Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

LOL I know I'm late to the flip flop discussion, but for travel, I just pack a couple of pairs of the flip flops like the ones that they give out at the salon after a pedicure. You can buy them new for about a dollar a pair, from Amazon (just search for "pedicure flip flops).

I take a pair (or two or three - they pack flat, in a gallon zip lock bag) and then throw them away at the end of the trip.
They would be good for wearing around the room. I use cheap old navy ones or the ones I wear to pool for room. Not about to leave an expensive $70 pair of flip flops at the pool!

For what it’s worth, I don’t mind the new toiletries. More eco-friendly with less packaging and I share soap with others every time I shower at the gym (or wash my hands in a public bathroom for that matter).
Though it was fun to take what was left of those little bottles home and keep some of the magic!

For what it’s worth, I don’t mind the new toiletries. More eco-friendly with less packaging and I share soap with others every time I shower at the gym (or wash my hands in a public bathroom for that matter).
Though it was fun to take what was left of those little bottles home and keep some of the magic!
I guess I agree with you. I'm not understanding what people are upset about with the refillable containers . It doesn't look like they can be opened or tampered with...they look similar to the pump dispensers in every public restroom. What is the issue? I don't understand why they are any more unsanitary than any surface in the room...or the phone or the TV remote (which I always wipe down upon arrival , along with all the doorknobs and light switches ).

Can someone explain the resistance to the refillable bottles to me?

Last edited:

I guess I agree with you. I'm not understanding what people are upset about with the refillable containers . It doesn't look like they can be opened or tampered with...they look similar to the pump dispensers in every public restroom. What is the issue? I don't understand why they are any more unsanitary than any surface in the room...or the phone or the TV remote (which I always wipe down upon arrival , along with all the doorknobs and light switches ).

Can someone explain the resistance to the refillable bottles to me?
Uh, well, it would be difficult to explain it here and keep it G-rated. If someone can get into the refillable bottles (and someone will try, there are crazies everywhere), then use your imagination as to what can be put in those bottles...

That's all I'm sayin'.....

Uh, well, it would be difficult to explain it here and keep it G-rated. If someone can get into the refillable bottles (and someone will try, there are crazies everywhere), then use your imagination as to what can be put in those bottles...

That's all I'm sayin'.....

I think the effort it would take to get into the WDW dispensers would make it fairly obvious that they'd been tampered with. Aren't these things really well locked?

I find the refurb underwhelming, too. Are there any Disney touches at all? At the BC there are Mickey heads on the shower curtain. Can you find anything like that here?

I saw a post on FB and the shower curtains have little frogs and crowns - *very* cute!

Just an FYI ......
I think they must have just opened a new block of rooms today that were in the finishing process of the refurb .
Lucked out today and grabbed a King room for our upcoming stay , which is only 2 WEEKS away ! Was also able to get the annual pass holder rate for our stay which is another nice bonus I wasn't expecting . :thumbsup2I have rarely (maybe never ?) , seen discounts on POFQ ..... EVER !
We booked a king room, but also noticed all the other room types came up as bookable too. Have been looking a few times a day for over a month for resort we REALLY preferred to stay at , and POR and POFQ , NEVER EVER came up on the WDW room search engine , for any rate , even rack !
All of a sudden today, ALL of the room types were available for our stay including a king room, and with an AP discount ..........SCORE ! Couldn't click the "book it" button quick enough ! :rotfl:
Cant wait to go back to POFQ . Our last stay was in October, and we loved it !

Just an FYI ......
I think they must have just opened a new block of rooms today that were in the finishing process of the refurb .
Lucked out today and grabbed a King room for our upcoming stay , which is only 2 WEEKS away ! Was also able to get the annual pass holder rate for our stay which is another nice bonus I wasn't expecting . :thumbsup2I have rarely (maybe never ?) , seen discounts on POFQ ..... EVER !
We booked a king room, but also noticed all the other room types came up as bookable too. Have been looking a few times a day for over a month for resort we REALLY preferred to stay at , and POR and POFQ , NEVER EVER came up on the WDW room search engine , for any rate , even rack !
All of a sudden today, ALL of the room types were available for our stay including a king room, and with an AP discount ..........SCORE ! Couldn't click the "book it" button quick enough ! :rotfl:
Cant wait to go back to POFQ . Our last stay was in October, and we loved it !
Could be because the third party partners couldn't sell their entire blocks of rooms. Pure speculation on my part.

I think the effort it would take to get into the WDW dispensers would make it fairly obvious that they'd been tampered with. Aren't these things really well locked?
I highly doubt whatever security measures exist to keep folks from tampering with the dispensers would take more than 20 seconds to defeat by someone who knows what they're doing. And we can't compare dispensers in a room to dispensers in a public restroom. Public areas have i) other folks hanging around, and ii) cameras.

I highly doubt whatever security measures exist to keep folks from tampering with the dispensers would take more than 20 seconds to defeat by someone who knows what they're doing. And we can't compare dispensers in a room to dispensers in a public restroom. Public areas have i) other folks hanging around, and ii) cameras.

On a purely practical level, sure, maybe someone could pick that lock without leaving clear evidence one way or another. But those sort of nutcases tend to go for targets of opportunity, not shampoo bottles in a locked iron maiden at a particularly inaccessible and/or awkward height. I’ve worked in enough malls to see where creepers leave their, uh, signature. :scared:

It looks like the 2nd floor of building 2 is about ready for guests--the construction permits that were in the windows came down this afternoon! First floor permits are still up, they were working on paint today.

I think someone asked a few pages ago about whether the beds were raised for luggage storage now--yes, they are! Very handy.

No issues or complaints from us about the refillable toiletries. We promise to leave them in good shape for whoever is here next! :)

I don't see any "specialty" drinks on the Sassagoula menus posted online. Can anyone share what they were able to get with a CS meal credit on the new dining plan? Our kids are disney adults on the dining plan, so I'm more interested in what shakes or special drinks are available for them than alcohol for us... (but somewhat interested in that too :drinking1)

The specialty drinks tend to be at the bars (Scat Cat's indoors, and the Mardi Grogs pool bar) not so much in the food court.

Andre
Thanks! With the 2018 dining plan you have to order the specialty drink with the counter service meal. I saw a post that the beer and wine were added at some of the value resort food courts, for instance. I wondered if anything new was added here for 2018? Especially shakes or floats for the kids?

Thanks! With the 2018 dining plan you have to order the specialty drink with the counter service meal. I saw a post that the beer and wine were added at some of the value resort food courts, for instance. I wondered if anything new was added here for 2018? Especially shakes or floats for the kids?

I'll get that checked, maybe they have added something?

Andre

I don't think I can embed Ustream videos directly here, but two EyesOnEars streamers will hopefully be providing a LIVE video feed of French Quarter's annual Mardi Gras Pargo Parade starting a little after 10am EST this morning. Both feeds should be viewable live on the www.portorleans.org homepage when they start.

Andre

On a purely practical level, sure, maybe someone could pick that lock without leaving clear evidence one way or another. But those sort of nutcases tend to go for targets of opportunity, not shampoo bottles in a locked iron maiden at a particularly inaccessible and/or awkward height. I’ve worked in enough malls to see where creepers leave their, uh, signature. :scared:

I would also think that said nutcases would probably not do that kind of thing in a room where their name (and credit card number) are on file as having occupied that room.

I would also think that said nutcases would probably not do that kind of thing in a room where their name (and credit card number) are on file as having occupied that room.

That...is a remarkably good point. Unless someone somehow broke into the room, and in that case, I suspect the soap dispenser would be the least of one's issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!