(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We leave in 4 weeks for our first stay at the GF. What are some favourite resort activities/areas not to be missed ?

Check the days and time for the Princess Promenade!
f1c329cc-cf9c-4cb4-bd01-4bdbf04d8901-jpeg.325267

The boat goes MK- GF - Poly in a continuous loop. I use it often either to get somewhere or just for fun.

I love to follow the EWP!
0658f68b-02c0-4f5f-afa2-8e8555320db6-jpeg.326301
4fbe0f0f-5fdd-4afd-8e42-7b09e7199c49-jpeg.326302

488bc30e-c089-470f-94db-c6e6863890b4-jpeg.326303
0e665fcb-0ed3-4eda-88c7-5c9a36fae114-jpeg.326304

Anyone that likes turn down nightly just let them know at check in, we haven’t had any issues.

Good to know it's this easy to do!

We leave in 4 weeks for our first stay at the GF. What are some favourite resort activities/areas not to be missed ?

Trish and Mickey Nut already gave you some great ideas...I do have a few to add...:earsgirl:
Watch the firworks from the marina area..or over by the boat dock...music is piped in at Narcoosees which is by the boat dock...both places lovely to watch from...
Time getting on the water launch for a little cruise...as Trish suggested..at the time the fireworks will be going off...its great to watch them from the lagoon...

Spend time in the lobby in the evening enjoying the ambiance and the music..its delightful....so is grabbing a drink in Mizners at that time...

GF is such a lovely resort...have a terrific trip!

Morning, I wasn't in CL but I called housekeeping the first day after showering for dinner and asked for turn down and she asked me if I wanted it the entire stay. Of course I said yes and every evening we received it.

I'm so glad to hear the consistency of this...I think turn down service is such a great touch...its one of those things that makes a GF stay extra special!

Happy Thursday GF friends! princess:

Good to know it's this easy to do!

Trish and Mickey Nut already gave you some great ideas...I do have a few to add...:earsgirl:
Watch the firworks from the marina area..or over by the boat dock...music is piped in at Narcoosees which is by the boat dock...both places lovely to watch from...
Time getting on the water launch for a little cruise...as Trish suggested..at the time the fireworks will be going off...its great to watch them from the lagoon...

Spend time in the lobby in the evening enjoying the ambiance and the music..its delightful....so is grabbing a drink in Mizners at that time...

GF is such a lovely resort...have a terrific trip!

I'm so glad to hear the consistency of this...I think turn down service is such a great touch...its one of those things that makes a GF stay extra special!

Happy Thursday GF friends! princess:
Yep I love all those things too!

3 days til GF!

While it’s not at GF we always try to visit the horse barn at Fort Wilderness. It’s just a short walk from the boat dock (Contemporary/Wilderness/Fort Wilderness route). I think they’re doing something for Halloween with Headless Horseman as well but I think it’s a paid event. Looks like you’ll be there before us or I would update more on it!

Yep I love all those things too!

3 days til GF!

Have a wonderful trip! 44 days to go for us. :hourglass

While it’s not at GF we always try to visit the horse barn at Fort Wilderness. It’s just a short walk from the boat dock (Contemporary/Wilderness/Fort Wilderness route). I think they’re doing something for Halloween with Headless Horseman as well but I think it’s a paid event. Looks like you’ll be there before us or I would update more on it!

Have a wonderful trip! 44 days to go for us. :hourglass

What can you do at the horse barn? Pet horses? I love horses and would love this! Can you just show up?

What can you do at the horse barn? Pet horses? I love horses and would love this! Can you just show up?

When we’ve been before (not during Halloween) you could go inside the barn and see the horses. They are HUGE! There was also some self guided recordings of the horse breeds and the carriage that’s stored there. I’ll see if I can find some pictures that are small enough upload.

3 days til GF!

Hope you're having a great time! :wizard:

We’re here currently for our first time. My mom was a Contemporary fan. She has been swayed to the GF in less then 24 hours after checking in.

The GF is amazing! Glad you're having a nice time and enjoying your first GF stay :).

While it’s not at GF we always try to visit the horse barn at Fort Wilderness. It’s just a short walk from the boat dock (Contemporary/Wilderness/Fort Wilderness route).

I'll have to look into this when we go in Oct. We have an ADR at Trails End (first time there), so we'll take some time to check everything out ;).

44 days to go for us. :hourglass

You will be checking in before you know it :goodvibes.

It really is gorgeous and the CMs are amazing

I agree ::yes::.

When we’ve been before (not during Halloween) you could go inside the barn and see the horses. They are HUGE! There was also some self guided recordings of the horse breeds and the carriage that’s stored there.

My niece would love this! Thanks for posting this info :flower3:.

This has probably been addressed somewhere but does anyone know what time the band stops playing music in the lobby? Or is it random? I did not notice it on an activity sheet, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!