and have had zero problems with getting to the MK on time from GF or Poly in the past year.

Also, since you haven't stayed at a monorail resort since last year... the new security setup is :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:. It makes the whole MK process SO much better, especially in the mornings.

Yes the security is nice for the MK but I heard you have to go thru security 2 times for epcot if you take the monorail.. one at GF monorail once at TTC that seems like something they would have to fix.

Yes the security is nice for the MK but I heard you have to go thru security 2 times for epcot if you take the monorail.. one at GF monorail once at TTC that seems like something they would have to fix.

It's actually once at the GF monorail and then again at the Epcot entrance. It is a pain, no doubt. An unfortunate byproduct of the exit ramp configuration there. I've made it a point to be bagless when we go to Epcot - the bag check there is a pain and often crowded, but the bagless security is much easier/quicker.

Cheeky GF question. We are there 13 - 23 december. I am hoping that the kids will be able to meet Santa there (even though its not Christmas Eve?) and maybe even victorian Mickey and Minnie?

Is this possible with these dates? Hoping to take some Christmas pictures for NEXT years's cards!

Thank you.

Cheeky GF question. We are there 13 - 23 december. I am hoping that the kids will be able to meet Santa there (even though its not Christmas Eve?) and maybe even victorian Mickey and Minnie?

Is this possible with these dates? Hoping to take some Christmas pictures for NEXT years's cards!

Thank you.
Not sure about GF sorry. However Santa is in HS in Once Upon A Toy. I read that somewhere but don't know actual times. It shouldn;t be too hard to find if you decide on that.

It's actually once at the GF monorail and then again at the Epcot entrance. It is a pain, no doubt. An unfortunate byproduct of the exit ramp configuration there. I've made it a point to be bagless when we go to Epcot - the bag check there is a pain and often crowded, but the bagless security is much easier/quicker.

Do they check your bags at TTC too???? i read that they do..

if so I'm just going to minnie van or uber it to epcot it sounds like a a lot of work lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter