(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my desk top they are upside down but on phone correct so hope someone sees them ok??? LOL
@DisneyMomx7 sl pix
This is the spa and gym. See both poly and gf can use. Pic of building which is also across from VGF entrance.
9E5A3721-BCB6-422F-84E3-C36DF6381DFC.jpeg9649619D-0A89-4F63-9D06-3B4006E85E5C.jpeg

The GF vehicles :)

CA407042-4501-4DD0-ABC3-29F630FD07AF.jpeg

These are pix of Sugarloaf on marina side. My friend @BlueSkies told me about the tables outside doors facing marina so I got that pic.
Nice to have that seating!

81FE2957-6089-4D27-9B23-5D714E60585B.jpegD639E998-B3C4-4F1A-99B6-E45CD3138A1D.jpegD945A566-17C1-46B0-8A36-6440ED7D0391.jpeg953B952A-7CA4-444C-ABB9-D878BD0DF37C.jpeg0C16BF5B-006D-4B86-B25F-762BC0AE28CE.jpeg19306C0C-F13C-460A-92F9-B6ABD8FCC7BC.jpeg74467762-0353-44A6-9B87-5B5634D69E42.jpeg

Last edited:
That Francisco is so fun! He remembers us and made DD a healthy parfait for her birthday treat (said she couldnt have sparkling until later ,on a diet lol).

B32C0C1A-DB64-452C-9CD3-EA043426D659.jpeg
Potato leek soup, onion bread with turkey sandwiches !

C9A770DA-FB32-430D-B8D8-9F9A9FDE3067.jpeg
Must be 5pm!!!! Its wine time!!!
0A82EEBE-8D14-4A70-ABC0-F4E90AF17674.jpeg
Chicken wings and roasted cauliflower??? Yes please !
There was hot sauce for those who wanted it.

8CB46961-308E-4012-A179-48185EAD3282.jpeg
OK just a small treat after wings......
411673F9-8489-49FE-84A9-EFD402CB14D6.jpeg
Tea anyone?
5B878CCD-A5E0-45C9-A571-54DA898E90E7.jpeg
Apple pie shooter, key lime tart, cheesecake bites and carrot cake are some of tonights desserts.
306CF3C0-160B-4B70-B748-C4DC8D748DDA.jpeg
ME at noon so at 11am I had my goodbye GF sparkling.
0B1BEE4E-D8FC-469C-AD2F-533FF6074EBF.jpeg
DD;s scones waiting for her!
D6C7DA58-891F-46BE-9542-753AE451255A.jpeg

Last edited:
We had a nice family weekend! The cm's that know us know what we like and make it easy.

Over all food was good. There were new things and the big bowl of fruit at night was a nice addition.

Oh at midnight the coolers were full of sodas and water fyi.

@mrsap there were chicken nuggets one night for kids and mac n cheese the other. The uncrustables were out both afternoons too.

On my desk top they are upside down but on phone correct so hope someone sees them ok??? LOL
@DisneyMomx7 sl pix
This is the spa and gym. See both poly and gf can use. Pic of building which is also across from VGF entrance.
View attachment 480682View attachment 480683

The GF vehicles :)

View attachment 480684

These are pix of Sugarloaf on marina side. My friend @BlueSkies told me about the tables outside doors facing marina so I got that pic.
Nice to have that seating!

View attachment 480686

Well for me some are upside down and sideways BUT they're still fabulous since I'm having serious Disney withdrawls

Sound like a nice relaxing trip

Well for me some are upside down and sideways BUT they're still fabulous since I'm having serious Disney withdrawls

Sound like a nice relaxing trip
Dd doesn’t sit still! Sunday we woke up after time change at 8Am something, come on mom!

Legit got dressed, washed face, makeup, to lounge for a coffee then to MK cause we are diehard SM fans!

Dh stayed back and we met at 10:20 in lounge for breakfast before taken away at 10:30.

THEN while I was taking a quick nap dd again wants to go cause I had a fp for her @ SM and she had her ME at 6p.

She was begging for me to go so finally DH said he’d go. He did COP while she did her ride.

Then my friends came to wish her happy 25 so we had soup, scones , wine etc from 4-6. Dd and dh back around 4;15 so it was fun! Then we waited at ME stop until she left and we had 7DMT and off we went !

Then DH wanted to watch golf and I sat , oh wait I’ll post pic!

I had the freakin place to myself! I wandered around 4Th and 5th floor. I had desserts, listened to music, watched Ewp from balcony then HEA from lounge 3rd floor balcony.

My best life/night!

We had a nice family weekend! The cm's that know us know what we like and make it easy.

Over all food was good. There were new things and the big bowl of fruit at night was a nice addition.

@mrsap there were chicken nuggets one night for kids and mac n cheese the other. The uncrustables were out both afternoons too.

I’m so happy you and DD had a wonderful birthday trip!!!! Love your pictures!! 😍

My magic band just came today and it is BEAUTIFUL! It got here in 5 days from when I selected it. It was $20 instead of $30 since I upgraded from the standard colors that come with the room reservation. I haven't seen any pictures of it online so I thought I'd add it here for you guys in case you wanted to see it.

I’m so pleased you had such a nice weekend. The GF does provide a happy place for that sort of birthday adventure! You have lovely ideas!

We could all do with a little pampering in the lounge at the moment ... and afternoon tea ... and bubbles ... *sigh*

I’m so happy you and DD had a wonderful birthday trip!!!! Love your pictures!! 😍

Thanks!
My magic band just came today and it is BEAUTIFUL! It got here in 5 days from when I selected it. It was $20 instead of $30 since I upgraded from the standard colors that come with the room reservation. I haven't seen any pictures of it online so I thought I'd add it here for you guys in case you wanted to see it.

View attachment 480805
View attachment 480808
View attachment 480806
View attachment 480807

Cool band!
I’m so pleased you had such a nice weekend. The GF does provide a happy place for that sort of birthday adventure! You have lovely ideas!

We could all do with a little pampering in the lounge at the moment ... and afternoon tea ... and bubbles ... *sigh*
Agreed!

Curious myself, so I checked using the distance tool on Google Earth. Estimated distance from the southwest side of Sago Cay (where new path is to begin) to the front gate of MK measured 0.65 miles. Obviously, this distance is longer starting from the Courtyard Pool (0.75 miles) and DVC building (0.90 miles).

After a long day at MK, I would be more than willing to walk to GF and keep moving instead of waiting in a long line for the monorail.
That might be shorter than the distance from the Beach Club to DHS, or the distance between the Epcot entrance to the International Gateway. Have you tried to measure those distances for comparison?

We just returned from my daughter's wedding trip! We were upgraded to a Grand Villa, 1401, and it was perfect for getting ready for the wedding! After the rehearsal dinner, we enjoyed fireworks on the balcony.
There were 2 balconies, and we could see Epcot fireworks in the distance.
Master bedroom
jacuzzi
The shower also has a steam room in it...
Media room
4 bathrooms!
So, we invited more people over.

View attachment 480805
View attachment 480808
View attachment 480806
View attachment 480807

Thanks for sharing! I saw it on the MB ordering site and I wanted to order one for my DH! Looks even better when you can see the whole thing!! Enjoy it!

Good Afternoon

I am still in shock that our beloved Disney World and Disney Land are closing!!

I hope everyone is safe and sound, I hope nobody needed to cancel any upcoming trips!!. Fingers crossed everything gets back to normal soon and everyone is safe and healthy!!:wizard:

Hi there :wave:...hope things are well with you!

Oh I know! DH & I were booked to arrive this Saturday, but cancelled last week once park closures were announced. Looking at possibly rebooking for May, but have to look at dates :).

View from 4425 daytime and at EWP. That is Poly's version FYI.

Beautiful! :cloud9:

Cool band! :goodvibes

We just returned from my daughter's wedding trip! We were upgraded to a Grand Villa, 1401, and it was perfect for getting ready for the wedding! After the rehearsal dinner, we enjoyed fireworks on the balcony.
There were 2 balconies, and we could see Epcot fireworks in the distance. So, we invited more people over.

Beautiful villa! Thanks for sharing. Congratulations to your daughter :flower3:.

That might be shorter than the distance from the Beach Club to DHS, or the distance between the Epcot entrance to the International Gateway. Have you tried to measure those distances for comparison?

Just checked.... using the Google Earth ruler tool again and walking along the connector pathway, the distance from HS front gate to Boardwalk Luna Park Pool is approximately 0.70 miles, and to Beach Club Stormalong Bay is approximately 1.10 miles. (using pools, because they are centrally located within resort)

Distance from Beach Club Stormalaong Bay to EPCOT International Gateway measured approximately 0.30 miles, and Boardwalk main entrance from boardwalk to International Gateway measured approximately 0.40 miles.

And... Bay Lake Tower walkway to MK front gate measured approximately 0.45 miles.

Hi there :wave:...hope things are well with you!

Oh I know! DH & I were booked to arrive this Saturday, but cancelled last week once park closures were announced. Looking at possibly rebooking for May, but have to look at dates :).

Hi my friend....I am so sorry to hear your trip is canceled. My DH and I are schedule for early June & then back in October witht he kids....fingers crossed we get to go. Last year we barely traveled with our crazy schedule here at home. Looking forward to visit my happy place.

Everyone is good here, hope everyone is good with you and yours!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter