Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

What is the best way to get to the Rivera from WL

“Best” is relative but quickest/easiest would be Uber/Lyft/Taxi from WL to Riv.

An alternative using Disney transportation would be take the boat or bus from WL to MK then take a bus from MK to Riv. This used to be a lot easier when the MK had abundant hours from morning to late evening. These days with shorter park hours it’s not always an option depending on when you’re trying to go.

Hope that helps.

If you are using Disney transportation than the MK bus would be the best option, imo. The MK bus will drop you off at the bus depot and it will be a quick walk to the Riviera bus. A boat to MK would be more scenic and fun, but you would have to go through bag check at the boat dock and then have to walk to the bus depot.

If you have an early morning breakfast for BEFORE the buses start running, an UBER or LYFT would be best. We used LYFT XL many times with zero issues.

If you are not in a time crunch, then boat to MK then bus to Riviera. If you are at EPCOT or HS for the day, then take the skyliner or bus.

We had breakfast at Chef Art Smith's homecoming @ 9:30am and too LYFT XL, Grand Floridian Cafe @ 7:30 am took LYFT XL, and since the buses were not at WL by 8:30am - we took a LYFT XL to HS to be there by 9am-and the line was still very long waiting for temp check/bag check. The buses in the morning at WL were not great.

A question for you WL/BRV/CCV aficionados... I'll be staying at BRV for the first time next month. First trip to WDW in 10 years too! I am mostly over at DLR, and having a hard time figuring out how much time to schedule for travel around WDW. We are planning to take the bus to HS/AK/Epcot - If we want to be there at rope drop how much in advance should we get to the bus stop at WL? I know that technically the buses are supposed to start 45 min to park opening but it sounds like that is not always the case these days. Any thoughts or recent experiences would be helpful. Thank you!

That's exactly the question I have, too! I'll be there next week, and I really want to make the most of that 30-45 minutes before the official park opening.

A question for you WL/BRV/CCV aficionados... I'll be staying at BRV for the first time next month. First trip to WDW in 10 years too! I am mostly over at DLR, and having a hard time figuring out how much time to schedule for travel around WDW. We are planning to take the bus to HS/AK/Epcot - If we want to be there at rope drop how much in advance should we get to the bus stop at WL? I know that technically the buses are supposed to start 45 min to park opening but it sounds like that is not always the case these days. Any thoughts or recent experiences would be helpful. Thank you!
we got to bus an hour before

That's exactly the question I have, too! I'll be there next week, and I really want to make the most of that 30-45 minutes before the official park opening.
We were there last week. Posted signs say buses start running 30 minutes to park opening. Be at the bus stop an hour before-at least. I do not recommend a bus for HS. Lyft or Uber or drive.

Is there a general consensus on whether there is much difference in a deluxe studio at BRV vs. CCV? I am booked in a deluxe studio at BRV, but I've seen the CCV ones popping up and am having a hard time deciding. I've never stayed at WL lodge before and both rooms look to have similar quality/amenities based on the pictures online.

Is there a general consensus on whether there is much difference in a deluxe studio at BRV vs. CCV? I am booked in a deluxe studio at BRV, but I've seen the CCV ones popping up and am having a hard time deciding. I've never stayed at WL lodge before and both rooms look to have similar quality/amenities based on the pictures online.

The biggest difference IMO is that the studio at BRV sleeps 5 (it has the smaller pop down bed) while CCV sleeps 4. We personally prefer staying in the main building, so it’s CCV for us. BRV currently is in need of refurbishment, and CCV is still new. A lot is personal preference, but you really can’t go wrong either way. It’s a beautiful resort to enjoy all around.

The biggest difference IMO is that the studio at BRV sleeps 5 (it has the smaller pop down bed) while CCV sleeps 4. We personally prefer staying in the main building, so it’s CCV for us. BRV currently is in need of refurbishment, and CCV is still new. A lot is personal preference, but you really can’t go wrong either way. It’s a beautiful resort to enjoy all around.
We only have 4, but the two boys waver on whether they want to sleep together or not, so the extra small bed might be the deciding vote.

We were there last week. Posted signs say buses start running 30 minutes to park opening. Be at the bus stop an hour before-at least. I do not recommend a bus for HS. Lyft or Uber or drive.
Thanks! I'm assuming you mean at least an hour before the official park opening? So if (against your advice) we take the bus to HS that opens at 10 am, would 8:30 am be a good plan?

Thanks! I'm assuming you mean at least an hour before the official park opening? So if (against your advice) we take the bus to HS that opens at 10 am, would 8:30 am be a good plan?
That would be your best chance. If you don't get on a bus by 9:15, you will be way back in the pack. If you want to ride Minnie's RR then go there FIRST-expect the line to be long. Be ready to snag a boarding group for ROTR while in line. DO NOT USE WIFI-use your cellular data. Have everyone in your party try. If one person gets it and you are all friends and family on MDE then it will add all of you who are scanned into HS.

If you don't want to ride Minnie's RR...then head to SDD. We had two HS days and on the first day we did Minnie's RR first, got boarding group 38 for ROTR while in line, then we did RNR, TOT, ROTR, Alien swirling saucers -then it came a downpour and we left. 2nd day @ HS we did SDD, TSM (got boarding group 39 while on this ride), TOT, lunch and waited for our boarding group for ROTR. We went to Oga's and we had the charcuterie and the nibs and they were really good. My husband always gets the jet fuel there, I got water, and my girls got 2 non alcoholic beverages-I don't remember what they were. We did try the blue and the green milks on our first HS day-we did not like either one.

have fun and good luck to ya on the buses-maybe they will start running earlier.

CCV studios are renovated hotel rooms, so the total studio is located in what was once a single hotel room. They only sleep four, so they are kind of small. But they are newer than BRV. BRV was scheduled for a complete renovation to start this fall, but with the virus, the renovations at SSR have been delayed. So it hasn't started yet at BRV. Rooms were last renovated about 2016. BRV was built as a DVC resort from scratch. You'll have one queen bed, one double sleeper sofa and the bunk sized murphy bed at BRV. CCR will have one queen bed and one queen sized sleeper sofa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter