Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
How has the arrival experience been to the Poly with magical express? Where do they drop off?
also, none of the boats to MK are running?
We just returned from our stay at the Poly. The Magical Express will drop you off at the Pago Pago lobby. It is a short walk to the other buildings from there. None of the boats from the Poly are running, but you can catch one from the transportation center to MK.

Am I correct in assuming that the pool is not very crowded with just DVC guests at the Poly? We rented points for just before Christmas.

My take after staying there this summer - while things around the pool (mainly the Lava Pool) are perhaps slightly less crowded, it’s by no means a ghost town. There were select times in July where the Lava Pool and kiddie splash pad were approaching just as crowded as any regular summer day at Poly. To be fair, there were other times where it did feel less crowded. So my take away is that it’s more lumpy.

Shorter park hours and no hopping/other things to do also has tended to draw more people to be around the resort/in the pool than before, so in my opinion that influences things as well.

So I would suggest you can have both experiences - times where you feel it’s really not that much different, and times where it’s kind of nice where you’re not having to jocks for chairs, wait in a long slide line, etc.

Well, 11/2 is here.... so today starts the temporary closure of the Polynesian resort monorail station (for an unannounced length of time).

For anyone there, would love to hear any reports if Poly is in fact added to the GF-MK resort boat loop, or if they are still skipping Poly.

Thanks!

Well, 11/2 is here.... so today starts the temporary closure of the Polynesian resort monorail station (for an unannounced length of time).

For anyone there, would love to hear any reports if Poly is in fact added to the GF-MK resort boat loop, or if they are still skipping Poly.

Thanks!
Me too!
this may be a dumb question but could someone please tell me if you’re still allowed to use the walkway between the Grand Floridian to Polynesian. didn’t know if they were restricting visitors between resorts. This December we are staying at GF (needed a 2br) and other family members are at the Polynesian (our home resort). We are hoping to walk back-and-forth to visit each other and access more food options.

Me too!
this may be a dumb question but could someone please tell me if you’re still allowed to use the walkway between the Grand Floridian to Polynesian. didn’t know if they were restricting visitors between resorts. This December we are staying at GF (needed a 2br) and other family members are at the Polynesian (our home resort). We are hoping to walk back-and-forth to visit each other and access more food options.

The walking path is open as usual, no issues moving between resorts whatsoever.

Have a great trip!

We were wanting to go to Poly quick service for Tonga Toast then off to MK. We are not staying at Poly, staying at SSR, can I drive to Poly to eat then walk to TTC to monorail to MK?

We were wanting to go to Poly quick service for Tonga Toast then off to MK. We are not staying at Poly, staying at SSR, can I drive to Poly to eat then walk to TTC to monorail to MK?

You are not supposed to use resort parking to access a theme park, so you may need to park at the TTC and walk over to the Poly for breakfast. From there you could walk back to the TTC, walk to GF, or (assuming it's running) take the resort launch.

I'm not sure what your odds are of being turned away or ticketed, but it is against policy.

You are not supposed to use resort parking to access a theme park, so you may need to park at the TTC and walk over to the Poly for breakfast. From there you could walk back to the TTC, walk to GF, or (assuming it's running) take the resort launch.

I'm not sure what your odds are of being turned away or ticketed, but it is against policy.
oh, ok, Thank you, I did not know that.

They will not let you park at Poly (or any other resort) just for quick service. Parking at all resorts is currently limited to resort guests, people with ADRs, and DVC members. Under normal conditions, an ADR gets you 4 hours maximum parking at a resort, not sure how they enforce it now.

As stated, you can park at the TTC, then use any and all transportation for the MK and MK resorts. You can still visit all the resorts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!