Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

DH and I are considering spending a few days at POFQ early next year since we have some travel credits with SW we'd like to use before they expire. We are thinking just a resort-only trip, no parks. I noticed that Mardi Gras falls on March 5th this year and wondered if POFQ or POR do anything special for it? It might be kind of fun to plan our trip for that time. We're trying to decide when to go since the dates are flexible. If you all have any other recommendations I'd love to hear them. We are looking at some time in Feb-March (before March 11). :)

DH and I are considering spending a few days at POFQ early next year since we have some travel credits with SW we'd like to use before they expire. We are thinking just a resort-only trip, no parks. I noticed that Mardi Gras falls on March 5th this year and wondered if POFQ or POR do anything special for it? It might be kind of fun to plan our trip for that time. We're trying to decide when to go since the dates are flexible. If you all have any other recommendations I'd love to hear them. We are looking at some time in Feb-March (before March 11). :)
I believe they do. I vaguely recall seeing a youtube video from Mousesteps showing a parade or something

We were there for Mardi Gras this year and I think they had a parade (which we didn't go to) with cast members in decorated golf buggies. At night they had a party where they played music, had a couple of characters out, had a couple of the golf buggies from earlier on display had competitions for free beignets etc. It was a fun night :)

I'm staying at POFQ last week in November, does anybody know if they do any decorations for christmas?

Hi. Have the rooms at POFQ been refurbished recently? Staying there for a mother-daughter trip in August for a few nights. We've stayed at POR but never FQ. Thank you.

Hi. Have the rooms at POFQ been refurbished recently? Staying there for a mother-daughter trip in August for a few nights. We've stayed at POR but never FQ. Thank you.

Yup...the last couple of buildings are being done right now. Moved to "wood" floors instead of carpets and other nice refreshes.

FQ and riverside share busses right? How bad do they get? We have stayed at CBR and CS and while we like those resorts the bus system with the multi stop thing has gotten to us that we hate how crowded it gets and the many stops. We just stayed at Yacht and it was not horrible even when crowded.

FQ and riverside share busses right? How bad do they get? We have stayed at CBR and CS and while we like those resorts the bus system with the multi stop thing has gotten to us that we hate how crowded it gets and the many stops. We just stayed at Yacht and it was not horrible even when crowded.

We've stayed at POFQ twice at peak times: 5 days at from just after Christmas until past New Year and 10 days around the 4th July holiday periods. It is definitely our favourite Moderate. Our experience was that we didn't ever share a bus with POR and also didn't wait long for buses to or from the Parks. Now whether that was because they were peak times and so Disney Transport could justify both resorts having dedicated buses I don't know. Do know what you mean about the multi stop bus resorts though. We had issues at OKW when we regularly had to wait for the next bus and that would often be full as well. Having said that we haven't ever had a problem at SSR and have stayed there a few times now.

Mrs TT

We've stayed at POFQ twice at peak times: 5 days at from just after Christmas until past New Year and 10 days around the 4th July holiday periods. It is definitely our favourite Moderate. Our experience was that we didn't ever share a bus with POR and also didn't wait long for buses to or from the Parks. Now whether that was because they were peak times and so Disney Transport could justify both resorts having dedicated buses I don't know. Do know what you mean about the multi stop bus resorts though. We had issues at OKW when we regularly had to wait for the next bus and that would often be full as well. Having said that we haven't ever had a problem at SSR and have stayed there a few times now.

Mrs TT

at CBR there are like 4 stops around the resort. so depending on where you are you might have a spot or not on the bus...and since we will be traveling on our fall trip with someone in a scooter or wheelchair that will add some things to the bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter