Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm needing some advice. I currently have a reservation for March at the Wilderness Lodge. I made this reservation pre-Covid . I haven't done anything with the reservation as I was hoping WL would be open by my travel dates however that is looking very unlikely. With the current discounts I could move to the Yacht Club and save a little $. I've never stayed there and my concern is I do have someone in my travel party that has mobility issues, not sure how big that resort is. I know if I don't move Disney will move me as it gets closer to my dates. Would you go ahead and move or just wait? There is also the possibility the trip will be postponed until later in the year. I guess I'm just in denial since we love WL so much, like being close to MK as well as the other monorail resorts. TIA.

I'm needing some advice. I currently have a reservation for March at the Wilderness Lodge. I made this reservation pre-Covid . I haven't done anything with the reservation as I was hoping WL would be open by my travel dates however that is looking very unlikely. With the current discounts I could move to the Yacht Club and save a little $. I've never stayed there and my concern is I do have someone in my travel party that has mobility issues, not sure how big that resort is. I know if I don't move Disney will move me as it gets closer to my dates. Would you go ahead and move or just wait? There is also the possibility the trip will be postponed until later in the year. I guess I'm just in denial since we love WL so much, like being close to MK as well as the other monorail resorts. TIA.
We love WL the most but frequently stay at Beach Club or Yacht Club because you can walk to two parks from there, for example. The Yacht Club is a good choice for someone with mobility issues because the boat to Epcot and Hollywood Studios, when it is running, is handicap accessible. You just have to roll an ECV on it. Plus Epcot and Hollywood Studios are close enough to walk to. The Skyliner is handy, too, for access to Hollywood Studios plus Riviera, Caribbean Beach, Art of Animation and Pop Century. I wouldn't worry about the Yacht Club being big. It is actually smaller than the Wilderness Lodge. :)

We changed our Copper Creek reservation to the Yacht Club for January because of the discount for YC. But if Wilderness Lodge opens, and has a discount, we will be back there. :)

I'm hoping anyone who has stayed at Copper Creek Villas (or Boulder) post covid can tell me what the experience was like. Are most resort activities still open and available? How's the transportation?

I'm so curious when they will start running!
As long as they are trying to keep non-resort guests out of the individual resorts, I'd guess not too soon. You'd have to take a boat to MK from WL and then another from MK to Ft Wilderness.

As long as they are trying to keep non-resort guests out of the individual resorts, I'd guess not too soon. You'd have to take a boat to MK from WL and then another from MK to Ft Wilderness.

Right! Is it true the yellow bus line runs from Fort Wilderness to Wilderness Lodge and vice versa?

Anyone heard if the main lobby at Wilderness Lodge will be decorated for Christmas this year, or just Boulder Ridge lobby? (We have a 1-bedroom at CCV booked, but have BRV waitlisted....I know, that's crazy....)

Anyone heard if the main lobby at Wilderness Lodge will be decorated for Christmas this year, or just Boulder Ridge lobby? (We have a 1-bedroom at CCV booked, but have BRV waitlisted....I know, that's crazy....)

I really hope it is. Last December, we rented a night at Copper Creek for this November (11/30) solely for the gorgeous WL lobby decor, lol. Fingers crossed!

Does anyone know how many deluxe studios with shower are on the ground floor?
I looked at the color coded map, but the 2 blues deluxe studio tub and deluxe studio shower look like the same color.

We will be at BRV a week from today and I can let you know as the decorations are supposed to be up on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter