Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also reserved a cabana for our resort day. We have it for the full day and then that night we’re going to MNSSHP. Even though there’s only two of us, they looked comfy and nice and I think it’s worth the price to not have to watch a pool chair all day. We’re going to see if they’ll deliver the Twilight Feast there! (If not, we do have a reservation for the restaurant just in case)

Am back from my Poly visit which always seems to fly by too fast. I checked the Guest (Non DVC) laundry area and it turns out the current offerings are completely different than my previous visits. They now offer only one kind of detergent which is "Ares free and green" it says on the box that its free and clear of dyes. There are several rows in the vending machine of this and the bottom two rows are "Ares free and green fabric sheets" Both are $1.00 per box which will do one load for the detergent and two loads for the sheets. I took a picture of the laundry room vending machine with my phone but the dis boards website says the file with the photo is too big to upload. Here is a link to a page that shows the detergent box. My stay was shorter this time so I did not do any laundry.

https://www.nortonsupply.com/products/ares-green-preference-laundry-powder-coin-vend
Hello! I hope you had a magical time. All the planning ( which is part of the fun) and the actual trip itself does fly by too fast. Thank you so much for this information. I am really surprised the whole vending machine is one kind! I don't think I would use the sheets. I would have to read up on that one. I am nw in the FP booking timeframe so its getting closer for me. Cant wait to be at the Poly again. :)

It sounds like you've made up your mind already, but we rented a poolside patio on several days in May and always had plenty of shade. We loved it! We normally didn't use it until noon or after but it was really nice to have our own family space and not be looking around to find chairs in some shade together (which would't have been possible to find except on a rainy afternoon). There's a baby in our family so it was great to be able to park the stroller in the shade while she napped. And when it did rain for a bit that afternoon, we were happily under cover enjoying our drinks while the kids played in the rainy pool - no lightning of course. We even had a family pizza dinner in the space with pizza delivered from the outside. Personally, we couldn't have had several days of a "cabana" if they had been the ones like GF - $$$$.

What stops people from not trying to sit in them? Did other people attempt to do that?

Now I am reconsidering lol. I am going in the summer but more worried about it raining and I wouldn't need it. I would only do half day though

What stops people from not trying to sit in them? Did other people attempt to do that?

Now I am reconsidering lol. I am going in the summer but more worried about it raining and I wouldn't need it. I would only do half day though

There is a table marker sign in a plastic case on each table with the name of the family who reserved it. We did not see any evidence that anyone had used ours on the days we arrived later. The towels were all dry and fresh and neatly laid on the seats (including a hidden Mickey set of towels:)

Keep in mind that a half-day in the afternoon begins at 3:00 pm. We knew we were having shorter park days on our cabana days so we went ahead and booked full days. That way we could show up at 1:00 and begin using it immediately. And as I said - it was great to have in the rain! The rain ended in about an hour and we were completely dry that whole time in the cabana. Otherwise we might have just been stuck in our room. I believe they have a 24-hour cancellation policy so if it looked like tropical storm type of rain coming, you could cancel in advance of your cabana day.

There is a table marker sign in a plastic case on each table with the name of the family who reserved it. We did not see any evidence that anyone had used ours on the days we arrived later. The towels were all dry and fresh and neatly laid on the seats (including a hidden Mickey set of towels:)

Keep in mind that a half-day in the afternoon begins at 3:00 pm. We knew we were having shorter park days on our cabana days so we went ahead and booked full days. That way we could show up at 1:00 and begin using it immediately. And as I said - it was great to have in the rain! The rain ended in about an hour and we were completely dry that whole time in the cabana. Otherwise we might have just been stuck in our room. I believe they have a 24-hour cancellation policy so if it looked like tropical storm type of rain coming, you could cancel in advance of your cabana day.

Thank you. I am going beginning of August, so my plan was to keep it as a home base. Keep my sneakers there or whatever, and swap out between pools. I am not concerned about someone taking my sneakers lol. It's my main pool day so I wanna try both pools out. I just assume the main pool will be much more crowded. I will take morning half day though and not afternoon

Thank you. I am going beginning of August, so my plan was to keep it as a home base. Keep my sneakers there or whatever, and swap out between pools. I am not concerned about someone taking my sneakers lol. It's my main pool day so I wanna try both pools out. I just assume the main pool will be much more crowded. I will take morning half day though and not afternoon
If you are concerned about your belongings, you can purchase anti theft beach bag like a KYSS bag, a Pacsafe bag, or a beach bag lock. I chose to buy a Lands End zipper beach bag with a lock and a cord which would attach to furniture to keep my belongings from being stolen while I am in the pool.

That is kind of what we did. The Lava pool was super busy in the afternoon. We could find a chair here and there but there wouldn't have been enough for our party of 9 + baby. So we set up in the covered patio at the Oasis pool and then someone would take whatever kids wanted to go to the lava pool over there and then come back. We had all of our food and drink by the Oasis pool. We were staying CL which made it really handy to get snacks and drinks and bring them out to the cabana since Hawaii is right by the Oasis pool.

Hello fellow Poly vistors.

So I recently had to change my trip around.

I had 6 nights booked DVC at the wilderness lodge ( first time there ). I added a 7th night to my trip, but we can't get the 7th night. I didn't want to take any chances, and end up with no room, or having to last resort it at a value lol

So basically, POLY DVC standard view opened up.

So now I changed it to my last 3 nights at poly! So 4 nights at wilderness and 3 nights at poly. I have never been to either and I have never done a spilt stay, so hopefully this was the right decision.

Poly looks so nice and different from wilderness, so I really think this is the best option, and also gives me enough nights at each resort to enjoy

I requested a high floor at anything but pago pago, since I don't have a car. Hope thats the right decision also

I'm excited!

I think that's a great split! The Poly is our favorite resort overall, but the WL runs a very close second! Hope you have a great time :wizard:.

We are down to 15 DAYS till we arrive at Poly!!! (7 till our Disney vacation begins at BC!!) We are very excited for our first stay at Poly!!! :bounce:

You will be there before you know it! Hope you have a great time :yay: :yay:.

Getting there! Going to finish packing up this weekend and we have a few things left to buy. The worst part is I'm so busy at work and we're moving buildings while I'm gone so I have to get my office packed up too! I am sooooo ready for this trip! 5 more sleeps!

Hope you have a nice, relaxing trip! Enjoy the Poly :goodvibes.

Can't wait to see you at the pool!

Have a great time! :jumping1:

I think that's a great split! The Poly is our favorite resort overall, but the WL runs a very close second! Hope you have a great time :wizard:.

You will be there before you know it! Hope you have a great time :yay: :yay:.

Hope you have a nice, relaxing trip! Enjoy the Poly :goodvibes.

Have a great time! :jumping1:

Thanks so much!!!!

Lol in Octo
Looking forward to seeing you too!!!!! Will your mom be with you again? We are so excited!! Down to 4 days!! Kids still don’t know we’re leaving Friday!! They have no idea we added the extra week! Think we’re leaving 7/1!! lol
My ds turns 21 on 6/29 and will be with me all week. DD23 arriving late on 4th. We at poly 7/3-5 gv cl then move to CR cl 7/5-8.

With Ds i will be mostly at resort. Once dd arrives then we BUSY! Baby girl needs her healiners lol.

Dh was with me last month and holding down the fort for me to go this trip(we work together)

OH MY what a surprise for the kiddos!!!!

You are going to have a blast!!!

Lol in Octo

My ds turns 21 on 6/29 and will be with me all week. DD23 arriving late on 4th. We at poly 7/3-5 gv cl then move to CR cl 7/5-8.

With Ds i will be mostly at resort. Once dd arrives then we BUSY! Baby girl needs her healiners lol.

Dh was with me last month and holding down the fort for me to go this trip(we work together)

OH MY what a surprise for the kiddos!!!!

You are going to have a blast!!!

Awesome! Sounds like a fun few days with the kids!!! Looking forward to meeting them!!! I hear ya, we will probably do the parks every day, except the 4th!! Gonna do Ohana that day, and hopefully there will be fun stuff for the kids to do at the resort!!! Are you all packed?

Awesome! Sounds like a fun few days with the kids!!! Looking forward to meeting them!!! I hear ya, we will probably do the parks every day, except the 4th!! Gonna do Ohana that day, and hopefully there will be fun stuff for the kids to do at the resort!!! Are you all packed?
Rats we have ohana on the 3rd!

Ya i have a nice stack all ready to take lol!

For those who have used it, what is your experience with Instacart and their delivery to the poly? 3 years ago we used garden grocer, but when I looked at instacart today, they offer more choices (especially certain items I was looking for) and some stuff was better priced. If I was to order something that needs to be refrigerated, would Poly make accommodations for that? I’m just thinking that we arrive at 830am & plan to check in and go directly to MK. We are fully aware that our room most likely won’t be ready. Do I have to be present for an instacart delivery or will the Poly store it until we return? I just don’t want items to spoil. Truthfully, I can’t remember how this was handled with Garden Grocer 3 years ago - although I feel like it was delivered to the resort when we were settling into our room. Any advice is appreciated!

Great post! Do you think staying here is worth it for the price? Always wanted to stay, just couldn't get myself to spend the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter