Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read back a little but still had a few questions, I have not done any real Disney research in many months so I've got a lot to catch up on! It sounds like only the DVC section is open, correct? Are they currently doing construction on the hotel rooms? Which food options are currently open? And is the pool still open as normal? Thanks for your help, I'm so excited yet a bit overwhelmed to be going so soon!

I’ll try to hit each one of your items. :-)

Yes, only the DVC longhouses are open/occupied. The work to the resort side rooms will be interior, but at the moment there is no visible work occurring to these rooms.

Open Food/Beverage Options
Kona Cafe (you can eat in the restaurant and Disney also just introduced to-go ordering in the app as well)
Captain Cook’s
Pineapple Lanai (where the Dole Whips are served)
Barefoot Pool Bar
Tambu Lounge

Closed Food/Beverage Options
Kona Island
Oasis Bar & Grill
Ohana
Trader Sam’s Grog Gotto
Trader Sam’s Tiki Terrace

Both pools are open and operating as usual. Lava Pool hours are currently 10am-10pm (although these can change at times over the year) and the Oasis Pool hours at 7am-11pm (these don’t change).

The Poly monorail station is open at the moment, but closes 11/2 for front entrance work (so you’ll miss the closure).

Hope that helps! Ask away with any questions, lots of helpful folks around to assist.

I’ll try to hit each one of your items. :-)

Yes, only the DVC longhouses are open/occupied. The work to the resort side rooms will be interior, but at the moment there is no visible work occurring to these rooms.

Open Food/Beverage Options
Kona Cafe (you can eat in the restaurant and Disney also just introduced to-go ordering in the app as well)
Captain Cook’s
Pineapple Lanai (where the Dole Whips are served)
Barefoot Pool Bar
Tambu Lounge

Closed Food/Beverage Options
Kona Island
Oasis Bar & Grill
Ohana
Trader Sam’s Grog Gotto
Trader Sam’s Tiki Terrace

Both pools are open and operating as usual. Lava Pool hours are currently 10am-10pm (although these can change at times over the year) and the Oasis Pool hours at 7am-11pm (these don’t change).

The Poly monorail station is open at the moment, but closes 11/2 for front entrance work (so you’ll miss the closure).

Hope that helps! Ask away with any questions, lots of helpful folks around to assist.

Thank you so much!

Also in case you haven’t seen this... while the Grand Ceremonial House is currently open, the main drop off/check-in area is not. Check-in will be in Pago Pago.

Enjoy your trip!
If I were to have groceries delivered to the resort, would they go to GCH or Pago Pago?

If I were to have groceries delivered to the resort, would they go to GCH or Pago Pago?

Hmmm, good question, I’m not entirely sure how things like bell services and grocery delivery are physically set up at the moment. Hoping someone else can chime in who may know.

We just booked an extremely discounted last minute stay renting DVC points on a Poly studio for October 24 - 30 and I can't believe I did this. The deal was just too good to pass up to stay at a deluxe resort. I have been wanting and planning for a trip for my family for YEARS, and now that a have a non refundable payment for a room it looks like we're going, lol. This will be the first trip for my husband and 2 girls, and my first trip since I was a teen, so the good thing is they have nothing to compare it to. I plan to do a real trip next year in either June or December. This trip is really because I just needed to go somewhere for a change of pace. I've been going through a rough time emotionally and we all need a little break. We're only doing 2 Park days, my girls will spend some time doing virtual learning, and we'll just hang out at the resort. I have NO real expectations for the trip, I'm wanting it to be low key, and I'm happy for all the safety precautions.

I've read back a little but still had a few questions, I have not done any real Disney research in many months so I've got a lot to catch up on! It sounds like only the DVC section is open, correct? Are they currently doing construction on the hotel rooms? Which food options are currently open? And is the pool still open as normal? Thanks for your help, I'm so excited yet a bit overwhelmed to be going so soon!
Yes, only the DVC section is open. If they are doing construction on the rooms you probably wont notice it from the outside. Capt Cooks (quick service-I had the Thai Coconut Meatballs, they were fantastic!) and Kona Cafe are open as well as the barefoot pool bar and tambu lounge. Pools are open.

The front of the GCH is inaccessible with major construction, so I doubt they will even allow vendors over that way.

BS is meeting outside the front curb of Pago Pago and working out of Tangaroa Terrace (building next door that houses Lilo’s Playhouse). I would have deliveries routed to Pago Pago.

We just booked an extremely discounted last minute stay renting DVC points on a Poly studio for October 24 - 30 and I can't believe I did this. The deal was just too good to pass up to stay at a deluxe resort. I have been wanting and planning for a trip for my family for YEARS, and now that a have a non refundable payment for a room it looks like we're going, lol. This will be the first trip for my husband and 2 girls, and my first trip since I was a teen, so the good thing is they have nothing to compare it to. I plan to do a real trip next year in either June or December. This trip is really because I just needed to go somewhere for a change of pace. I've been going through a rough time emotionally and we all need a little break. We're only doing 2 Park days, my girls will spend some time doing virtual learning, and we'll just hang out at the resort. I have NO real expectations for the trip, I'm wanting it to be low key, and I'm happy for all the safety precautions.

The Poly is awesome, you'll love it! Have a great trip! :wizard:

Does anyone think they might reconfigure the entrance drive up so those arriving may be able to see/enjoy the new entrance structure at arrival? As is, it seems like it will only be enjoyed from a ways back in the parking lot.

Are there any food delivery options that deliver to your room? Such as through something like Doordash or Uber Eats. Or any local delivery restaurants. We will have a car, so any local take out places would be fine too. Just looking into some options in case we decide we don't want to eat at Poly every night.

Are there any food delivery options that deliver to your room? Such as through something like Doordash or Uber Eats. Or any local delivery restaurants. We will have a car, so any local take out places would be fine too. Just looking into some options in case we decide we don't want to eat at Poly every night.

I'd imagine you'd have to meet them at the Pago Pago entrance as opposed to them parking and walking to your room.

Does anyone think they might reconfigure the entrance drive up so those arriving may be able to see/enjoy the new entrance structure at arrival? As is, it seems like it will only be enjoyed from a ways back in the parking lot.

I've studied that concept art photo more than I should admit trying to see if there were any clues or get a sense of what it may look like... but I came to the conclusion I'm just going to have to wait and see. :goodvibes

I will say... the way the area is currently configured with the abundant landscape barrier between the front entrance and the parking does an excellent job in hiding the parking lot and keeping the visual of the resort very interior. Get dropped off at the front and you'd really never know there was a large parking lot right there. I do hope some sort of barrier / visual blocking remains, to some extent... to keep a bit of that feeling. I need that bubble feel. lol.

I think Flippers Pizza might deliver. I’ve seen them at other resorts but not sure if they deliver to the MK resorts.

We stayed at CR in August and Gf last week.

You can mobile order from any QS. Therefore you can drive to CR/gf/wl easy enough. Or walk to GF or mono . I did bring food on mono without issues.

Also the Wave has “to go” as another option.

So book a few things you might want. We definitely booked more than what we needed and canceled the day before. However one res I told dd to cancel do she forgot, I called and canceled without any issues. We did NOT get charged a fee for same day cancels , that is not happening at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter