Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found the kids meals great value as you got your meal, drink and a couple of healthier snacks (carrots/apples/grapes). I can count on one hand how many days I received vegetables with adult meals.

Me too! I can't count how many times I went to a buffet and returned to the table without a single vegetable on my plate! How could that happen? ;)

We rented a locker last week in MK and I have no idea why I never did before! It was so nice having a place to store all our stuff. We used the train to take us to the lockers mid day when it started to get warm. It worked out perfectly.
Was thinking of doing this on our next trip in December, did you rent the small or large locker?

Was thinking of doing this on our next trip in December, did you rent the small or large locker?

Small locker at MK for $7. We just had sweaters, souvenirs and later that evening a birthday cake box. The locker was very long but to fit the cake box I had to maneuver it a bit thru the door.

Me too! I can't count how many times I went to a buffet and returned to the table without a single vegetable on my plate! How could that happen? ;)

I’m guilty of swiping bananas from the breakfast buffet. I was craving fruit and noticed it was difficult to find good fresh fruit. When they put out a fresh batch of bananas at 1900 Park Fare I just couldn’t resist taking 2 for later. I know! I’m going to Disney jail! :)

Hello POP experts, I have our trip booked at POR starting 12/16/18 for myself and DD18 She has wanted to go to Disney at Christmas, it has never worked out until she started college, and has had a few health issues and I felt it was time to try to make this happen. We always stay at POR and that is now becoming somewhat of a dilemma with the overall price exceeded our budget. We really do not mind a smaller room, but if free dining is offered, we really need some advice on the best way to try to get this, especially since we are needing any savings we can find. (college is really changing how we live) I have read 20 pages of threads so I feel most of what I need to know about POP, as a resort, I have learned from you guys. It will be an adjustment due to the familiarity and getting around and we have never even seen POP. My daughter and I are driving 11 hours, I being 60, this is not going to be easy. This is the first time we have actually had a chance at free dining since my daughter was 4. I really do not know if I should change the resort now, or wait until free dining is announced and try to get something. Any tips or advice you guys could offer would be appreciated.

Hello POP experts, I have our trip booked at POR starting 12/16/18 for myself and DD18 She has wanted to go to Disney at Christmas, it has never worked out until she started college, and has had a few health issues and I felt it was time to try to make this happen. We always stay at POR and that is now becoming somewhat of a dilemma with the overall price exceeded our budget. We really do not mind a smaller room, but if free dining is offered, we really need some advice on the best way to try to get this, especially since we are needing any savings we can find. (college is really changing how we live) I have read 20 pages of threads so I feel most of what I need to know about POP, as a resort, I have learned from you guys. It will be an adjustment due to the familiarity and getting around and we have never even seen POP. My daughter and I are driving 11 hours, I being 60, this is not going to be easy. This is the first time we have actually had a chance at free dining since my daughter was 4. I really do not know if I should change the resort now, or wait until free dining is announced and try to get something. Any tips or advice you guys could offer would be appreciated.

Are you switching to Pop and going to DW even if you don't get FD? If so, make the switch now.

Sometimes it's hard to get the room you want and the resort you want around the Holidays, and even if the FD is offered it only depends on whether they have a room at POP as part of the offer. It's hit or miss. But if you truly are going, no matter what, I'd get a room at Pop now.

Pop is an amazing resort!!! We have stayed there 20 plus times. If budget is a concern I would switch now while standard rooms are hopefully still available and you’re able to save as much $ as possible. As others have said, getting a FD promotion can be tough around Christmas so if you’re going regardless if FD, I’d book now. Since moderates only received QS dining last year, if you switch to Pop and are able to secure a FDing, the switch may cover a good portion of the cost to upgrade your dining if you’re planning on doing that.

My DD and I stayed in refurbished room at Pop a couple of weeks ago and could not have been happier with it!! Unless you’re planning to spend a lot of time in the room, I don’t think you’ll miss the few extra feet of space as Disney really has made these rooms feel bigger with the refurbishment.

You can visit POR during your stay too if you’d like a bit of time there.

Pop is amazing! Hope you enjoy it!

Pop is an amazing resort!!! We have stayed there 20 plus times. If budget is a concern I would switch now while standard rooms are hopefully still available and you’re able to save as much $ as possible. As others have said, getting a FD promotion can be tough around Christmas so if you’re going regardless if FD, I’d book now. Since moderates only received QS dining last year, if you switch to Pop and are able to secure a FDing, the switch may cover a good portion of the cost to upgrade your dining if you’re planning on doing that.

My DD and I stayed in refurbished room at Pop a couple of weeks ago and could not have been happier with it!! Unless you’re planning to spend a lot of time in the room, I don’t think you’ll miss the few extra feet of space as Disney really has made these rooms feel bigger with the refurbishment.

You can visit POR during your stay too if you’d like a bit of time there.

Pop is amazing! Hope you enjoy it!
I just changed my reservation to POP a couple of hours ago and it reduced my trip by $500, thanks for the information

I just changed my reservation to POP a couple of hours ago and it reduced my trip by $500, thanks for the information
Yay! I'm confident you're going to have a great time at Pop!

I help an average of 15-20 families book trips to Disney each year. (Just because I enjoy it; not a TA). I book 95% of those at Pop (only elsewhere if that's their request) and I have never had a single family say they were disappointed with the resort, and that's before the renovations!

Yay! I'm confident you're going to have a great time at Pop!

I help an average of 15-20 families book trips to Disney each year. (Just because I enjoy it; not a TA). I book 95% of those at Pop (only elsewhere if that's their request) and I have never had a single family say they were disappointed with the resort, and that's before the renovations!
I know it will be great...however going to my MDE, they have the corrected amount listed, but still have me at POR and that was several hours ago, strange one part would update

Interesting stay at Pop. We were in the room twice when security came. First time he just asked if we wanted towels. Never came inside. Second time he came inside and said he needed to check bathroom. We asked him for fresh towels, and asked for trash pick-up and shampoo. He almost seemed annoyed by our request, but said he'd take care of it. Anyway, nothing came that day. We called housekeeping twice more to make the same requests. On the second call, we got towels and shampoo, but trash was never picked up. We regretted not getting housekeeping, as this has been more trouble than it's worth. At least dirty towels were picked up outside room. Cheer groups are everywhere and sadly kept us up at night. I'm generally a big Pop supporter, but this trip was disappointing. We did enjoy the bowling pin pool until the big cheer groups took over. I could have complained about noise too, but we were sick of calling about housekeeping needs and didn't want to waste more time. We'll probably return, but only after looking at other options first.

For trash pickup I tied it all into one bag (there were rolls of extra trash bags in the bottom of each trash bucket) and left it outside our door. It was picked up each day. I never needed to call.

I know it will be great...however going to my MDE, they have the corrected amount listed, but still have me at POR and that was several hours ago, strange one part would update
When I switched resorts it took a couple of days for everything in the system to tie up. I even called because I was worried, but they said it was all correct in their system and a few days later it was all correct on MDE

Interesting stay at Pop. We were in the room twice when security came. First time he just asked if we wanted towels. Never came inside. Second time he came inside and said he needed to check bathroom. We asked him for fresh towels, and asked for trash pick-up and shampoo. He almost seemed annoyed by our request, but said he'd take care of it. Anyway, nothing came that day. We called housekeeping twice more to make the same requests. On the second call, we got towels and shampoo, but trash was never picked up. We regretted not getting housekeeping, as this has been more trouble than it's worth. At least dirty towels were picked up outside room. Cheer groups are everywhere and sadly kept us up at night. I'm generally a big Pop supporter, but this trip was disappointing. We did enjoy the bowling pin pool until the big cheer groups took over. I could have complained about noise too, but we were sick of calling about housekeeping needs and didn't want to waste more time. We'll probably return, but only after looking at other options first.
Based on several instagram photos tagged at Pop this week appears to be lots of young inappropriately dressed and behaved teen girls - I believe the SA schools are on break - glad to know I have a few weeks until I arrive

When I switched resorts it took a couple of days for everything in the system to tie up. I even called because I was worried, but they said it was all correct in their system and a few days later it was all correct on MDE
Same here, I was worried also, the price was right, WOW to get POR for that price would have been great, but then what happens later. Went to my invoice and paid more on my trip and the correct info was there, but still POR on My Itinerary, guess it will catch up. I am currently on 2017 thread trying to find instructions on best way to secure free dining during my December trip. Different opinions , hard to know what works.

Based on several instagram photos tagged at Pop this week appears to be lots of young inappropriately dressed and behaved teen girls - I believe the SA schools are on break - glad to know I have a few weeks until I arrive
Hoping that spring break and whatever other events draw lots of teen groups are finished by first week of May for my next stay at Pop!

We will be there in 10 days and as far as a I know they shouldn't be there when we are there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts