Disney's Magical Express -- Luggage Tag Info

We are a party of 9 in 2 rooms, but I just booked all 9 MDE under my reservation number since we're all on the same flight. So, I assume all of the luggage will be delivered to my room? Is there anything on the tags that allows me to note the other reservation # for half of our party?
When you complete the form online you can enter each confirmation number separately, along with each person in that room

We are a party of 9 in 2 rooms, but I just booked all 9 MDE under my reservation number since we're all on the same flight. So, I assume all of the luggage will be delivered to my room? Is there anything on the tags that allows me to note the other reservation # for half of our party?
It's always been my understanding that a ride on DME has to be associated with the room reservation that the rider is booked under. The name of the rider has to be on the reservation to be entitled to the ride.

Each room should have it's own DME reservations. You can imput each different reservation number. Otherwise, there could be an issue. Each person has to show on the resort reservation that is listed in order to get the ride/luggage handling. I would go back and redo the info. You will have to do two different reservations though...one for each group in each room.

This is more of an MCO airport question.

We are flying in on Delta/Westjet, so Airside B gates 70-99 arrivals. Is MDE on the ground floor on Airside B by the baggage claim? For some reason I was thinking we would have to change terminals to A...

Just wanted to report back. We had a Friday flight and a Saturday reservation, and stayed off site 1 night. We had transportation back to MCO Saturday morning, and we simply got in line with everyone else for the ME, with our luggage. No one even asked us anything. It was absolutely not an issue.

This is more of an MCO airport question.

We are flying in on Delta/Westjet, so Airside B gates 70-99 arrivals. Is MDE on the ground floor on Airside B by the baggage claim? For some reason I was thinking we would have to change terminals to A...
It's down a level from Baggage Claim but it is on A side.

30 Days out, no yellow luggage tags. Other trips I've received them months in advance. Should I be concerned and call, or wait longer?

30 Days out, no yellow luggage tags. Other trips I've received them months in advance. Should I be concerned and call, or wait longer?
We just got ours and it was about 26 days out. That's was from a TA though. Are yours coming direct?

I would call Magic Express and ask if they have been send.

I received me tags and I later added another person, I did not receive the second tags as fast as the first ones. I called and she could tell me when the second one were send.

Touched base with ME. Documents have already shipped, just waiting for them to arrive. Thanks for the help.

We flew SWA into MCO about 4:20 pm on last Wednesday. Had a DME reservation and utilized the luggage delivery service via the “yellow tags” that are provided. During check in at the resort, I got a cell phone call from an unidentified number. I ignored it at the time and listened to the VM that was left once we got to our room. It was DME asking me to call them back regarding “some bags”. Instantly, I assumed the worst. I called the number and the lady who answered asked me to describe our bags because there were no tags on them. She said they would send over right away. They arrived within an hour. Sure enough, one of the two bags did not have ANY external identification whatsoever. I can only imagine what the bag went through to have everything ripped off. I was pretty impressed that they found me and delivered my bags.

Does everyone in our party have to check in to DME at the same time? We are scheduled to arrive at 9:55 pm and I am worried that our checked bag will not arrive at our resort until the next morning (or in the middle of the night). I was thinking of claiming our bag while my hubby and the kids head straight to DME. Anyone know if it will be an issue for me to get there separately from them?

Does everyone in our party have to check in to DME at the same time? We are scheduled to arrive at 9:55 pm and I am worried that our checked bag will not arrive at our resort until the next morning (or in the middle of the night). I was thinking of claiming our bag while my hubby and the kids head straight to DME. Anyone know if it will be an issue for me to get there separately from them?
No. You don't have to all go together.
It's not uncommon for people staying in 1 room to arrive on different flights.
You could end up on a different bus than them, of course.

I'm so confused. This is our first trip to Disney World, and I have not done a lot of reading up on it. I didn't get any "yellow tags". I did get two tags with Disney characters on them with our Magic Bands. Is that what I'm supposed to put on our luggage? Or do I really need some sort of yellow tag that was supposed to come? We leave a week from Saturday.

-
I'm so confused. This is our first trip to Disney World, and I have not done a lot of reading up on it. I didn't get any "yellow tags". I did get two tags with Disney characters on them with our Magic Bands. Is that what I'm supposed to put on our luggage? Or do I really need some sort of yellow tag that was supposed to come? We leave a week from Saturday.

Those aren't the DME tags; they're just regular luggage tags that you put your name and address on. The DME tags look like the tags that the airline puts on your luggage, except they're yellow and have the name of your hotel on it rather than the airport code. It doesn't sound like you signed up for DME. You need to call 866-599-0951 to sign up - I think you should have enough time to get the tags, but even if you don't, you can still use DME as well as the luggage delivery service. You don't need the luggage tags to use DME - once you're signed up, you just need to go to the DME counter and they'll scan your magic band. If you don't get the DME tags, you just need to give them the receipts from your checked luggage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!