Disney's policy about returning points due to this virus?

Does anyone know what other vacation clubs or timeshares are doing?
I own Worldmark, and my family owns Marriott Vacation Club. I don't have any Worldmark trips booked until December, and MVC until January '21.
There's no news from either of those that I have seen outside of the normal "we're cleaning our resorts more than usual! We're taking care of our staff by doing xyz!". The vacation ownership industry is in a wait-and-see how long the closure ends up being mode. Which the Fb groups I'm in for owners of those groups, I see a lot of similar complaints to DVC from people who do have March/April/May trips booked, they are getting their points and HK tokens back, but availability at the resorts everyone wants are gone for the next 12-13 months (to be fair, they always are).
Good question though. We tend to think that DVC is unique or better, and in some ways they are definitely a superior product, but in the end its a timeshare, and to compare apples to apples, Hilton Grand Vacations Club and Marriott Vacation Club might be one of the better places to look to.
Mostly I've been watching Shanghai Disney to try to play the "when will the resorts/parks reopen" game myself ...

Does anyone know what other vacation clubs or timeshares are doing?
I own points at Wyndham, plus a couple of fixed weeks and a couple of floating weeks.

For Wyndham, normally: There is no notion of "holding" points, but you must cancel before 15 days or lose all points. Borrowed points for a cancelled reservation are automatically returned to the year from which they were borrowed. Banking deadlines depend on ownership tier: resale-only or low-point owners must bank within the first 3 months of their UY, and owners with larger #s of points purchased directly from Wyndham can bank within the first 6, 9, or 12 months of the year depending on how many they own. All owners can deposit points to RCI up to the last day of the use year.. There are transaction fees for many activities (banking, RCI depsoits, and reservations beyond some number per year; and guest certificates beyond some number per year).

For reservations through May 31, owners can cancel up to the day before check-in, rather than the normal 15 days, and get all points back. Reservation transactions for those are refunded, as are those for any owner who banked after March 15. All owners have banking deadlines extended to the end of the current UY. Points due to expire will automatically be deposited to RCI rather than let expire, with no fee.

The fixed weeks are use-them-or-lose-them. I deposited both of my 2020 weeks in RCI back in late 2019--I've never used them, only exchanged them, though that might change in 2021 as they are summer weeks at a resort I can drive to, so that removes the need to get on a plane next year. The floating weeks are booked at the last two weeks of the year, so they can't be pushed out any farther. Those we will either use or deposit to RCI, but I would much rather use them. They are Kauai oceanfront, and they are worth more to use than they are as deposits, but I don't have a lot of confidence we will be able to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter