Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on several instagram photos tagged at Pop this week appears to be lots of young inappropriately dressed and behaved teen girls - I believe the SA schools are on break - glad to know I have a few weeks until I arrive
I have been reading a lot about the groups and it look like girls celebrating their quinceañera and who aren't as modest as I would like my daughter to be
ˌ

We were there earlier this month when a number of quinces/iera groups were there and cannot day enough about how quiet, respectful and quiet they were! We saw them often as we were coming and going from the resort but never heard them even though their rooms were near ours. They dressed respectfully, ate it one area of the food court with zero disruption. We saw them often waiting in large groups as they gathered and they were off to the side. I would not hesitate to be there st the same time as them again!

Sadly I’m not sure I’d anticipate the same kind of respect from our NA teams and groups but I’d love to be proven wrong.

We were there earlier this month when a number of quinces/iera groups were there and cannot day enough about how quiet, respectful and quiet they were! We saw them often as we were coming and going from the resort but never heard them even though their rooms were near ours. They dressed respectfully, ate it one area of the food court with zero disruption. We saw them often waiting in large groups as they gathered and they were off to the side. I would not hesitate to be there st the same time as them again!

Sadly I’m not sure I’d anticipate the same kind of respect from our NA teams and groups but I’d love to be proven wrong.

Could you have seen the Argentinian girl’s dance team? 50 of them were staying at the Pop while we were both there.

That group was very respectful. We were on buses with them and in the food court with them at breakfast. Pop set up an assembly line for them to get their breakfast which did not disrupt the guests one bit. I was impressed.

I did ask about the group and was told it was overflow from the All Stars Resort. They try to book all large groups there first but overflow goes to Pop.

I have been reading a lot about the groups and it look like girls celebrating their quinceañera and who aren't as modest as I would like my daughter to be
ˌ
There are ALWAYS complaints about The 15s' "swimsuits" when they arrive at The Mouse House!lol:)

There will be more complaints when they come back this Summer during their Winter Break and more complaints next January/February when they come back again for their Summer Break,etc.,etc..

The 15s just seem to get more and more "FAMOUS" each year!lol

They are always quite the topic of conversation among Guests AND Cast Members.

We always find it VERY interesting to watch new WDW Guests encounter The 15s for their first time!lol:)

ˌ
I was shocked at the clothes or extreme lack of - for their age but also fact they are posing with goofy - and some photos were posing like a jardashian would - if I have a daughter I would be appalled and embarrassed

There are ALWAYS complaints about The 15s' "swimsuits" when they arrive at The Mouse House!lol:)

There will be more complaints when they come back this Summer during their Winter Break and more complaints next January/February when they come back again for their Summer Break,etc.,etc..

The 15s just seem to get more and more "FAMOUS" each year!lol

They are always quite the topic of conversation among Guests AND Cast Members.

We always find it VERY interesting to watch new WDW Guests encounter The 15s for their first time!lol:)
I have no kids and am far from "prude" but it's Disney a family place just seems to be no need for the attention seeking clothing there - and this isn't at the pool this is parading around hotel at all times of the day

Okay what are the 15’s?

In many Latino cultures, when a girl turns 15 she is considered a young adult. In some places, this birthday is celebrated with a huge, elaborate party like a debutante ball. In certain South American countries, the girls are sent on a major trip to the US. Those are the large groups of teenage girls that visit WDW during SA summer vacation months (winter here).

I noticed this year that they’re all carrying matching backpacks saying “The Fifteens.” It’s been a while since we were here at the same time, so that may not be new.

In many Latino cultures, when a girl turns 15 she is considered a young adult. In some places, this birthday is celebrated with a huge, elaborate party like a debutante ball. In certain South American countries, the girls are sent on a major trip to the US. Those are the large groups of teenage girls that visit WDW during SA summer vacation months (winter here).

I noticed this year that they’re all carrying matching backpacks saying “The Fifteens.” It’s been a while since we were here at the same time, so that may not be new.
Okay I gotcha thanks!

Okay what are the 15’s?
The 15s are Tour Groups of South American girls celebrating their 15th Birthday.

Most are given the choice of a LARGE party at home or a trip to WDW(some will also go to NYC and Miami)and,in addition to WDW,most will also go to Universal,Sea World,Busch Gardens,etc.

Some will also have Private Parties(some with South American entertainers),attend Orlando Magic games,etc.

The largest numbers,BY FAR,are from Brazil and Argentina with smaller numbers from Uruguay,Paraguay,Chile,Venezuela,etc.

It is VERY interesting when Brazil and Argentina encounter each other-they DO NOT like each other-mainly because of Soccer.

Their rivalry is like Alabama v. Auburn on STEROIDS!:)

The "main" months for the migration of The 15s are late June/July/early August for their Winter Break and January/February for their Summer Break.

I present to you the LEGENDARY PHENOMENON KNOWN AS THE 15s!lol:)

28358124802_af8d3bbc05_c.jpg

Is there anywhere that shows which rooms are connecting? What are the chances of getting a connecting room if that is our only request?

The 15s are Tour Groups of South American girls celebrating their 15th Birthday.

Most are given the choice of a LARGE party at home or a trip to WDW(some will also go to NYC and Miami)and,in addition to WDW,most will also go to Universal,Sea World,Busch Gardens,etc.

Some will also have Private Parties(some with South American entertainers),attend Orlando Magic games,etc.

The largest numbers,BY FAR,are from Brazil and Argentina with smaller numbers from Uruguay,Paraguay,Chile,Venezuela,etc.

It is VERY interesting when Brazil and Argentina encounter each other-they DO NOT like each other-mainly because of Soccer.

Their rivalry is like Alabama v. Auburn on STEROIDS!:)

The "main" months for the migration of The 15s are late June/July/early August for their Winter Break and January/February for their Summer Break.

I present to you the LEGENDARY PHENOMENON KNOWN AS THE 15s!lol:)

28358124802_af8d3bbc05_c.jpg
Haha thanks! Is there anyway to predict if they will be there feb 27-March 4? We already know there is a dance competition the weekend of March 2 so I’m hoping there aren’t other large groups there too

Does any one know the current non-caffeinated beverages offered at the refillable mug station at PC?

The 15's have taken over the Bowling Pin pool. We are stunned - never seen anything like it. Trying to post a picture, but WiFi is terrible right now. Hard pressed to find a spot to stand in the pool, let alone swim! They came blaring music, but lifeguard thankfully stopped it. Now they are chanting. Just awful.

The 15's have taken over the Bowling Pin pool. We are stunned - never seen anything like it. Trying to post a picture, but WiFi is terrible right now. Hard pressed to find a spot to stand in the pool, let alone swim! They came blaring music, but lifeguard thankfully stopped it. Now they are chanting. Just awful.
Sorry. I know how disruptive they can be. Make sure you make Guest Services aware of your experience.

I’m sorry! Are they in all he pools or can you move to a different pool to enjoy your swim?

They were there on our trip as well. What I noticed was the 20-something year old male chaperones for the 15 year old girls (?)

When DD worked there she had many conversations with the groups with older female tour guides. Note: they are not chaperones per se, that would imply supervision at all times. They are tour guides. The older women said they dislike the companies that use the young men because those are normally the groups who give them a bad reputation. The young men play up to the kids, start the chants, let them act out ........... in anticipation of huge tips from the parents. She said they would tell her they wish Disney would make a requirement on the age of the adults, it would help on the behaviors.

Is there anywhere that shows which rooms are connecting? What are the chances of getting a connecting room if that is our only request?

Post #2 has a map. This map is old but all we have until after the renovation is complete. Hopefully a new one will pop up because changes have taken place.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/pop-century-room-renovations.3573071/

Haha thanks! Is there anyway to predict if they will be there feb 27-March 4? We already know there is a dance competition the weekend of March 2 so I’m hoping there aren’t other large groups there too

You should be pretty safe. One country should have already gone back to school and the other should start back around last month so I think gone from Disney.

Sorry. I know how disruptive they can be. Make sure you make Guest Services aware of your experience.

Haha, we call it human soup.

The hotel will do nothing. What Disney has said in the past is to email, sending dates, location and name of group which you can usually see on shirts, backpacks, flags etc. This allows them to track groups behaviors. If enough complaints come on same company they will ban the company. Won't stop kids they will move to other company but banning some will help keep others on better behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter