Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We stayed in building 4 lake view last Summer. We loved it as we could see the Skyliner testing. I was hoping it would open early so we could ride it but no luck there.

The relatively limited hours made the skyliner less useful for us. Couldn’t take it to our two days at HS. And we were in Epcot well after park closing and hung out on the boardwalk area on a night the skyliner closed at 10.
But we LOVED it when we took it.

I understand, we were supposed to check in on the 28th.
We switched our trip from the end of this month to the end of April, was able to get POP still for the Sun and Fun discount and saved $120 over what we were paying for this month's trip, so that is nice!
We were scheduled to check in the 28th too. We are now going June 22 and also saved on our trip under the Sun and Fun discount. We used the discount to upgrade to a preferred room.

I saw in another group the pool was filled, but still closed right before Pop shut down. I would assume that it would reopen when the resort does (or shortly thereafter anyways).

We had to re-book our April trip to October, and will be staying at Pop for the first time! Our first value resort experience was AOA last October, and we really enjoyed it so hoping we can have a similar experience at Pop.

I was fortunate to be able to get a standard pool view room under my bounceback offer. Its my understanding these rooms will be in the 50s section or the 90s section. From the map, it looks like the 50s section is a touch closer to everything, but having never been to the resort before, how large is it exactly? Will the difference between the two sections be significant? For reference, we were in the Little Mermaid section (building 7) at AOA. I had heard horror stories of how far of a walk it was, but it was very manageable for us - granted, we were in the closest building to the Lion King section.

I currently have a room request for a king bed, which would be more important to me than room location. I'd also strongly prefer it not be an accessible room with a roll-in shower - the phone CM warned me many king rooms have roll-in showers? Not sure that's accurate. But are there more king rooms in 50s versus 90s? Is one section "better" than the other for any reason?

Last edited:
I currently have a room request for a king bed, which would be more important to me than room location. I'd also strongly prefer it not be an accessible room with a roll-in shower - the phone CM warned me many king rooms have roll-in showers? Not sure that's accurate. But are there more king rooms in 50s versus 90s? Is one section "better" than the other for any reason?
Yes,most King Rooms are accessible.

The 1950s and 1990s have the same number of King rooms AFAIK.

We MUCH prefer 1950s over 1990s-closer to Disney Skyliner,much prefer the 1950s theme over 1990s theme,Bowling Pool is much "cuter" than Computer Pool ands we love the 1950s soundtrack! :)

Yes,most King Rooms are accessible.
Do all accessible rooms have roll-in showers? Or only some? I don't mind an accessible room, just would rather avoid a roll-in shower. I know at other resorts, there are accessible rooms with handrails and mid-level light switches, but they have a regular shower or tub/shower combo.

Do all accessible rooms have roll-in showers? Or only some? I don't mind an accessible room, just would rather avoid a roll-in shower. I know at other resorts, there are accessible rooms with handrails and mid-level light switches, but they have a regular shower or tub/shower combo.
We had a King room in the 50s that did not have a roll-in shower. I don't remember whether it had a shower or tub/shower, only that it did not have a roll-in shower like we had in a King room in the 70s and didn't care for. We were on 2nd floor, pretty much behind Tramp, and it was a great location for accessing the pools, food court and bus stops (this was before the refurb and Skyliner).

We had to re-book our April trip to October, and will be staying at Pop for the first time! Our first value resort experience was AOA last October, and we really enjoyed it so hoping we can have a similar experience at Pop.

I was fortunate to be able to get a standard pool view room under my bounceback offer. Its my understanding these rooms will be in the 50s section or the 90s section. From the map, it looks like the 50s section is a touch closer to everything, but having never been to the resort before, how large is it exactly? Will the difference between the two sections be significant? For reference, we were in the Little Mermaid section (building 7) at AOA. I had heard horror stories of how far of a walk it was, but it was very manageable for us - granted, we were in the closest building to the Lion King section.

As @WEDWDW shared, most of the King rooms are accessible i believe. I don’t know the answer about the roll-in Shower.

Was it a possibility to book a standard room? If so, you will have a higher chance of getting a king room as they are few and far between at Pop. I find the descriptions a little hard to understand here but, it looks like there might be 11 King rooms per building that face the pool so a total of 66 king rooms in the Standard Pool View category and, not sure how many of those are accessible?

Bottom line is, it's good to request a king room but to be fully prepared that you may not get one.

It would be interesting to take a poll of how many Pop people have requested a King room that do not require an accessible room and how many have had their request granted.

Note: this picture is from before the renovations happened so not sure if the King rooms are the same or not as pre-renovations.

As @WEDWDW shared, most of the King rooms are accessible i believe. I don’t know the answer about the roll-in Shower.

Was it a possibility to book a standard room? If so, you will have a higher chance of getting a king room as they are few and far between at Pop. I find the descriptions a little hard to understand here but, it looks like there might be 11 King rooms per building that face the pool so a total of 66 king rooms in the Standard Pool View category and, not sure how many of those are accessible?

Bottom line is, it's good to request a king room but to be fully prepared that you may not get one.

It would be interesting to take a poll of how many Pop people have requested a King room that do not require an accessible room and how many have had their request granted.

Note: this picture is from before the renovations happened so not sure if the King rooms are the same or not as pre-renovations.

View attachment 484873
Thanks for the information! Unfortunately, standard pool view was the only room category available. Its under a bounceback offer that I had to reschedule, so options were limited. Perhaps I will have a request noted to say something like "standard room also acceptable", or something to that effect. I know that's a downgraded room category, but I'd rather be in a standard king than a pool view with two queens.

I just did a search on Touring Plans, searching for 'Standard Pool View Room, King' and it came up with rooms in buildings 1, 3 and 7. It states there are 11 rooms in building 1, 8 rooms in building 3 and 11 rooms in building 7. It appears the 'extra' rooms in buildings 1 and 7 are assistive hearing rooms so may not have roll-in showers. The other King rooms from what I can see have roll-in showers.

I love the variety of rooms Disney offers and how many people it tries to assist!

We will be staying at POP for the first time this August and we are excited but nervous too! My family of 4 stay for 13 days and we generally change mid-day too. Just curious and what you all think of the storage situation for clothes at POP or if you all have any suggestions.

Thanks!

We will be staying at POP for the first time this August and we are excited but nervous too! My family of 4 stay for 13 days and we generally change mid-day too. Just curious and what you all think of the storage situation for clothes at POP or if you all have any suggestions.

Thanks!
There are 3 dresser drawers plus other spots to store clothes but a family if 4 for 13 nights will not have enough storage unless you pack light and/or plan to do laundry. My dd snd I stay 9 nights and there is enough room but there are just 2 of us. I would guess at least 1 person should plan to live out of a suitcase.

I’d go with 50’s. We were in 90’s and felt it was a hike to anywhere. Quiet though lol! We took our mugs with us to the parks so that we had them when returning to Pop for refills on the way back to our rooms. Last thing we wanted to do was drag back to the room to get mug, back to food court and back to room on tired feet. Our main goal was to get a new room and at that time only the 80’s and 90’s were finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter