Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is awesome news. We had to book POP because it’s all our budget allowed to squeeze a second trip in this year. I have an autistic child that can’t share a bed so we planned on an air mattress until I saw the queen beds and people saying there was no way it would fit. Had been trying to switch to music but no availability. It’s a 10 year old that I’m trying to fit on it, and planned on standing it up against the wall between the bed and wall during the day. Was yours a twin size? Double height or just that single style?
Ours was a twin and just the single style.

Ours was a twin and just the single style.
So many air mattress questions, but I have one more :) Did the mattress have to slide under the bed at all to fit in that space? We have a double high mattress, but will purchase a thinner one if it won't fit. Thanks!

Just returned last night from our first stay at Pop and we loved it! We were coming from Universal and I got a text around 9:30 am that our room was ready so we were able to go right to our room which was great! We were in the 70’s section by the big Mickey phone. We had a room at the end of the hallway so no neighbors on one side. Noise wasn’t an issue, didn’t hear our neighbors. This was a very heavy park trip so we didn’t get to enjoy the pool as much as we would have liked but it looked amazing. We left the Murphy bed down the whole time, only ran into it a few times! We were able to squeeze an air mattress between the Murphy bed and wall. It blocked the door but this wasn’t a big deal since we pushed it under the bed when we were in the room. Had great experiences with the busses with minimal waits. Overall, I would stay here again in a heartbeat!
That's awesome that you got in your room so early! That's what I'm hoping for in October.
Any advice on what would be the best building to request. We are going end of september to beginning of october with a 2 year old. We booked a regular non-preferred room, but we would like to be close to the food court / busses. Obviously we would like a refurbed room but the theming of the building is not important to us. What should we request?

Also, since we have a toddler on our reservation is it safe to assume they will give us a room with a tub, or should be request that too?

We really liked building 10. It's really close to the buses. I think you might still want to request the tub if that is important to you.

So many air mattress questions, but I have one more :) Did the mattress have to slide under the bed at all to fit in that space? We have a double high mattress, but will purchase a thinner one if it won't fit. Thanks!
I honestly can’t remember but if it did, it wasn’t much. I’m thinking if anything, it would have been just one corner. My 12 year old slept on it no problem and he’s fairly tall.

I would also say that it has to slide under the Murphy bed some. The clearance height looks to be around 14" so a single high may be required.

There are a few room that look like they have flat front entry doors rather than the angled ones. These may have more internal room space. I'm not sure about the details though.

I would also say that it has to slide under the Murphy bed some. The clearance height looks to be around 14" so a single high may be required.

There are a few room that look like they have flat front entry doors rather than the angled ones. These may have more internal room space. I'm not sure about the details though.
My understanding is that the rooms that have had the flat front added are the accessible rooms. I would not count on such a room for those planning to bring an air mattress.

Tomorrow, we want to head to Disney Springs before we fly home. We are at Pop Century . What time should we be at the bus stop to get back to the hotel by 3:00 p.m.? How often do buses arrive at the DS Pop Century stop to go back?

Tomorrow, we want to head to Disney Springs before we fly home. We are at Pop Century . What time should we be at the bus stop to get back to the hotel by 3:00 p.m.? How often do buses arrive at the DS Pop Century stop to go back?
I have had experiences from DS to Pop midday where the buses do not travel as frequently. If it were me I would be at the DS bus stop by 1:30 at the very latest but probably err in the side of caution arriving closer to 1:00. Another thing to consider is if you are leaving any luggage at Pop that you need to pick up. Allow for ones there too. Better Safe then sorry I’d mu motto for DME pickup.

We were able to fit a double height, twin air mattress in one of the new renovated rooms with no issue. Yes, it blocked the door, but all in all, worked great!

2saccv9.jpg

A couple questions:

1. What's the chance that room would be ready early (around 10am-ish)? I have a standard room.
2. Besides the pool, where else at Pop can my family rest while waiting for the room?

:thanks:
1. Our room wasn't ready until about 4:00, so we actually went to Disney Springs on the bus before our room was ready. We did request a first-floor room in the 80's building with a check-in of 2:00, but we didn't check the override of early check-in over the other two preferences. We were fine with waiting so we could get a first-floor room in the 80's. If you need to get in around 10, I'd suggest checking the override box that checking in early is more important than the other requests. Or you can leave your luggage there and go to a park or Disney Springs.
2. You can get into the pool early or play in the arcade. You could also walk over to Art of Animation or go to another resort and look around, or take a bus to Disney Springs. The T-Rex Restaurant is very fun there.

Here now and our connecting room neighbors decided that 11:30 pm was the perfect time to start playing a ukulele and have a laugh party.

I love Pop, but it can certainly be loud. Last night after midnight someone who apparently was a coach or parent of teens who are here for a sports tournament felt that yelling words of encouragement to all of her players was a good idea.

I’ve had to turn the tv up to shut it out.

Those coming might want to consider earplugs. You never know who will be staying next door.

Here now and our connecting room neighbors decided that 11:30 pm was the perfect time to start playing a ukulele and have a laugh party.

I love Pop, but it can certainly be loud. Last night after midnight someone who apparently was a coach or parent of teens who are here for a sports tournament felt that yelling words of encouragement to all of her players was a good idea.

Those coming might want to consider earplugs. You never know who will be staying next door.
. I’m sorry that’s happened. Disappointing for sure.

I’ve only had 1 bad experience where the connecting room thought 1am was a great time to party. I opened the connecting door, knocked loudly on their side then quickly closed and locked it again.

Possibly not the best choice on my part but I never heard them again! :D

To be fair, that can happen at any resort or on any cruise ship. It's not just a POP thing.

Staying at pop right now. Building 4 top floor preferred pool.

Had a great first night playing my ukelele .....jk.

After two nights the only noise we've had was on Sunday night I could hear them cleaning outside. It sounded like someone using an electric leaf blower...at 2:30am!!!!!!!!!!! This went on for about an hour.

Other than that. Room is good. Clean. 50s section is a great swimming option right now with the guest count low over there due to renovations

We are going in September and want lakeside with the potential for a fireworks view. Which buildings have the best chance of fireworks view? I have been reading this thread since December when we booked and I think someone already addressed this, but can’t find it. Thanks you guys are awesome.

We are going in September and want lakeside with the potential for a fireworks view. Which buildings have the best chance of fireworks view? I have been reading this thread since December when we booked and I think someone already addressed this, but can’t find it. Thanks you guys are awesome.

I would just request "fireworks view". :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter