(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we’ve made the decision to move our trip to May 2021. *sigh*

Mom’s health will always come first. I’m not willing to risk that for anything. It may seem a long time to wait. But it allows us to plan and savour that planning for our next stay at our happy place. :-)
Sorry, you have to do what you feel is best. We are booked for August but my husband may not want to go this year even if it is open.

Joining you all here with a heavy but hopeful heart now that our May Poly trip is cancelled. Initially we wanted to try a GF/Poly split stay but the dates didn't work out for availability. Now, trying to find silver linings in all this, we are thinking of revisiting that plan, and making it a Club Level split--our postponed Poly stay would have been our first CL stay. We want to give ourselves something to look forward to especially as things look so grim here in my hometown of NYC.

Right now we are thinking of the main building RPC for 3 nights and then Poly for 6, most likely next May. The room categories are kind of making my head spin though, I had no idea there were so many options. What kind of views do you typically get from main building standard? Is it worth upgrading the view, do you think? It's just two of us.

Joining you all here with a heavy but hopeful heart now that our May Poly trip is cancelled. Initially we wanted to try a GF/Poly split stay but the dates didn't work out for availability. Now, trying to find silver linings in all this, we are thinking of revisiting that plan, and making it a Club Level split--our postponed Poly stay would have been our first CL stay. We want to give ourselves something to look forward to especially as things look so grim here in my hometown of NYC.

Right now we are thinking of the main building RPC for 3 nights and then Poly for 6, most likely next May. The room categories are kind of making my head spin though, I had no idea there were so many options. What kind of views do you typically get from main building standard? Is it worth upgrading the view, do you think? It's just two of us.

Well, it seems as though the closure is until April 18th right now, so don’t give up on your trip just yet!!!! I think a castle view is worth it, but if you’re doing RPC, I’m sure you’ll spend a bulk of your time there! (And it has a castle view!) So you could probably save some money and just enjoy the view from the RPC lounge! Plenty of 2 seat tables by the windows! Enjoy!

Well, it seems as though the closure is until April 18th right now, so don’t give up on your trip just yet!!!! I think a castle view is worth it, but if you’re doing RPC, I’m sure you’ll spend a bulk of your time there! (And it has a castle view!) So you could probably save some money and just enjoy the view from the RPC lounge! Plenty of 2 seat tables by the windows! Enjoy!

We had already canceled even before the first closure announcement was made...gf has cystic fibrosis which means she is at risk, we don't feel safe traveling at all until this dies down. :( So we are trying to stay positive about postponing and giving ourselves even more to look forward to! I turn 40 next May too so this would be a really special treat.

I should have known the lounge would have a castle view lol. In light of that, maybe the most we would upgrade to is a King room.

We had already canceled even before the first closure announcement was made...gf has cystic fibrosis which means she is at risk, we don't feel safe traveling at all until this dies down. :( So we are trying to stay positive about postponing and giving ourselves even more to look forward to! I turn 40 next May too so this would be a really special treat.

I should have known the lounge would have a castle view lol. In light of that, maybe the most we would upgrade to is a King room.

I’m sorry you had to cancel, but your GF’s health is more important!!! I celebrated my 40th at RPC and it was magical!! I think you would love it!!!! Have fun planning!!

it's going to be an even better trip for you when you do get to go!!! RIght now your GF' health is far more important. I think we are going to wind up having to cancel and it makes me want to cry. but there are more important things going on in life. And on the upside, maybe we'll all get to ride Tron next year ~!

Well, std has 2 options , one is rooms 4x23-28 . They have views of poly and are above the main lobby. (I love these). Oh they also have a wet bar.

4x13-18 face the courtyard. Some (at least 17,18) have partial HEA views.
Std are closer to the food area vs TPV. Dh likes the view but I prefer being over the lobby, there is something about hearing the band from your room.

However a castle view is always nice.

My most recent stays in RPC were Nov, Dec, and March so go back a few pages . I usually post pix!

Literally 2 pages back I have pix. Lol 👍

Well, std has 2 options , one is rooms 4x23-28 . They have views of poly and are above the main lobby. (I love these). Oh they also have a wet bar.

4x13-18 face the courtyard. Some (at least 17,18) have partial HEA views.
Std are closer to the food area vs TPV. Dh likes the view but I prefer being over the lobby, there is something about hearing the band from your room.

However a castle view is always nice.

My most recent stays in RPC were Nov, Dec, and March so go back a few pages . I usually post pix!

Literally 2 pages back I have pix. Lol 👍

Somehow I liked every one of those posts and totally forgot! I have the memory of--ooh, squirrel! :rotfl2:

Wow, I had no idea that you could hear the band from your room! That almost seals it for us, lol! We will be fine seeing the castle from the lounge I think. And we will have TPV at the Poly afterwards anyway.

Well, we’ve made the decision to move our trip to May 2021. *sigh*

Mom’s health will always come first. I’m not willing to risk that for anything. It may seem a long time to wait. But it allows us to plan and savour that planning for our next stay at our happy place. :-)

It seems like a long wait now, but the time will go fast and you'll be heading to your happy place before you know it :goodvibes.

Right now we are thinking of the main building RPC for 3 nights and then Poly for 6, most likely next May.

I think a Poly CL/GF RPC split is a great idea! Hope things work out for your trip next May :wizard:.

I think a castle view is worth it, but if you’re doing RPC, I’m sure you’ll spend a bulk of your time there! (And it has a castle view!) So you could probably save some money and just enjoy the view from the RPC lounge! Plenty of 2 seat tables by the windows! Enjoy!

:thumbsup2:

I'm sorry you had to cancel, but as others have said, your gf's health is more important :).

Well, std has 2 options , one is rooms 4x23-28 . They have views of poly and are above the main lobby. (I love these).

That's my fav view! :cloud9:

Wow, I had no idea that you could hear the band from your room!

That's one of the (many) things I love about staying RPC :goodvibes.

Somehow I liked every one of those posts and totally forgot! I have the memory of--ooh, squirrel! :rotfl2:

Wow, I had no idea that you could hear the band from your room! That almost seals it for us, lol! We will be fine seeing the castle from the lounge I think. And we will have TPV at the Poly afterwards anyway.
Request 4x23-28 then.

You can hear the music through the door but I use the bar lock to prop open that little bit and do my hair and make up before Appetizers,

Ahhh

My pix of 4418 were back Dec 2017 if needed on GF thread.

More RPC probably May 2018 and 2019 , those were both 4x23-28 rooms.

We just returned from my daughter's wedding trip! We were upgraded to a Grand Villa, 1401, and it was perfect for getting ready for the wedding! After the rehearsal dinner, we enjoyed fireworks on the balcony.
There were 2 balconies, and we could see Epcot fireworks in the distance.
View attachment 481322View attachment 481323
Master bedroom
View attachment 481324
jacuzzi
View attachment 481325View attachment 481326
View attachment 481327
The shower also has a steam room in it...
Media room
View attachment 481328
View attachment 481329
4 bathrooms!
View attachment 481330
View attachment 481331
So, we invited more people over.
What day was the wedding? I was at gf 3/6-9.

Love these pix. I don’t know how I missed them!

Hi GF friends.

As I sit here and think of the memories from the times we spent at the Grand, I remember Richard, and the Teddy Bear Lady (Lynn). I have such fond memories to talking with them as well as CM members that we came to know.

For all of you who had to cancel your plans to the GF and WDW, remember, "all good things come to those who wait." When you re-book your WDW vacations, I hope you have a magical time and sprinkled with lots a pixie dust.

Stay well my friends!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter