Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We tried to tip and it wouldn't allow it.

When was your trip?

A few months ago Disney changed Minnie Van drivers to be a tipped position, so they can now accept cash tips. Prior to that, you’re right, they were supposed to say no.

You can also tip in the Lyft app, although it takes awhile before it ever actually gets processed through Lyft, then through Disney, then to the CM.

I had a really long Minnie Van ride trying to get to the MK the morning of the Princess Half back in Feb... since we had an hours worth of traffic to sit through.... I learned the entire

When was your trip?

A few months ago Disney changed Minnie Van drivers to be a tipped position, so they can now accept cash tips. Prior to that, you’re right, they were supposed to say no.

You can also tip in the Lyft app, although it takes awhile before it ever actually gets processed through Lyft, then through Disney, then to the CM.

I had a really long Minnie Van ride trying to get to the MK the morning of the Princess Half back in Feb... since we had an hours worth of traffic to sit through.... I learned the entire
Ahh, it must have changed since then. This was in December when we tried (and asked CM). We took another in March, but just assumed we couldn't tip.

Ahh, it must have changed since then. This was in December when we tried (and asked CM). We took another in March, but just assumed we couldn't tip.

I had a really long Minnie Van ride in Feb trying to get to the MK the morning of the Princess Half. In that nearly hour long journey (which was crazy in itself), I learned way more about Minnie Vans than I ever really cared to know!!!

Thats what I figured. I am trying to see why you would choose the Minnie van over one of those options
Thats easy for me.

1) Im on vacation:woohoo:
2) its so cute::MinnieMo
3) the drivers are disney people and dressed nice, know where they are going and know what s new happening which could be handy for those that don't go often. :car:
( I have used a taxi a few times and no the drivers can not compare.)
4) They also have chargers in the back seat if needed.:thumbsup2
5) ITS A MINI VAN THAT LOOKS LIKE MINNIE MOUSE ::MinnieMo

However if you don't need any of those things it can be cheaper the other ways.:thumbsup2

They cant accept CASH tips. You tip in the app. Fyi

Not sure when they added that just I know I have done it. I can still see my trips and amount paid in the app and I tipped for sure.

Are autograph books available in the Poly gift shop? I’m trying to determine if I should purchase one prior to our trip or if I can just get it there.

They cant accept CASH tips. You tip in the app. Fyi

Not sure when they added that just I know I have done it. I can still see my trips and amount paid in the app and I tipped for sure.

They should be able to accept cash since they changed them to tippable positions. Or at least none have ever said no to me! :rotfl:

Thats easy for me.

3) the drivers are disney people and dressed nice, know where they are going and know what s new happening which could be handy for those that don't go often. :car:

However if you don't need any of those things it can be cheaper the other ways.:thumbsup2

This is hilarious, and so true.

I must say, with one exception, our Minnie Van drivers have been among the best CMs we have ever encountered at WDW. Professional, funny, they actually KNOW Disney well, etc, etc. I’ve written Disney a few times noting drivers that I thought were exceptional. It has been a very pleasant surprise when using the service so far.

This is hilarious, and so true.

I must say, with one exception, our Minnie Van drivers have been among the best CMs we have ever encountered at WDW. Professional, funny, they actually KNOW Disney well, etc, etc. I’ve written Disney a few times noting drivers that I thought were exceptional. It has been a very pleasant surprise when using the service so far.

I could swear I read on some blog or heard on a podcast that the Minnie Vans are the hot ticket among CM positions and only very experienced ones get those jobs. It would explain the rave reviews they get!

I would imagine Minnie Vans also offer peace of mind for guests who aren’t used to ride shares back home or who distrust them. My mom refuses to take an Uber anywhere because she’s scared of the drivers, and she’s a native New Yorker! She would be square in the demographic for a Minnie Van, if she were coming with us this time. But since partner and I don’t have kids, and we use Uber/Lyft all the time at home, we’ll just use a MV once for the novelty. Plus I can use my commuter benefit from work on Uber rides. Not so much on Minnie, lol!

Last edited:
I could swear I read on some blog or heard on a podcast that the Minnie Vans are the hot ticket among CM positions and only very experienced ones get those jobs. It would explain the rave reviews they get!

I would imagine Minnie Vans also offer piece of mind for guests who aren’t used to ride shares back home or who distrust them. My mom refuses to take an Uber anywhere because she’s scared of the drivers, and she’s a native New Yorker! She would be square in the demographic for a Minnie Van, if she were coming with us this time. But since partner and I don’t have kids, and we use Uber/Lyft all the time at home, we’ll just use a MV once for the novelty. Plus I can use my commuter benefit from work on Uber rides. Not so much on Minnie, lol!
Yes, peace of mind for sure!! The one time we used the Minnie Van was moving from one resort to another. My daughter was really sick that day. Ordinarily we would have taken an Uber, but I felt some of peace of mind, in the event she got sick on the ride, that we were using Disney transportation and not a stranger's car (I had a bag along just in case but I figured the Disney CM might be slightly more sympathetic than a random driver)!

Thats easy for me.

These are the exact reasons why my daughter and I are pathetically excited to ride in the Minnie Vans during our trip in September!

Are autograph books available in the Poly gift shop? I’m trying to determine if I should purchase one prior to our trip or if I can just get it there.

Yes they have them right at the register at the Boutiki shop on the first floor. They also had (right with the autograph books) the pressed penny collecting books.

Thats what I figured. I am trying to see why you would choose the Minnie van over one of those options

As someone who just returned from a 10 day trip where we used Uber, Lyft, normal Disney transportation and Minnie Vans the reason we often ended up preferring Minnie Vans was because you always knew basically what kind of car you were getting, the drivers were always safe (we've had some scary Uber rides), they occasionally can drop you in places other ride shares and taxis can't and without exception every single one of the dozen or so Minnie Van drivers we've had have been exceptional. They were without a doubt the best CM interactions we had the entire trip. We learned to find out what their particular "expertise" was and wound up having some fascinating conversations.

As two adults with no need for the extra room or car seats it was definitely a luxury for us but one we decided was worth it enough to budget for in future trips. There were some drawbacks, they can be hard to get at busy times (rope drop and closings) and their pick up and drop off spots can be tricky to locate and are mostly not marked. They're having debates with Lyft about signage we were told.

edit: And the drivers took either cash tips or tips through the app.

They have autograph books at the resort gift shop and most others.

However, I'd suggest going elsewhere anyway. Most of the Disney official autograph books are kinda meh. I have found totally awesome cute ones elsewhere, like Etsy, that are cheaper, have better cardstock for signing, and have more pages if you're going to go character-intensive.

Hello fellow Poly vistors.

So I recently had to change my trip around.

I had 6 nights booked DVC at the wilderness lodge ( first time there ). I added a 7th night to my trip, but we can't get the 7th night. I didn't want to take any chances, and end up with no room, or having to last resort it at a value lol

So basically, POLY DVC standard view opened up.

So now I changed it to my last 3 nights at poly! So 4 nights at wilderness and 3 nights at poly. I have never been to either and I have never done a spilt stay, so hopefully this was the right decision.

Poly looks so nice and different from wilderness, so I really think this is the best option, and also gives me enough nights at each resort to enjoy

I requested a high floor at anything but pago pago, since I don't have a car. Hope thats the right decision also

I'm excited!

Last edited:
Hello fellow Poly vistors.

So I recently had to change my trip around.

I had 6 nights booked DVC at the wilderness lodge ( first time there ). I added a 7th night to my trip, but we can't get the 7th night. I didn't want to take any chances, and end up with no room, or having to last resort it at a value lol

So basically, POLY standard view opened up.

So now I changed it to my last 3 nights at poly! So 4 nights at wilderness and 3 nights at poly. I have never been to either and I have never done a spilt stay, so hopefully this was the right decision.

Poly looks so nice and different from wilderness, so I really think this is the best option, and also gives me enough nights at each resort to enjoy

I requested a high floor at anything buy pago pago, since I don't have a car. Hope thats the right decision also

I'm excited!

Enjoy the Poly. :-)

Poly Relax.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter