(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checked.... using the Google Earth ruler tool again and walking along the connector pathway, the distance from HS front gate to Boardwalk Luna Park Pool is approximately 0.70 miles, and to Beach Club Stormalong Bay is approximately 1.10 miles. (using pools, because they are centrally located within resort)
Thanks for doing the measurement. So the new walkway from GF to MK will be shorter than the walk from BC to DHS. People staying at the Epcot resorts walk to and from DHS all the time. So GF to MK will definitely doable. :)

Hi my friend....I am so sorry to hear your trip is canceled. My DH and I are schedule for early June & then back in October witht he kids....fingers crossed we get to go. Last year we barely traveled with our crazy schedule here at home. Looking forward to visit my happy place.

Everyone is good here, hope everyone is good with you and yours!!

Aww thanks! It's disappointing but we're looking at other dates and availability to see if we can reschedule. The funny thing is I had to reschedule 3 times to finally get a time that worked with my DH's schedule and now we're back to square one :laughing:. I'm looking at end of April into May, but it's so hard without knowing what's going to happen with closures. Airfare is amazing right now, so I'll probably grab flights and book a resort and just wait to see what happens. We fly SWA so no worries with losing money on airfare :).

Glad to hear everyone is good! Everyone here is good as well! I hope both your June & Oct trips pan out and you are able to get back to your happy place :goodvibes.

Hi friends. I had to cancel (rather WDW cancelled it for me) my belated bd trip this month, and am holding my breath (and holding out hope) that my mid-May trip is still a go. As you all know, it's very disappointing to have to cancel any trip but seems like cancelling Disney hurts more.
Stay safe and healthy!! And if you're like me, you're reading the Dis to get a little "infusion of happy".

Trish and Grannyminnie, I do hope that you are able to enjoy our happy place sooner rather than later. Our trip isn’t scheduled until December. At this stage, we are still a go. But I am seriously considering moving the booking to 2021. It does seem a minor thought in these times. Sensibly, we have closed our borders down here. It does make a WDW trip appear even further away, though.

I send my very best wishes to all GFers over there in the US. Please stay safe and stay healthy.

Trish and Grannyminnie, I do hope that you are able to enjoy our happy place sooner rather than later. Our trip isn’t scheduled until December. At this stage, we are still a go. But I am seriously considering moving the booking to 2021. It does seem a minor thought in these times. Sensibly, we have closed our borders down here. It does make a WDW trip appear even further away, though.

I send my very best wishes to all GFers over there in the US. Please stay safe and stay healthy.
I agree with your "minor thought" comment when one considers the enormity of this situation. We who frequent this forum find a bit of sunshine when we gather here and that's good. It's fun to talk about future trips, no matter how far away they may seem.

Hi friends. I had to cancel (rather WDW cancelled it for me) my belated bd trip this month, and am holding my breath (and holding out hope) that my mid-May trip is still a go. As you all know, it's very disappointing to have to cancel any trip but seems like cancelling Disney hurts more.
Stay safe and healthy!! And if you're like me, you're reading the Dis to get a little "infusion of happy".

I'm sorry your bday trip got cancelled. We are in the same situation as we got cancelled by Disney too, as DH & I were booked to arrive at WL this Sat. End of April/beginning of May is the best looking time for us to reschedule, but not sure Disney will be open by then. I haven't booked a resort yet, but have booked airfare for around that time as it was $90/pp roundtrip. I figured if the trip does go, we'll fly for very cheap; if not, we always fly SWA so no loss there. It's just tough not knowing what's going to happen. With that said, I hope your May trip goes as planned and you are able to enjoy your belated birthday trip :wizard:.

I'm sorry your bday trip got cancelled. We are in the same situation as we got cancelled by Disney too, as DH & I were booked to arrive at WL this Sat. End of April/beginning of May is the best looking time for us to reschedule, but not sure Disney will be open by then. I haven't booked a resort yet, but have booked airfare for around that time as it was $90/pp roundtrip. I figured if the trip does go, we'll fly for very cheap; if not, we always fly SWA so no loss there. It's just tough not knowing what's going to happen. With that said, I hope your May trip goes as planned and you are able to enjoy your belated birthday trip :wizard:.
Thanks so much. I read that your trip was upcoming and knew you were going to be a "victim" of the closing too.
You and your family stay well.

Thanks so much. I read that your trip was upcoming and knew you were going to be a "victim" of the closing too.
You and your family stay well.

You're welcome :)

Thank you! Same to you and your family, as well as to everyone else...hope everyone is well and doing ok through all of this :flower3:.

You too! :flower1:

I booked Memorial Weekend because it is past the 8 week mark . However who knows???

It is fun to plan at least. SOMEDAY we will all be back to our happy place.

I booked Memorial Weekend because it is past the 8 week mark . However who knows???

Mine is that lagoon view poly patio with HEA and EWP view!!!! Of course a pogmosa in hand as well!!!!

Or since this grand thread RPC with a sparkling listening to the band.. Maybe a nice scone with it too would be nice...... ahhhh dream away....

I hope things are up and going before then and you are able to take your trip! I agree, it is still fun to plan :goodvibes.

Mine is that lagoon view poly patio with HEA and EWP view!!!! Of course a pogmosa in hand as well!!!!

Or since this grand thread RPC with a sparkling listening to the band.. Maybe a nice scone with it too would be nice...... ahhhh dream away....

:cloud9:

We all need this Disney dreaming

::yes::

We have had 10 night stays at the GF for the past 2 years (June). When we were going to the MK early in the morning for Rope Drop we almost always had full monorails when they got to the GF. It wasn't a deal breaker as we usually squeezed in the first or second monorail that arrived at the station. However, that is really my only "complaint" about the resort. It is an amazing resort and I just can't imagine staying anywhere else.

We love Boca Chica but all of the buildings are amazing!!! Enjoy!
We've stayed many times at Grand but never in June. We most always do April, however, had to move it to June. Is it very rainy and was the heat bearable? Thank in advance.

We've stayed many times at Grand but never in June. We most always do April, however, had to move it to June. Is it very rainy and was the heat bearable? Thank in advance.

Well..... the biggest problem time was early afternoon right when we’d go swimming! You'll definitely get occasional thunderstorms, but haven’t typically lasted for long periods of time while we were there the last couple years. It’s definitely hot!! 🥵

Well, we’ve made the decision to move our trip to May 2021. *sigh*

Mom’s health will always come first. I’m not willing to risk that for anything. It may seem a long time to wait. But it allows us to plan and savour that planning for our next stay at our happy place. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter