Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Argh! Thanks to the last few posts, I changed my hotel for my April trip from Pop to FQ! I KNEW THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN. I can't leave well enough alone! You guys owe me $400! :rotfl:

In my defense I was just playing around and saw that there was actually a Sun & Fun Room available, which I never see at FQ...

Argh! Thanks to the last few posts, I changed my hotel for my April trip from Pop to FQ! I KNEW THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN. I can't leave well enough alone! You guys owe me $400! :rotfl:

In my defense I was just playing around and saw that there was actually a Sun & Fun Room available, which I never see at FQ...
Hahaha you won't regret it!!!!!

I was shocked to find an AP discount a couple of weeks back, which is why I switched. I actually SAVED $253, though, as we were originally staying at AoA.

Hey guys
So I completely forgot to empy the drawers! I left behind a bunch of stuff. I called and all they did was tell me to go online and submit a form?? I left over $200 of clothes left behind. I know it's my fault but I expect them to do the right thing

I just called again and they said they are going to ask the new guest if they can check the room. I'm freaking out here.
Has anyone ever had any luck with this?

Hey guys
So I completely forgot to empy the drawers! I left behind a bunch of stuff. I called and all they did was tell me to go online and submit a form?? I left over $200 of clothes left behind. I know it's my fault but I expect them to do the right thing

I just called again and they said they are going to ask the new guest if they can check the room. I'm freaking out here.

Not specifically for this, but I did leave an item behind on 7DMT before, and that taught me that Disney has a centralized lost/found process. You submit a claim form online, and they then work that case to help track down your items.

A few years ago my GF left several items in a drawer including a favorite pair of shoes. She filled out the form and the items were sent to her. It was her fault and they did the right thing.

So I completely forgot to empy the drawers! I left behind a bunch of stuff. I called and all they did was tell me to go online and submit a form??

Your call would most likely have gone straight to the central WDW switchboard. Perhaps it might be worth asking to be transferred to Housekeeping actually at the hotel. Also, try sending a message via http://diz.sv/frenchstay which is read (same-day) by cast members in the POFQ management office.

Andre

Not specifically for this, but I did leave an item behind on 7DMT before, and that taught me that Disney has a centralized lost/found process. You submit a claim form online, and they then work that case to help track down your items.
Good to know! I will try to relax and be patient with their process

Your call would most likely have gone straight to the central WDW switchboard. Perhaps it might be worth asking to be transferred to Housekeeping actually at the hotel. Also, try sending a message via http://diz.sv/frenchstay which is read (same-day) by cast members in the POFQ management office.

Andre
Yes that's exactly what happened, I called the same day I left and couldn't understand why they couldn't just give me an answer haha. Thank you!

I know I won't, but I was trying to branch out...I have 4 FQ stays under my belt! Oh well, sorry Pop. This is the 2nd time I've booked it only to switch. This is what happens when you find the best hotel right off the bat. :)
You will not regret it. We love Port Orleans. But last year we stayed at POP. Well, lesson learned.

They found my clothes and are mailing them back to me 😭😭 I just love the amazing staff there!

Great to hear that.

Hmm, I wonder if this might be a good way to avoid the inevitable 'second bag' airline charge we have on the way back? "Ohh, oops, I forgot this whole luggage's worth of stuff, do you mind mailing it to me?" :rotfl2:

Great to hear that.

Hmm, I wonder if this might be a good way to avoid the inevitable 'second bag' airline charge we have on the way back? "Ohh, oops, I forgot this whole luggage's worth of stuff, do you mind mailing it to me?" :rotfl2:
😂😂😂😂😂 I really hope they don't think that's what I did there

Question, does anyone have any suggestions as to best building to request? I assume as with most Disney properties, the top floor would be the quietest?
Following...I would like to know the same thing. Third floor sounds nice, but no elevators...

I will say we were on a corner room 1st floor of building 5 and barely heard any neighbors at all, I think I heard the water (barely) running one morning. We found out after we left that one of our neighbors was on the POFQ facebook group and she was nervous we'd heard her kids... nope not a thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!