Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

It seems that the resort may be completely booked during the dates I can get away in late September/October. For those of you using a travel agent, would they still have availability? Appreciate any messages on the matter.

Was hoping to book a discount, but it doesn't look as if there are even rooms at rack. After trying another resort I really don't want to stay anywhere else!

It seems that the resort may be completely booked during the dates I can get away in late September/October. For those of you using a travel agent, would they still have availability? Appreciate any messages on the matter.

Was hoping to book a discount, but it doesn't look as if there are even rooms at rack. After trying another resort I really don't want to stay anywhere else!
I believe what you see on the website is the same thing that the travel agents see. There are some travel agents that do convention style booking so maybe you could look into one of those.

Best advice, call Disney. I have played with the booking system online many times to see what I could get and gauge availability and potentially how crowded it may be at certain times of year. I have found that if you request say a week long stay then if one of the nights (last night is a Friday before a Saturday departure) is unavailable then it will say no reservations are available. If you call the CM can sometimes force something to get you what you want or potentially offer a split stay to accomidate your plans. The online system is nice but tends to be very inflexible.

We were at WDW last week (5/19 - 5/26) and stayed at POFQ. I booked a Garden View and in requests asked for close to transportation first and corner room secondly. We wound up getting room 4327 which was a corner room on the third floor of building four right across the street from the door to the food court. It was an assume location other than being on the third floor. We could not get on the first or second floor because those rooms were being refurbished. It was the first time I had ever seen one out of three floors being open during a refurbish. Our room had been redone and the only thing we noticed was the got rid of the carpet had new beds and had painted. The room was nice but basically the same as it was before. By the end of the week they had completed the other two floors.

We were at WDW last week (5/19 - 5/26) and stayed at POFQ. I booked a Garden View and in requests asked for close to transportation first and corner room secondly. We wound up getting room 4327 which was a corner room on the third floor of building four right across the street from the door to the food court. It was an assume location other than being on the third floor. We could not get on the first or second floor because those rooms were being refurbished. It was the first time I had ever seen one out of three floors being open during a refurbish. Our room had been redone and the only thing we noticed was the got rid of the carpet had new beds and had painted. The room was nice but basically the same as it was before. By the end of the week they had completed the other two floors.
You stayed in my dream room. I always look up to that room and wonder how cool it would be to stay there!

What device are you using to look? I have no idea why, except for the magical Disney IT fail, but when I check disney.com on my phone I often find available rooms that I cannot find using the same exact website on my computer. We leave in one week ( :dogdance: ) and a few weeks ago I found a great deal on our return flight that saved us over $500, but that meant staying 2 extra days...poor us right? I mean if I'm going to spend the money might as well spend it at disney, not on airfare right? LOL I was not able to book 2 more nights at POR, so I took ASSports with a phone agent. Not really what I wanted so I kept looking to change it. While at work I found POP for just a few dollars more for our 2 extra nights....but I hate ordering things on my phone browser. So after work I logged on my computer.....nothing. Yet those 2 nights were still on my phone browser. I called, the CM told me nothing at POP even though I could see them, had them in my cart and even gave her my cart ID. Nope.....so she told me if I can see a room, book it on my phone and she'd wait to see it show up and cancel my Sports room. It went though fine. I've still been checking and debating on changing those 2 nights to POFQ. Again the computer shows me nothing available, but my phone shows me both a garden or a river room for those 2 nights.

regards

What time does breakfast end at The Sassagoula Floatworks? Is it usually crowded or take a long time to get breakfast food?

So excited! We leave in the next few weeks for our first POFQ stay. I have our room request in (building 5, upper floor). We have a garden view room booked. We are driving for the first time in years, but I convinced DH to leave the day before and drive almost to the Florida line so that we can get there pretty early. I want to be sure we have plenty of time to see the grounds and explore! I’m looking forward to boat rides to DS, the pool, one bus stop, and seeing something new!!

I thought they were only open until 10:30. We land at 8:25 am and if DD could get mickey waffles once we arrive at POFQ she’ll be very excited! Waking up in NJ and having Mickey waffles for breakfast in WDW!
They extended the breakfast hours a year or two ago. It was a glorious day. I see the waffle bar is even open till 1115!

Hello everyone! Just made my reservations today for a stay at the POR-FQ in December. Stayed at CBR, Poly and GF but have never even visited this resort. I booked a garden view room.
We loved our stay around the holiday last year- enjoy! It's so peaceful away from the crowds and bustle. You can still visit all the big trees and retreat back to the quiet jazz of the bayou. :)

IS FQ offering the option of opting out of Housekeeping for a Gift Card? Does anyone know what the amount of the gift card is per night? We're coming down for 7 Days in August and we are considering doing this.

IS FQ offering the option of opting out of Housekeeping for a Gift Card? Does anyone know what the amount of the gift card is per night? We're coming down for 7 Days in August and we are considering doing this.
Yes, they are. It's $10 per night less the first night. So for 7 nights it would be $60 and comes in the form of an e-gift card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!